PTR Chromie New Talent – Blessing of the Bronze

Passive: While Chromie is alive, she and all her allies gain 10% Movement Speed and their Basic Abilities recharge 30% faster

does the 30% recharge affect passives like Artanis shield?
does it affect abilities like ice block?

Basic abilities should mean QWE abilities only.

8 Likes

insta ban chromie in ranked matches :rofl:

2 Likes

It’s closer to a 25% decrease in cooldown than 30%, but 25% is actually pretty powerful. In fact, anything 20%+ to the whole team would be stupidly strong.

Not enough data to come to an informed analysis, only conjecture.

If it does end up being a problem they could just make it so you have to be near her to get the bonus instead of it being global.

7 Likes

not enough data?
you don’t need data to know that 10% Movement Speed + Basic Abilities recharge 30% faster are :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

6 Likes

Come now dude. You don’t need data to gauge broken abilities. If you have enough game experience you simply know this is absurd. But if you still think it is fine, try PTR.

4 Likes

You have to remember she gets this two levels early too, which makes it even more absurd.

1 Like

Storm talents are meant to be strong though yeah?

1 Like

At this point, either they are dumb or they plan to use live testing to gauge how global party wide buffs go, in advance of introducing more of these. Kind of like they did with quests and armor.

There is a difference between strong and broken. This is broken. Deal with it.

5 Likes

If you consider this talent “broken” a lot of level 20 talents are severely broken.

1 Like

No. No other talent comes close to this. If you think it does, you either need to l2p or step up from bronze 6.

2 Likes

So its a nano boost for your entire team minus the damage buff, thats fine right? i dont see any problem with an entire team being able to cast their abilities 30% more often at lv 18. That wont create any imbalances with CC abilites, healing abilities or burst mage abilities… its totally fine guys…

Just think.
Uther heals will be 8.4s, if he is Holy shock then 4.2s
KTs Q = 5s instead of 7s
Ming Q = 2s, W=5.5s
Medihv shield untalented will be 6s, Talented with the absorb could be as low as 2s.
KTZ wombo?
Lili Qs…
Remember when diablo just had his cds increased? would be 9s.

Varian smash / taunt? will those be reduced too?

Gotta say if this talent makes it as is… something is very wrong with the dev team. one step forward with currency and ranked leagues. 2 steps backwards in balance.

If anything they need make it to be near chromie rather than globally. Like BW heal range or tyrande true shot range.

5 Likes

No other hero loses their trait at 20.

The compensation needs to be higher for her than it is for other heroes.

4 Likes

At first I was like “ugh another one of these threads” and then I was pleasantly surprised to where it was a legitimate question

Nope, only basic abilities. Basically everything that’s effected by nano is a target for blessing of the bronze.

Allow me to call forth tassadar, a support with potentially INFINITE HEALING WITH ONE BUBBLE MUHAHAHA!

Theoreticals are just that, theoretical. Assuming it will be OP because of it’s nature is silly. People thought that sulfuras smash was going to be the must pick talent when most people actually pick lava wave. People also thought that Planet cracker was the must pick ultimate. So on and so forth, assuming just because it looks good means absolutely nothing until the patch hits, then you can start counterpicking chromie if it’s too much.

A hero that is only picked for that level 20 talent is not enough to compensate being 4v5 all game because of how hard you can counter her.

1 Like
  1. Tass heal output is minimal. It’s the shield that’s needed. It’s not OP at all or maybe you can’t read description?
  2. Sulfuras smash is amazing if you know how. Ppl grab lava for obvious reason
  3. Planet cracker is one of the best ulti
  4. Obviously, you never encountered a good chromie player. Stating 4v5 because you think chromie isn’t viable before 20 is an understatement

I really dont see any balance reason why Chromie should get her talents 2 levels earlier. Screw the lore.

The talent could use small nerf, but as “real” lvl 20 its fine for me (post-small-preemptive-nerf)

Let’s first see it in action. It looks very strong, but if it’s actually broken remains to be seen. It’s not like we have any comparable effect to judge it by.

1 Like

If you’re gonna fisk a paragraph, do it proper.

The joke is that if you have infinite AA damage or a massive cleave, it can be a ridiculous burst heal on someone like xul, butcher, maiev (which is a neat build imo).

So technically since it’s not limited by any sort of number, it can “theoretically” be infinite healing.

That’s the joke.

The point was people thought that smash was going to be the go to talent when rag was coming out, it wasn’t.

When Purification salvo was the winner by a large margin.

People, again, thought that cracker was going to be the must pick talent, again, proven wrong.

Holy carp you completely missed what I typed.

I said, if you are countering chromie with your team, she would not be effective enough and will basically be a 4v5 if the enemy team is picking chromie for that one talent.
The same logic goes for hammer when you pick her purely for BFG (which quite frankly, still wasn’t the main reason you pick her and shouldn’t have been nerfed either).

Personally, I WISH I never encountered a good chromie player, but you’re definitely getting up there on that list.