Ragnaros skin ideas!

We all know we need some more Rag skins in the game, so here are some of my ideas!

Water Elemental Ragnaros:
Basically a recolor to make him water, with tints such as shallows, depths, muddy, and brackish.
His abilities’ visuals change to become more reminiscent of the way water behaves, like Empower Sulfuras creating a splash of water and Living Meteor just hitting the ground but creating a wave of water than moves forwards from the impact point.
Lava Wave becomes a tidal wave to wash everything away, of course.

Storm Elemental Ragnaros:
Ragnaros now looks like a roiling mass of clouds and lightning.
Empower Sulfuras adds electrical effects to Sulfuras and Living Meteor summons a whopper of a hail stone.
Lava Wave is replaced by a thunderstorm shooting lightning.
Sulfuras Smash now summons a giant lightning strike.

Void Lord Ragnaros:
He’s now a black and purple mass with sparkling stars flowing across his body.
I don’t really have any ideas for his basic ability visuals for this skin.
Lava Wave becomes a tear in reality leading to the void that swallows everything in its path.

Snowman Ragnaros:
He’s a fluffy snowman, what else is there to say? Bonus points for a “yellow snow” tint!
Abilities now create splashes of snow.
Lava Wave now sends a torrent of snow down a lane in a raging avalanche.
Sulfuras Smash summons a giant snowball from the sky.

Cooled Magma Ragnaros:
Ragnaros looks like he’s made more of rock than lava now, with veins of glowing magma still running along his now mostly solid surface.
I don’t see any real change to his abilities’ visuals being necessary, basic or Heroic.

3 Likes

I know it’s an easy one, but: Cereal Ragnaros, called RagnarO’s. Sulfuras gets replaced with a giant spoon, and the special skin mount is Ragnaros floating in a bowl.
As for the colour variations of the skin, it could have names like:

• RagnarO’s
  • Fruity RagnarO’s (various rainbow colours representing fruit)
  • Berry RagnarO’s (blue, red, purple, different signature berry colours)
  • Honey Nut RagnarO’s (shades of brown and yellow for the grain and honey colours (save the bees :honeybee:))
1 Like

https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/hearthstone_gamepedia/e/e0/Ragnaros%2C_Lightlord_full.jpg?version=294d80e0827ce298e7ab314bea62cea8
It’s criminal that Lightlord wasn’t his launch skin. The sooner this is fixed the better.

1 Like

The most clever idea I’ve seen for a Ragnaros is Malware Ragnaros, with pixel-esque graphics letting off sqaure-ish graphical bits that is common in representations of “programs” in media. Use like an 8 bit meteor and his ultimate is just a firewall wave of pixels travelling down the line wiping everything clean.

2 Likes

1 Like

I’m still in for a FelFirelord Ragnaros - so a green one.

1 Like

We are way overdue for a new rag skin. Then again, I respect the amount of time and effort that has to go into that.