Ragnaros Needs more skins

Legit he has the least skins in the game. Whats up with that?

1 Like

I think heā€™s the only hero (besides the latest one) who hasnā€™t received new skins since release.

1 Like

Malganis only has eight skinsā€¦somehow less than Rag but he is also a lot newer than ragā€¦they BOTH need new skins. Heck even Anduin only has eight skins. Add some skins for all three of them and we could use some new skins for Uther, Maiev, and Medivh. I donā€™t even play much of the last three heroes I listed but I know others do and would love to see some new skins for them.

P.S. What the heck is the deal with not including a Lilā€™ Butcher skin set with the Toys II event?! What are you guys thinking? That set would sell like crazy.

1 Like

The devs have explained this repeatedly over the years:
Apparently Ragnaros is a very GFX-intensive hero, such that making a skin for him woul require a whole lot of time from the GFX team, as opposed to only (or almost only) needing the ā€œregularā€ modeling and animation team.

As such, making a skin for Ragnaros would take as much development resources as two skins for other heroes or even more.

Similarly, TLV and Alex are unlikely to get skins as frequently as others, 'cause having several models (for each viking, or each form) means more work (why this doesnā€™t seem to impede new skins for Greymane and Rexxar, I donā€™t know :stuck_out_tongue:), but for Rag itā€™s worse, 'cause the GFX team seems to be a bit of a bottleneck (since most heroes use substantially less GFX, I imagine that team is rather small, even for HotS standards).

Thatā€™s also the reason why all his skins are tones of orange: apparently, it would take significant GFX work to make a skin with another color of flames, and they donā€™t think itā€™s worth it when they could do two or three skins for other heroes, instead.

All that said, I personally think they should just do it anyway, given the amount of times it has been requested.

TL;DR: itā€™s a matter of priorities. Creating a skin for Raggy ā€œcostsā€ more than for other heroes, and the devs donā€™t think itā€™s woth it.

1 Like

Tbh just recolor the curent ones with like shades of blue and green. That cant be that hard? Maybe even a black flames rag?

The fact that his launch skin wasnā€™t Lightlord Ragnaros is nothing short of criminal.

1 Like