POV after years away

Diablo 4 comes in less than 2 weeks and I wanted to play Diablo, but without the grind. I decided to reinstall this game and give it a spin since I used to enjoy it a lot.

So far it feels good, but it seems like the game’s dead already (rather, in life support) which is sad. I think the game can be rebooted and people will come back, because Blizzard right now is on a good streak with Dragonflight and Diablo 4, it seems like an opportunity to come back to this game, have some event and pull a lot of people in. I bet if D4 had some Heroes of the Storm skins in its top bundle people would have flocked here to try them out even at its current status.

In general, what I want to say is that this game’s still unique. No other game has these mechanics, and having relatable characters you can play as (basically all iconic heroes and villains from some of my favorite franchises).

I think a reboot would work now that Blizzard is starting to get on a streak of good stuff again. After WOW’s BFA and Shadowlands, Diablo 3 and Immortal, and lack of Starcraft 2 successor they were in very bad shame, their image was terrible, but Dragonflight was great and Diablo 4 so far is amazing, so I trust a lot of people would be willing to forgive and forget.

I will be playing HOTS every other day until Diablo 4 releases, and I have to say I’m enjoying some of the changes I see. Namely Sylvanas has had a great update since I last played her, but I also have to say Sonya sucks and Diablo’s Barbarian is one of my favorite archetypes, so there’s a long way to go here I guess.

I for one would appreciate a reboot of this game. I don’t think it’s possible, I don’t expect anyone to read through this, but there it goes.

Cheers.

5 Likes

Sonya’s actually not that bad, imho. Soak and come to fights late, try to pick later in draft in case she’s unwise against multiple stuns.

But yeah, the game is decently balanced…always will be a shame how they failed to support it considering how superior it is to other mobas. D4 will be meh…

2 Likes

It is a shame, for years, I was hoping for a crossover event with the release of Daiblo 4. We still don’t have all the prime evils, and I was hoping to see Lilith released into the Nexus.

Hopes, dashed.

4 Likes

oh my god you again, no they won’t “delete” HotS to “make room” for D4 servers, jesus christ man

1 Like

Interesting. I personally think sonya is great. Her kit is so simple yet works so well. What i like is that spending rage is a choice between more damage (slam) or more survivability (whirlwind).

Going off topic here, but I think this is Destroyer Deathwing’s problem. With melee focused talents, his Incinerate spell becomes both his best source of damage and survivability. In melee without the talents, his Q flame spell can practically be removed from his action bar just like what old school Azmo would do with his laser spell. Couple that with the fact that incinerate is easy to use (big aoe around his body) leaves little room for actual skill. Given how easy it is to get value, the end result is that the melee playstyle is nerfed to the point of uselessness.

Id like Incinerate (w) to became a more survivability centric spell and Molten Flame (Q) in Destroyer form was reworked to be a more melee friendly spell (e.g. faster wind up, wider arc but shorter range). These changes would mean the DW player would need to choose whether to spend energy on more damage or more survivability (like what Sonya does).

1 Like

Where in that quote you used did you come to your conclusion that is what the poster said? In fact, they say they would want to reboot the game, which would imply not deleting servers.

To echo off what others said about Sonya. Coming back and playing a handful of games is not really an indication of how that hero performs generally. Had a player recently say Genji sucked even though they said it was their second game with him. And I saw him constantly diving without saving or using escapes and like COMPLETELY missing his Qs, while claiming his damage sucked.

If you want to look at performance and see if your experience aligns, check heroes profile hero stats.

1 Like

this post is a rehash of a troll who got banned from the forums about a month and half ago

How though? Where do they mention anything about deleting servers? Not to mention, they talk about HOTS positively and the negative aspects of grinding in Diablo.

Seems like you just read the first sentence and made an incorrect assumption.

can’t link the post cause it was deleted lol but this is word for word the original troll post, which devolved into basically “D4 needs HOTS servers, petition blizzard to shut down HOTS for D4’s sake”

[quote=“Salmiak-1869, post:1, topic:60037”]
Maybe Blizzard should pull the plug on this game and just focus on games that people want to play and that can make money for Blizzard?
[/quote]

[quote=“Salmiak-1869, post:1, topic:60037”]
This game is eating up Blizzard’s servers. Please use the HOTS servers so Diablo 4 is less laggy.
[/quote]

pretty sure Salmiak isn’t abbadon.
pretty sure Salmiak’s topic wasn’t deleted
pretty sure Salmaik wasn’t banned.

3 Likes

So they made a positive post about HOTS and then told them it needs to be shut down? That’s some committed trolling to create a story arc. Or are you perhaps confusing different threads and different people.

2 Likes