Ragnaros is overpowered

I main 3 heroes which are (in no particular order): Arthas, Zul’jin, and Ragnaros.

So, as a Rag main, I feel no shame in saying he is CRAZY OP. His ability to easily control 2 lanes at the same time(3 lanes at level 20) and cap mercs faster than any hero other than heroes which Pay mercs, while at the same time being a powerful mid-ranged assasin in team fights(he is NOT a Bruiser lol) make him second to no one. Even when it’s a match he can’t win, he still forces the match to drag out for 30 - 40 minutes simply because the other team just cannot get through his oppressive level of lane control.

The only true downside to Rag is HE HAS NO SKINS!!! But i’m willing to continue to overlook that as long as he stays so absurdly overpowered.

It’s cute you think that and by all means spread that myth, when an enemy team can’t kill me in the late game cus I’m more durable then a Thrall or an Artanis.

2 Likes

Idk in all my games all that happens is

“oh boy its braxis better pick rag”
“Wait im not winning lane?”
“At least i can kill zerg”

3 objectives later and he’ll have top dmg vs zerg and still lose game.

10 Likes

I hate rag on Braxis hate hate hate feels so underpowered

2 Likes

I’ve had a game against Rag where what happened was:
“we are dominating the map”
“their Rag clears our zerg before it can get any value”
“3 zerg waves later they start a comeback”
we lose the game, because our zerg was useless.
But this was way back in time, before any changes were made on Brexit. Now it is ineeded the way you are describing it.

1 Like

SHHHHHHHHHHH dont reveal my secret :wink:

2 Likes

I see a “Ragnaros is op” thread and I feel being trolled. :joy:

2 Likes

FRESH INSECT

4 Likes

I have a 60%+ wr with Rag on Braxxis (Diamond+ SL) :man_shrugging:

Anyway, I agree that Rag is really strong.
But I have to question your skill if you think he gets camps the faster but more importantly if you think he’s not a Bruiser.

1 Like

Rag is good for one thing… lane control. Ok he is good for two things…lane control and xp contribution.

His kit features no CC unless you take the wrong ult. His escapes are minimal…his durability is average. His damage is mediocre amongst the other bruisers. Overall id give him a “good” rating. He isnt bad…and he does at least have a useful role. To say he is overpowered is a huge overstatement though. He is not over or under powered…he is merely powered.

The only time you dominate with a ragnaros is if the enemy team is of a much lower skill level. If they run with his boulder and let it damage them repeatedly. If they let you close distance and lay down your E+auto+Q+W combo without stunning you and destroying you. If they let you lava their lanes and dont get camps to keep you from pushing their base.

In a teamfight, there are far more threatening bruisers in the game (im looking at you Imperious/Chen/Rexxar/Dva/Leoric/Sonya)… Ragnaros contributes some damage in a team fight, but contributes more than the average bruiser in lanes.

That’s a terrible idea. Rag is not strong at 1x1, unless you pick him after a hero that you know he counters (not many, but he does beat zagara quite easily; or any non-solo heroes if enemies forget to pick any at all) or you have a reliable ganker (e.g., genji) to secure the point fast without losing the other point.

In general though, Braxxis is one of rag’s worst maps (probably THE worst (well that or BoE)), definitely not one I would consider picking him (unless vs zagara - that’s such an easy matchup, that it’s hard to resist, especially after you get smash), even if he is one of my main goto bruisers. Rag is the king of Tomb.

P.S. Lava wave doesn’t even kill any of the zergs anymore (only the small ones that get resummoned), so even that is a no-no for rag on braxxis (definitely take smash). If you want to clear zergs really fast with a flashy ability, go for fenix with lazer.

1 Like

So that means Rexxar is the king of Braxis?

Qhira beats rexxar (although that’s definitely not an easy matchup for either one). Gazlowe used to beat rexxar (dunno about the new one).
Sonya beats qhira after 10. Fenix beats gazlowe. TB varian beats almost all melees (but is useless in tf so he’s a bust). There is no king of solo lane, but rexxar is definitely one of the prime picks as he does beat a lot and is beat by few (and beats all the noobs who don’t know how to deal with him too).

P.S. I don’t play rex myself so really can’t say much about his other matchus only the ones I play (qhira).

No arthas is

20 characters

Fenix beats arthas. Zagara probably beats him too (although the last time I saw that matchup arthas didn’t have his mana-free Q build - that might be the answer now).
Qhira beats him too (well she does beat almost all melees).
Arthas should beat TB varian though (who beats qhira and sonya).

There’s really no hero that is unbeatable. Braxxis is all about being the second pick and having that last pick… Such a terrible map. The first pick team is pretty much forced to building around a ganker.

The Lava Wave is busted. Assassin that has 1 click ability to full clear and soak a lane globally.

Combined with Molten core, he has the ability to stall games for very long and the longer the match goes, the more value Lava Wave gets.

Honestly, Lava Wave needs to go. Does not even suit his playstyle.

Or he can just go to that lane and kill those minions by pressing QWE. Then clear another lane on the way back. Lava wave gets very little soak that you wouldn’t get anyway. You get maybe 5-6 extra minion waves per game if you time it well during objectives. But that’s about it. Sometimes that half level is important, sometimes not. Smash has just way more reliable value (not saying lava wave is bad, but if you think it’s op, then what does that make smash? broken, busted and insane?).

2 Likes

Not that you need Lava Wave to clear, but the fact that later in game when your lane is pushed with a large wave and catapults, all you do is click R and forget about that lane for next few minutes while doing something else.

No other hero has ability to do that. They have to dedicate a player for the next minute or so to clear the immediate and next 1 or 2 waves.

Ragnaros can just press R and go fight the objective or merc and not worry about clearing.

1 Like

Exactly, because people need to consider that lava wave Rag is comparable to Aba’s clone, that means he is weaker in teamfights, because no good player would let him hit by a wave. :joy:

Worse than Lava Wave in most scenarios. It brings burst damage and a stun. Something other heroes can also bring.

Noone except rag can bring global full wave clear + soak.