Pre-rework Gazlow was better

Only if you like afk pushers.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s why he was interesting… Silly me, loving his shield based play style that empowered heroes.

You’re creating a straw man about someone being pissed about losing to a hero, and I’m saying your argument is like so poorly thought out, especially as it relates heroes being overtuned and popular. It’s like a totally normal reaction to be pissed in that situation lol.

1 Like

It’s weird talking about “losing a hero” while Gazlowe and D.Va aren’t changed much design-wise. It’s not really comparable to the Tass Rework, where I can understand that players like Sadius are mad that their beloved heroes are basically reworked into a new one.

Gazlowe is still the same, just more proactive and not just a passive lategame hero, who just want to push and meme turret the enemys.

D.Va not as much, but Gazlowe is a VERY different hero. The scrap mechanic alone changes how to interact with his abilities. I mean he’s a full on bruiser now, to say he is the same is like ???

Regardless, your hypothetical still makes no sense in this context. Saying someone might be mad at losing to heroes that are too powerful and popular is not the burn you think it is.

I’d say D.Va. Tass wasn’t really that bad, he was just nerfed relative to how his AA-regen shield could, much like Aba, make some heroes like Tracer nigh unmanageable. Without someone to support, he kinda fell, a little. D.Va on the other hand was undertuned with a side of some of the worst talents ever in the game. Sure, she was still fun, and I liked her even back then but her issues were far more obvious than Tass’.

Well, he sure wasn’t for everybody but Tass certainly didn’t suck. His damage wasn’t amazing but I’d say his utility was comparable to Medivh but didn’t require as much team coordination. He had vision, shields, healing, space control and a great escape: a quintessential support hero.

1 Like

Yeah, he has a scap mechanic and not mana, he is tankier and has less damage than before as assassine, but what does it change how he is played? He is still played the same. You still fail to explain how the old Gaz is different compared to the new one.

That wasn’t my intention I just named Tass, because his rework and talents and how he is played is more different. He got new talents with his lazer, blackhole and no more able to shield targets.

It is very BOLD and LOUD statement from someone who didn’t even main him and was interesting in him.

I spent a lot of time maining him and got ton of enjoyment not only because I enjoy Tassadar as a character but because his kit was very univercal and could fill a lot of holes in his team.

Plasma Shield to protect from dmg (Burst or DoT), could be used on everything from big distance with low CD. Very useful.

Psionic Storm didn’t do enough dmg vs heroes but was able to clear waves enough to allow Tassadar to double soak. He was good with heroes what have high hero dmg but low waveclear (Alarak for example).

Dimensional Shift - being immortal and don’t feed was unappreciated part of Tassadar’s kit by people. By staying alive he could use much more shields or soak no stop. Or make enemies use their important abilities on him and make them waste them (and he could end up alive).

Force Wall as ult was much better because it had less delay, longer range and lower CD. Good Force Wall was a play-maker, especially with 20. Now it’s much easier to duck up with that and very hard to catch someone because huge delay and short range.

Old Archon was better for AA Tassadar with slow from attacks. It was worse at 10 than current Archon but busted at 20 because slow allowed him to endlessly slow someone and stack ult duration until 60 seconds.

And baseline Oracle - it was good at preventing ambushes and face-checking bushes, countering invis heroes or finding traps, scouting areas while moving.

And “remove dmg hero from a fight for 4 seconds” button or Nullification - it was one of the best 13 lvl talent in entire Hots.

This is very pointless to call some heroes “not interesting” or “sucked” because you didn’t like his kit.
I could argue what Butcher sucks because he just braindeadly goes in to kill.
Or Ming because she just throws her :poop: 24/7.
Or Murky because he dies 24/7 and doesn’t exist until 16-20 and easy to deal with or counter (or punish him for dying a lot with Bucther (yes I know Butcher can’t charge him and kill until quest completed), Alarak or Ming).
Or Uther because he is just CC bot with armor and huge HP bar.
Or Reghar because he just throws heals, Ws and totems 24/7 and presses Cleanse/AH to save someone while biting the closest targets.
Or TLV because they can’t do much without knowing too much info and good APM and don’t have basic abilities and you must do the most boring thing in entire game - SOAK.

Same. I hecking love supporting. If people didn’t like old Tass, they could play different hero like I do with most of them.
I don’t like Ming so I play KT.
I don’t like DIablo so I play Blaze.
I don’t like WM so I play Kharazim.
And so on.

No people are so sure that every hero must be liked by EVERYONE. Sorry but that’s impossible.

That was his point. Swiss Army Knife. He had a lot of things already, good hero dmg would break him.

And still there were dedicated players like lucifer, who had a positive winrate with D.Va. It’s comparable to Tass and Sadius for me. But nevertheless I like the new reworks personally and only Tass might be weird, because he were in a role, which is totally unrepresented. Sure Gazlowe was the same as melee assassine, but I like him as bruiser more, because the way he was played as melee assassine was different to other it was more like a bruiser to me so I like this rework.

1 Like

Devs could remove Lifesteal to make Tassadar balanced.
Old Plasma Shield was still busted even when u could burst shield down to remove lifeleech.
It had to go from baseline kit and talents. Add something instead: more hp for shield or other buffs. Pre-prework Tassadar had some good talents like giving 50% of shield back after losing it.

About D.Va - most of her talents were fine but the problem was - she had no sustain. That’s why she sucked but now she is good.

1 Like

It’s signaling. That’s all it is.

They just want to drum up popular support instead of actual data or performance. Fact is people are incredibly nostalgic. They’re also incredibly wrong when it comes to nostalgia.

Everyone knows George W Bush the war criminal, yet after Trump came along people had this weird, warped nostalgia of George Bush, who is possibly still a far worse president than Trump.

People really suck at self reflection.

2 Likes

Uhhh, his scrap mechanic is pretty huge. Lowering CD on all your abilities fundamentally changes how you function with your kit. Not to mention no more scraps on buildings. You’re much more limited in terms of how you use turrets. The zone control is severely diminished because of smaller areas, and you just sort of spam abilities, not even really caring all that much about scrap because they disappear pretty quickly anyways. You can take more hits now because of baseline self sustain, that is a pretty big change, which is why he is a bruiser. So, yeah not the same.

What was cool before was you sort of tanked things with your turrets weaving in and out of battle, and collecting scrap, instead of taking things head on because you’re just healing with a small laser. You could be more aggressive if you went RoboGaz, and the repair talent, but it was a choice.

There’s just a lot less thinking with the new Gazlowe, which makes him more accessible, but he definitely plays differently.

From your description I can only read that the new Gazlowe is less risk, less reward than the old one and overall easier to play, but I don’t see much difference. In other words you would like harder to play heroes, who requires more thinking, higher risks and rewards.

There’s an element to that, but the main thing that you keep skirting over is he is literally a bruiser now lol. Which I have no problem with, if there weren’t so many other bruisers already. I’m not even saying the bruiser play style is wrong, but that could have been implemented by adding more choice rather than this rework which took away choice in favor of something that is already pretty readily similar to what is available.

I remember this being suggested numerous times back in the day. Then again, a number of people also argued support didn’t suit the character lore. Devs chose the latter and it wasn’t a bad rework by any means. But can’t help feeling a bit sad because the playstyle no longer exists in HotS.

2 Likes

People who think High Templar are smart enough to only kill people are clueless. I was explaining before how High Templars could support and dmg people and why.

I am also a super edgy edge lord.

Whenever a majority does something I choose the other thing and mock the sheep for their foolishness.

Behold my black leather jacket from the matrix bro.

2 Likes

But shouldn’t he be more equal to our famous ruthless Highlord? On the contrary, if I see a templar I think about paladins like Uther or Yrel. So you have a point that Tass can be a support, because paladins aren’t only crusaders, who avenge for retribution.

1 Like

Politics are a bit touchy subject but I just couldn’t help myself. Becoming POTUS comes with accepting a certain amount of blood on your hands. Even Obama, the media’s golden boy, holds the dubious honor of having the highest kill count of Nobel peace prize winners. Sure, GWB started two whole wars and his legacy was turning one of the USA’s greatest tragedies into a monument to fearmongering, paranoia and surveillance. But he was the familiar type of evil, the kind of corrupt politician we expected and could live with because there were still lines he wouldn’t cross. Trump on other hand had no such limits. He turned GOP into a cult of personality, widened the gap in the nation already divided even further for personal gain and made telling lie after lie in an official position the new normal. He broke all the rules and showed the system’s rotten guts, that there was nothing that would stop him because of the deep distrust between the two parties. Trump’s legacy, and it’s a very dark one, is that of uncertainty, old rules no longer apply, everything is now permitted.

As u told, paladins can be everything. Current Uther can be a healer, bruiser or even tank at some point, what makes him unic.

Yes, but on the contrary human templar / paladins aren’t the same as protoss templar. Protoss are more futuristic and Alarak is a Highlord and isn’t a High Templar someone similar to a Highlord?

The opposite roles to paladins are deathknights (Arthas), but can we compare deathknights and highlords? :stuck_out_tongue: And what is the difference between a Dragoon (Fenix) and a High Templar?