Quick Match must be at least 15 characters long

more l like, quick lose.

stop letting 5 stacks queue against 5 random people. I KNOW you do this. fix it

5 Likes

Low playerbase is the reason why they allow it. Blame it on the company not on the people who choose to play in teams as it should be played.

Alot of problems about stacks cant be fixed unless the playerbase gets 50x bigger like LOL is. Even tho I hate 5 stacks myself mostly the toxic one who think they are QM gods with thier sweety try hard comp and thier toxic behavior when they win aka taunting/spraying your spawn area then thier is nothing you can do it.

Game is meant to be played in teams so better find people you can play with or look for a groupe insteed of playing solo. Solo is way too unrelieable to be called a proper game when you face the same trolls and feeders that does nothing but play like zombies and waste your time.

Find a few people to play with and you will have it much better.

5 Likes

At this point I’m not sure how they could get more people playing HotS to fix the problem.

Heroes of the Dorm worked but that requires upper management signing off on the investment which I don’t think will happen until Microsoft’s buyout…and even then…Microsoft would have to effectively view HotS as advertisements for all their games by adding in non-Blizzard IP like emotes, new heroes, skins, etc for them to really invest money into attracting new players…never mind something as grand as Heroes of the Dorm 2: Electric Boogaloo

1 Like

It has been a problem from the start . It will never change . Even when there was a high population the problem was ignored

At this point I’m not sure how they could get more people playing HotS to fix the problem.

They can’t. The game has been bleeding players slowly ever since HGC ended years and years ago.

Why would the player numbers rise? There is no marketing done, zero, no content updates (not staffs fault - staff was moved to other projects or fired). :joy:

Waste of a perfectly good game.
I’ll still play it. I love HotS as a game. Just very disappointed what the management did with it.

2 Likes

5 stacks are rare. Tryharding 5 stacks are even more rare. This is a team game where going as 5 is the designed playmethod. The community is low which makes the MMs job to match 5 stacks against stacks is harder.

The issue is not big enough to worth the hard fixing.

4 Likes

Not in Australia, 5 stacks vs non-stacks is more than 30% of games

So let’s ignore that that’s a made up statistic, and assume it’s true 100%.
So almost 70% of the games do not contain a 5 stack.
And that’s the smallest(?) region (which region is always brought up).
So even there it’s safe to say it’s not common. Not rare, but not common either.

And then here’s what I said, which makes the mentioning of a region with a playerbase smaller, than the average of the already small total, obsolete, redundant.

Because if the MM has no chance of working properly on low playercount, wjy bring up the most minor group? Obviously it’ll have bad MM which sadly cannot be fixed in realistic time.

1 Like

By word of mouth. Or however that saying goes.

When I was poking around on NA QM so did I see some new players as well as returning players who came back after some years.

But the problem is that these players run right into dozens of smurfs that will ruin games by throwing and so on.

1 smurf that plays 5+ quick matches a day can drive away dozens of new players over the course of a week.

Those new players wont understand why the games feel so bad (it’s because that one master or GM is thrashing them about with 30 kills and 0 deaths), they just know it doesn’t feel fun to lose by 5 levels so they just stop playing.

On small servers the problem is particularly bad because they can run into those same 1-2 smurfs over and over even if they space the games hours or days apart.

2 Likes

I think there are ways back from this situation in retrospect. but they involve investments and effectively taking away management of IPs from Blizzard while putting it under someone who’s more competent at that aspect in charge.

That’s not saying anything about the devs for HotS. Devs get allocated, this situation is largely out of their control…this is entirely on upper management’s bad IP…management (hate using that word twice within 3 words ugh lol)…something Blizzard is notorious for.

If I had the unfetted ability to do whatever I wanted with HotS…my roadmap would basically look like this:

Launch HotS 3.0: 3.0 would re-separate SL and HL, simply because stacks vs non-stacks in a competitive draft mode is a problem that perpetuates itself…you cannot have that happen. Especially in a F2P game where smurfing is super easy.

3.0 would also include Microsoft IPs. Get ready for Master Chief + friends in HotS, basically as a method of free advertisement. Any upcoming Microsoft game would probably end up with a hero in HotS.

Additionally I’d launch Heroes of the Dorm 2.0 to generate good will and viewership.

I’d also re-launch the competitive scene in a limited capacity via partner organizations - and MAYBE scale it up, depending on how HotD 2.0 went.

From there I’d probably rework the reporting system. Abusive Chat reports would literally go to the trashcan and just silence the player in question for the reporting player. Not only is Abusive Chat reporting abused but in a F2P game it’s almost pointless. Total waste of resources and has a clear and proven detrimental effect.

I’d also add a new report category called “Report hate speech and threats of physical violence” which all serious non-crap talking, non-giving your allies crap for bad plays nastiness would go under.

I’d also add in a filter to auto detect keywords for this category (hate speech, for example, is super easy to catch) and actively suspend players who are abusing the report system.

Finally, I’d add in a decay system for the escalating punishments. That way if you were a toxic player 5 years ago and learned from your mistakes, you’re not held to the same standards as you were back then after subsequent bans.

That right there is a 10 minute, barely thought of road map to get HotS back on track. I’m sure someone who’s smarter, trained and employed by Blizzard could do better.

I have a 65% wr in QM solo queue.

this is 100% a skill issue. Get. Good.

I agree with you up to a point. On the US server due to the player population drop, I encounter 5 stacks far more often than when Hots was in its glory days.

So often the smaller player pool is the reason for many complaints from poor MM to no brawl mode, etc., and at this point I don’t know what can be done to attract new players.

Doh, okay I missed where you covered this already!

1 Like

Made up huh… you obviously have not read my primary data statistic thread.

Also, it doesn’t matter if it’s 5%, 30% or 50% of games that solo vs 5stacks… it’s a crap feature NO ONE wants except 5stack players

Blizzard KNOWS people hate versing 5 stack, so instead of disabling this game feature, they removed the stack icons from the loading screen… oh yeah…

Even when the player base is reducing, 5stacks will be more common and again… not helping the situation overall.

Also 30%+ is not a small number, thats nearly 1 in 3 games is versing a 5 stack, in perspective, that’s alot of games.

Yeah it is totally unacceptable that Quick Match is 11 characters long, it should be at least 15 chars, “Quickly Matched” would be a perfect replacement for this issue and I hope blizzard would comply to this suggestion.

1 Like

Made up as -iirc- your thread was about 100 (or less?) games, which is statistically insignificant.
Especially since it was only from 1 account (yours). Which now you use to try to generalise at least your own whole region and its average players.

It truly doesn’t matter, glad we agree on that yet for that statement you did went overboard on explaining something mutually “ignored”.

5 stacks are rare, especially against 5 solos, so ignoring 5v5, 5v4, 5v3, 5v2, 5v3+2 matches, focusing on only 5v1x5 matches…
That is… how common?

And just like with your anecdotal “research”, you now base the status quo based on your own opinion. You don’t want to face 5stacks and you assume that thus everybody hates it.

Well I personally like to face them just as much as 5 solos (which btw can show the same lvl of organization at high elos as stacks, tho I admit it happens rarely).

And even if I wouldn’t, I would still rather play against them then not playing [queue times], and I would feel that something is extremly wrong with this community/team game if Teams are punished for forming…

And tbh I just wanted to say with my prev comment that Australia being a small region where the lack of players makes the MM the worst is an overtalked topic that is mentioned everytime even when it’s not about ANZ.

the game is more than one server; it is more than one player experience.

One could also say that people ‘ignored’ all the topics that complain about 5-stacks and then have it revealed that the game in question was not actually 5 solo vs 5-stack.

The issue is more often to be that people just don’t like to lose and expect a ‘fair’ match, but in some cases, they simply don’t know what to do, so they give up and look for something else to blame instead; it is not a ‘fair’ match because they are not putting up the opposition necessary for the game. So the forums/reddit/whatever get topics of people lying about the five stack, neglect that their side had a party (it doesn’t count if that one loses obviously) or don’t even correctly recall what heroes where even matched in a particular game.

The playerbase decrease might not actually be across the whole game, but just a particular mode. QM is rife with a lack of healers and tanks because players willing to heal and tank aren’t as likely to solo queue for that: they may as well be in a party, a draft, or even a custom game. Typical outcry in this regard tends to neglect other options and fixate on one one take, and then assume any and everyone else agrees with them. “NO ONE wants ” it just a statement trying to impose lies over and deviation that might actually be the game and demands more extremes be recited to placate the ignorant.

Functionally, blizz probably could re-instate a solo-only mode, and have it be QM. I wouldn’t be surprised if the same complaints would still get made (“it’s a 5 stack”) because the sort of players that would chose that queue over the others are already setting themselves up for a bad time, and they’ll just look for something else to blame for it.

1 Like

They didn’t ignore it… they made sure that you couldn’t see the enemy team was grouped until game end… so you didn’t know for sure that you were going to lose… until you actually lost.

One way to tell is if another player just previously played against them and checked, or if they have matching portraits.