Probius Needs a New Skin

Since his release, Probius has yet to get a real new skin that isn’t just a recolor. Yes, it can be tricky at first thought to give him a costume as he’s basically a floating ball. But once you think about it, there can be plenty of ideas for him.

1: Legion Watcher. These are the giant eyeball demons in WOW’s Burning Legion. Just give Probius purple skin, tentacles, and replace his lens with one big eye, and you got a watcher. You can replace his pylons and turrets with legion obelisks and devices that he summons with legion portals. As for his voice clips, just some greneric roars and growling should do.

2: Nexus-Style. Just as Fenix got this, there should be little reason for Probius not to get the “Wood/stoney” look too.

3: Flying Bowling Ball. Hey, HOTs is not to be meant taken seriously and has had silly moments and events before. Bowling Ball Probius could summon bowling pin pylons and turrets that shoot more bowling balls.

4: Toy. Probius could easy fit in the “Toys” holiday event as some animated toy ball.

5: Pufferfish. Again, HOTs is free to be silly, so why not? Probius would be a floating pufferfish that summons coral pylons and sunken ship cannons.

I’m just saying the little guy is overdue for his own unique costume, and not just another color change.

4 Likes

I like your list, but a floating eye would be more old gods than burning legion.

1 Like

I was talking about the Beholders; those big tentacled demons from the Burning Legion (like the final boss in the return to Kharzan dungeon). But yeah, I suppose a recolor of said skin could be Old-God themed.

Beholder probius yes please.
All of these ideas are great!

Instead of of the Beholder creatures, I think an Inquisitor’s Eye would work better for the Legion model, since it already matches Probius so well. Also, can we get Fel Cannons for the Photons? His R2 could be a burning portal esq look.

This is an Inquisitor’s Eye: https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/529727-eye-of-inquisition.jpg

As for the water-themed skin, we have a Swabbius pirate skin spray for Probius, and I’d love to see that translated into the game as an actual skin.

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/allstars_gamepedia/images/e/e8/Swabbius_Spray.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/256?cb=20170703205538

1 Like

Yeah, those would work too. And the ones I suggested for Pufferfish skin could easily work for Swabius as well.

For a sports themed event, bowling ball could work or a soccer ball if they’re focusing on that for it. A soccer ball Probius could summon goal-like pylons while the cannons shoot soccer ball blasts. And his warp holes could be lined up like goalie nets.

I love the Legion Watcher, Nexus-Style, Pufferfish ideas. Blizzard can we have these? Pretty please.

omg, yes. I don’t need anything fancy just give him some funny hats, and I am satisfied. Top hat, Santa hat, bowler hat…