Random Disconnects

The game has been disconnecting me randomly. 7 times in 4 games it suddenly stopped responding and went to a reconnect screen. The only way to get back into the game was to leave totally and restart HotS, even though the Blizzard app was not disconnected and no other internet functionality on any of my other devises, including the laptop running HotS, was ever disrupted. Anyone else having problems today?

1 Like

Same issue here. Randomly happened during a match. Now it happens every game. If I restart hots I can get into the game for a moment. But then goes back to reconnecting and eventually drops me after the game finishes. I have a bunch of leaver games and can’t even complete them lol. Started yesterday.
Reinstalled, scan and repaired. Nothing seems to work.

3 times per game now. Just got disconnected right as we were about to win, and by the time I exited and relaunched HotS the game was done and I got leaver status, again!

If you are running into consistent disconnects we’ll want to get some WinMTR results. Please run that while you’re playing and during the issue. Once done export the results and post the contents here. When posting those results, please format it by encasing it in a set of ~~~ like so:
~~~
WinMTR Results
~~~

I’ve run the test, but I can’t seem to figure out how to attach the results. I can’t get the file attached to this reply and don’t have an open ticket with support. Do I need to open a ticket and then attach it to that?

Hello Airion :wave:

If you export the WinMTR test results to a text file, you can copy the contents into a forum reply. Place it between rows of accent marks (`) for formatting:

```
Like this.
```

Thanks for that. (“Thanks” is too short of a reply; won’t let me post it; who knew?)
I also just discovered that I can’t reply twice without someone else replying in between.

Finally got it right, I think. In this game, 3 of my teammates were disconnected, and I was dc’ed twice. I couldn’t reconnect before the game ended, so my leaver penalty has increased, again, because the only way to reconnect is to exit HotS and restart it.

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

|                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |

|                       Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |

|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|

|                     www.routerlogin.com -    0 |  923 |  923 |    0 |    0 |    7 |    0 |

|                         142.254.152.221 -    0 |  923 |  923 |    9 |   13 |   47 |   14 |

|         ae62.milywi2602h.midwest.rr.com -    0 |  923 |  923 |   10 |   15 |   53 |   14 |

|         be64.gnfdwibb01r.midwest.rr.com -    0 |  923 |  923 |    9 |   16 |   36 |   16 |

|bu-ether16.chcgildt87w-bcr00.tbone.rr.com -    0 |  923 |  923 |   12 |   19 |   43 |   15 |

|                            66.109.5.225 -   14 |  605 |  525 |   10 |   20 |  164 |   27 |

|                            66.109.9.149 -    0 |  923 |  923 |   10 |   14 |   64 |   12 |

|              ae1-br02-eqch2.as57976.net -    0 |  923 |  923 |   11 |   27 |  250 |   50 |

|              be2-pe02-eqch2.as57976.net -    0 |  923 |  923 |   11 |   15 |   60 |   13 |

|                           24.105.62.129 -    0 |  923 |  923 |   12 |   16 |   57 |   15 |

|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|

WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

Yep everyone has this problem apparently. Its ridiculous. I quit the game a year ago, came back month ago and its still rampant. I get LEAVER on a regular basis from “disconnecting” from hero select phase even though my internet is 5/5 bars and I have no such issue in any other game. Yikes…