Ragnaros and The Lost Vikings still exist @DevTeam

Just a friendly reminder that Ragnaros and TLV are actually still present in the game. Rag came out December 14, 2016 (over two years ago), and TLV came out (shockingly) February 10, 2015 - and neither have received a skin in that entire time.

I’m assuming you guys forgot they exist, because 4 years without a skin (while newer characters have gotten 10+ skins in that time) is pretty ridiculous. I don’t even play TLV, but others do. And many skins have been suggested here over the years. It’s not like there are no ideas available. Four years, guys. So, yeah… Reminder.

Edit: For my part, I’d love to see a blue fire and/or Ice Lord skin for Rag. Can’t believe we have the icy Rag emoji, but still no skin. The idea is clearly there.

Edit: And not just blue fire. Why not green fire? Purple fire? Heck, even black fire! That would be cool, if not slightly terrifying. I can’t imagine these would be terribly hard to create.

3 Likes

A water skin would be perfect for the summer as well. Could turn his lava wave into a tsunami wave.

3 Likes

Blizzard, in their most recent AMA, said they are working on a Rag skin they think people will enjoy. They’ve discussed in the past how Ragnaros is particularly hard to create skins for with his incredibly complex rigging, moving parts, particles, and lighting FX. Making a skin for him is much, much harder than making a skin for other characters because his model had so much put into it.

Lost Vikings are just not touched as much because they basically have 3 different models to skin, and Blizzard figures they aren’t played as much and therefore are not worth the extra effort. It’s quite unfortunate.

2 Likes

We are finally getting a Rag skin? SWEET! Hope it’s not a seasonal because that would be so annoying. Wait well over 2 years for a Rag skin and it’s seasonal only. I would hate that so much

1 Like

Please be Light Lord Ragnaros. Nothing could make me happier.

@Bliztron Appreciate the info. Thanks!