QM Matchmaking broke

The last 11 games I’ve played I’ve lost 8. The 3 games I did win were exactly what I experience but opposite… long story short it’s rare to ever have fair matchmaking… it’s always one sided whether you’re the winner or the loser… it’s no longer fun like it used to be… it’s straight up, “Who’s turn is it to get punched in the face?” I suggest an improvement on MM.

Here’s an example, and every loss was like this… One match I was Genji. I’m a lvl 83 genji… I know how to build genji according to who I’m fighting, but basically the whole match was… Anub’ stuns me twice, KT whirlwinds me, then Brightwing Polymorphs me, and then I’m dead no matter where I go, how I build etc… and that was basically what happened to everyone on my team all game long… how is that balanced?

1 Like

Game is broken, devs are lazy and blizz doesn’t care about your games.

4 Likes

THERE AIN’T NO PARTY LIKE AN S-CLUB PARTY! WOO!
strong text

1 Like

I stand by my idea that this is why the game is failing. Matchmaking keeps getting worse, and the response from both Blizz and the top players is “Lol QM is supposed to suck, play draft or get out”

Guess what? Most of those folks got out.

2 Likes

I don’t understand, how would you improve QM MMing so it’s somehow a better experience?

Like, if 3 or so friends que up chances are they’re going to stomp. They might be bad and just looking for fun, but odds are they’re gonna stomp the enemy in QM. Or a team of 5 friends looking to womp “noobs” with some incredibly awful-to-play-against-going-in-blind comp?

You get that response because that’s the only reasonable solution, unless you have a better idea? I can’t see one…

I mean lol… You’re literally voluntarily in a game mode where players took a look at the very concepts of: team synergy, drafting/banning strategy including counter-picks, communication/coordination, responsibility and more and decided “Nah, that’s not for me. I prefer QM” and you’re surprised the results are majority lopsided smackdowns?!?

Like with the OP going in as Genji: There’s a pretty decent chance no matter how you build him, the enemy team purely by chance will have a comp making Genji useless. That’s not OP’s fault, that’s just how QM operates.

Also I mean… Just because I’m a great Li-Ming doesn’t mean I should always play her regardless of everything/anything else… And in QM that could mean I become a very real liability to my team if the enemy got lucky with their comp.

AKA, welcome to QM. Don’t bother taking your shoes off, it’s already a mess in here.

2 Likes

Quick match is a chaotic clown fiesta, that’s what you’re signing up for when you play it.

You want better compositions, draft. I’d say if you want better match making play HL, but HL is dead and TL is a complete mess. So you’re pretty much SOL in the mmr department of match making.

dead games do not deserve improvements . QM has always been a problem and will never be fixed . this game had it’s window of opportunity and they missed it completely so now you have to accept it for what it is a beautiful failure

1 Like

I still love the game… and it has improved since I first posted up top, but still room to grow. The idea that you shouldn’t play QM, as an indie game developer is just… stupid. Why have it as an option if it’s not meant to to be not enjoyed… of course they’re trying to make it enjoyable, and some people just will never be satisfied. However I reject the idea that if it’s available in a game (QM) that it shouldn’t be enjoyable, and shouldn’t be played. Sometimes you just want to play who you want to play and not deal with 4 other people telling you who to play, or talk to anyone… you just want to have a… “Quick Match”.
So yeah… anyone who makes a good game doesn’t make options to play it some sucky afterthought.
This game’s just on the back burner… not that important for blizzard, but there’s at least one or two guys with the lights still on working on it :P. I hope they keep finding ways to continue improving it. It’s a good game.

1 Like

So all in all you actually want to see the game die out and shut down so anyone els who actually enjoy it lose a game they love. Go find yourself something better to do lol.

The game deserves all the improvement it can get dead game or not. But you just want to see it fail just so you got something to laugh at cause deep down you are not a real supporter of this game and never was.

1 Like