PTR on maintenance/shutdown?

I have been trying to log into the PTR for few days and it always shows me a prompt saying the servers are on maintenance. I am wondering if the really are on maintenance or they are just shutdown until they have something new to add/try in the game.

Does anyonw knows anything about PTR status? How long will remain on maintenance/shutdown?

Thank you

PTR is always shut down when no new content is open to be tested. Also why you want to be on the ptr when there are no new stuff to test ?

13 Likes

I wanted to try few builds and didn’t want to ruin anyone else´s game, and you could say, play against AI, but I do not want to wait 15-20 minutes to reach level 20 to try new build on a proper way. I wanted to try few builds for heroes after last rework few weeks ago.

1 Like

Live servers are already pretty small population to do good testing on.

A PTR in 2021 would be almost completely dead and useless for gathering statistics on new features and heroes, because the sample would only be collected from maybe 100 players at best (very generous guess).

Last time I tried a PTR (was it 2018 or 2019) there were like 30 people testing it and it took very long to find a single game if there wasn’t a number of players divisible by 10 online not in a match (without making a Custom).

PTR’s were always unpopular unless a new hero was playable in advance there.

It also doesn’t help you need a massive 14gb download just to get on the PTR.

3 Likes

But it would take just as long on the PTR.

Just do a custom game.

3 Likes

Just go into Try Mode and set the level to anything you want.

2 Likes

There is a sandbox mode in regular game you can play in.

You can make yourself instant lvl 20 in a second ans a few more options too.

Great if you want to mess around .:+1:

3 Likes

How do I get to sandbox mode? when I try accessing through custom mode I can only play vs AI or pre-pick for tournament

1 Like

its a map specific feature but it will say in the map name “sand box” :+1:

2 Likes