Punished by design: New ranked system

Per the most recent blog post. Bronze 5 players are required to win ~40 matches in a row to promote to Bronze 4. While you might instinctively think this is a bug, it is not. It is by design of the “new ranking system”. The blizzard team is not inexperienced, nor is it new to developing ranking systems. This is absolutely unacceptable. Blizzard is purposefully punishing a large number of their player base because they are too damn lazy to develop a functional ranking system.

Why am I upset? I’ve spent hundreds of dollars on this game because i thoroughly enjoy the game. The devs have done a terrific job developing it. Yet I’m being forced to either quit entirely, or give up my account in lieu of a new one just to bypass a completely broken and incompetently designed rank system.

BLIZZARD STAFF: PLEASE FIX THIS! YOU ALL CREATED THIS PROBLEM. FIGURE IT OUT AND FIX IT!

1 Like

I don’t understand the new rank system in depth, but I assumed that if you had a higher win/loss ratio you would eventually get promoted. Why does a Bronze need ~40 in a row to be promoted?

this is fun… i got 30% win rate … 25 on 55 … i didnt change my play. i just dont know why i am stuck with people that dont really do nothing as a team. kinda frustrating to get that kind of streak … was master now going to plat and gold

Just stop playing Storm League. There is no point in ranking up; higher ranks don’t have better matches.

this is what im finding and worse the bronze trash are grouping with goldp layers to boost up your better off auto locking qm and not giving a damn

FIX THE GAME! The community literally has stated “if you get stuck in mmr hell create another account” This is not an acceptable solution nor is this what you (the devs) intended. Figure it the F**K out and fix it. If the company is preventing you from fixing the game then find a different job and let the game die.

1 Like