Random Idea: Diablo Life Leach

For those who don’t know off the top of their head Life Leah is a level 4 talent that heals Diablo for 1% of his health (buffed recently to 15.% I think) and 4% of his health if he has full souls

Well I ahd an idea to buff/nerf this talent a bit,
Make it requirea bit more skill then just wailing on whoever, Nerf the base healing a bit but then give it a burst heal if he’s able ot hit the same target without swapping

Just a thought

They overbuffed this talent.

1.5% and 3% was fine and could be used depending on enemy team, but 2% and 4% is just too much. If you don’t have % damage you are never killing that Diablo, ever.

I think it should go to what it was before this last buff.

7 Likes

Is that a new patch note? Also, I don’t know much about balance, but won’t buffing his healing more cement his position as an aggressive pick for an initiative tank? You know, so that we won’t always have ETC and Johanna in every match?

Sigy let me break down just how much ehaling this can be

Diablo’s base attakc speed is .9 per second so miniscule amount below 1 per second
and at level 13 he has a talent that potentially let’s him double that speed

So 4% of Diablo’s healtth every .5 seconds DIABLO health,

For frame of reference Tychus attack speed is 4 per second at 2.5% and his only lasts 3 seconds

do the math and you’ll see how bonkers this can be. it literally is almost enough to let him tank Minigun from Tychus and I haven’t even mentioned how it ocmbo’s with his feast on fear talent at 1.

Oh wow okay. Yeah that seems like an overbuff situation.

Well, they increased the life gained at the same time that they reduced the cooldown on both his CC. So you healed more, and you can keep targets at melee range longer. Which means you heal more.

I’m starting to doubt that taking any other build makes sense currently. Diabolical momentum has crazy value.

1 Like

No they should buff diablo’s other talents. Especially the firestomp build, been bad for a long long time.

It was all Q build before this buff. Now it’s buffed it’s AA build. firestomp still bad

1 Like

This is from the last patch note Heroes of the Storm Balance Patch Notes - July 15, 2020 — Heroes of the Storm — Blizzard News

Still think Diablo needs something to make him a little bit better, but right now this talent got overbuffed and it being picked A LOT, while before his level 4 tier was much more balanced.

W build was always good and still is. Actually, all his builds were pretty much the same and worked well in different situations, AA build, W build with LB and burst/Q with Apoc.

But now AA build is overbuffed.

1 Like

I’LL SWALLOW YOUR SOUL! :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

That aspect of Diablo does not need a buff due to how strong his other aspects are. He is one of the best CC heroes in HotS with a lot of options available to him.

percentages can be pretty misleading.

If you plug the numbers on ETC, he has 7.5% hps with his aa talents.
And he has baseline armor, so while that doesn’t stop hp damage from say, Tychus’ trait, it does reduce his basic attack damage and still ends up as being ‘more’ healing via prevention.

Stitches can get 7% hp attack dps with a less conditional steroid boosting that by 50%. Plus, Devour is a 1% hp regen baseline (20% heal over 20 seconds) but can get a second charge, effectively halve the cdr and tack on an extra 8% over 3 seconds on top of that that can all trigger while he’s attacking. So those figures get pretty big.

Taking the shield talent on johanna at lvl 1 is the equivalent of 2%hp regen a second (what diablos would do pre 100 souls) while shield glare is a 4% hp heal per target, so something like 20% per 8 seconds (if she’s attacking for cdr)

Muradin’s Thunderclap is 5% a target, reverb counts, and he can get attack cdr to drop that below 8 secs and run up something like 25% per 4 seconds, conditionally doubled. (sitting in the reverb)

If Garrosh goes aa bloodthirst build, he can also beat the 4% hp a second rate too, not that that ever gets taken.

Wanna guess the %hp healing numbers on Mal’ganis?

Granted, all of those have very different max hp values compared to diablo, so then it can be a matter of flat numbers posted (148 hps from his lvl 1 talent and 148 hps at max souls)

And yea, sub 300 hp regen is quite a bit more than ETC’s 166 prog rock quest or the 196 hps of Johanna’s lvl 1 heal, but aa-based heals are also heavily subjected to ias slows, cc, blinds, melee range to attack (compared to passive/on-going effects of other tanks) plus it tends to come at the opportunity cost of his other defensive abilities (trading armor for healing)

If I plug some numbers on HP for stats, leach is currently trending more popular, but it also isn’t as collectively successful as his armor/stun based builds. Maybe the trend will persist, but I think it’s more a lack of his W options falling out a favor while the aa-ones are about up to speed with his nerfed stun-build options.

If the numbers finally got people to try it out, woo hoo, but given how combo-centric diablo can be as is, I don’t think it a bad thing if his attack is a basic passive so he has a bit of sustain/pressure without needing to go-all in with his combos. And even if he does go the ias route, it’s pretty much just healing and he then traded his damage power for it, so that seems like the shift in that direction would be to change targets; if he’s already at higher health, then the healing doesn’t do anything more for him and just acts as a damage sponge, rather than a damaging threat.

An in that way, as posted above, some of the sponge/regen aspects aren’t off compared to other tanks if people wanna directly compare them XD.

But, I guess if the secret on that gets out, then maybe other tanks will see play doing roughly the same thing? /shrug, that’s about how I build stitches and I just try to outheal stuff to death and far as I can figure, his numbers are bigger than dibbles :wink:

5 Likes

yeah I don’t buy that 4% life leech makes diablo unkillable. give me a break. diablo was completely out of the meta for a long time. god forbid we are finally seeing him again

3 Likes

that’s not the only thing that’s making him a pain to kill
It’s also how this healing combo’s with the healing from Feast on Fear at one (which oh yeah ALSO got buffed this patch as his stuns got their cooldown reduced as well

Well you are supposed to pick some %damage into diablo or struggle.
I mean not like it is faster to find what dps do not have %damage than the contrary.
It’s like picking sustain damage to kill ETC and wonder why he still lives.

1 Like

How much percent damage do you need? Because newsflash, this new crap even if Tychus isn’t the one being stunned Diablo is outlasting Minigun with almost no issue 1.5 hits per second at 4% health per second vs 8% per second, basically if he stuns ANYONE and gets the 3% per second heal from Feast on Fear he’s tanking Tychus’ crap with almost no damage TYCHUS

If that really is the case , good.
Having tychus or malthael or greymane push a button and make you not having a hero shouldn’t be a thing either.
You may want to use the 2 other dps you have now.

2 Likes

It needed the buff , especially before 100 souls

2 Likes

a 12 second CD
ON A TANK BUSTER
should do more then midly inconvienience (to put it mildly) a TANK

even before the buff was already extremely good, i could legit solo anyone but valeera with 100 souls, the cd reset per hit, the melee haste per stunn, and the doble stunn talent.

you wont kill diablo with that build that easy if hes peeling with a decent bruiser, most people underestimated that build for a long time, if you dont believe it, just try him with full AA build, you just need a wall to keep the 100% melee haste with the diabolical momentum and the doble charge.

1 Like

The build around life leech is insane and the new meta but it is definitely counterable.

Whilst Diablo is there punching someone in the face at double speed, flipping them over ever 2 seconds, remember that he ain’t moving, he’s just sat there making the most of his attack speed. A team with enough stuns or blinds are just going to negate this ability so much he just dies, and the enemy team can take advantage that the tank is preoccupied getting his self heals and not peeling for the team.

If it works though yeah his self heal is insane, but, like you keep saying it can outheal a typhus, but not the whole team or most of a team, so that’s fine.