Racism/Homophobic/Trolling in family friendly games

it seems like your report player option isn’t working, Both hots and sc2 almost every time I log on there are racist slurs, homophobic, and general horrible things said from one party to another. I mean please blizzard be professional because the quality of your moderation is becoming abysmal .

who said that it’s bad?

if the player report isn’t broken, it’s not good or business worthy when literally one moderator or a computer filter could improve general chat.

What do expect by assuming the game is family friendly? There is just as much innuendo and borderline immoral or unacceptable audio lines in the game, but all of it is packaged in a humorous way that appeals to people that grew up with the characters. Remind you this is a game where KILLING OTHERS often in a violent way is central to player success. If it’s made for laughs, it doesn’t mean something is less horrible or less inappropriate, but I don’t see you complaining over this.

You can opt out of public chat channels and even prevent unsolicited whispers but you can’t expect the company to police the game constantly, that responsibility falls down on users and they are more than capable of weeding out bad individuals.

If you are worried over exposing your children to the world I would offer you the same advice I received; teach them why something is wrong and unacceptable rather than letting them grow up without any exposure at all.

1 Like

And this is a key part. Even though the graphics currently are better, doom and mortal combat were just as violent, yet as 10y old you generaly could play the game fine. Most of the time you did get a few mentions about the game being a bit too violent, but as long as kids do not get violent themselve, there is no issue. People arent getting more violent because of games (even though the government sometimes wants you to believe that, while in the meantime promoting guns).

The reason for allowing it is simple: it teaches kids what sort of violence is not accepted. Obviously massively over the top in games, but kids do at least see unacceptable behaviour (they even play like a violent person in that game). And as kid, they need to explore… better let them explore a violent game, than performing that in real life. If the kid gets a nightmare because of that, the kid learned a limit.
Note, obviously there are limits to that. A game like silent hills might be a bad idea if you know your kid is scared fast enough, but a game like GTA can be fine. But thats the task of the parent. However, if you notice your kid rarely gets scared, and doesnt seem to mind those games… i also dont see an issue.

Note that i see a game similar to a movie. Except in a game you are in control, and in a movie you are not.

omg… how about you just play Angry Birds instead…

honestly my main issue is blizzard claims to be this Politically correct entity where everyone can go to have fun; not bringing up politics(trolling) or the n word with no consequences because it’s 2020. I believe the game is suffering when people can’t just have a good time and it really is wrong blizzard doesn’t take action aside from when they are trying to sell a game like wow, or overwatch.

It’s been several days since this has stopped being a discussion about bugs and there are more appropriate venues to discuss publisher hypocrisy. Something tells me they might not even allow it on their own platform, but you are always free to vote with your wallet.