Post your favorite build(s)!

I have been playing a lot of Anub’arak recently, and while I do adjust my build and talent selections according to the map and comps, I have found one that I really enjoy playing, when the situation allows:

1: Regen Master
4: Bed of Barbs
7: Subterranean Shield
10: Cocoon
13: Acid Drenched Mandibles
16: Epicenter
20: Rewind

I find it to be a nice mix of survivability, damage, and CC. It also synergizes well with a lot of the currently popular heroes.

What are some of your favorite builds, secret talent selections, or just general comfort picks?

4 Likes

I play ‘waveclear’ Butcher in QM. Sounds horribad but when played properly it’s insane.

1. Chop meat (+100% Q dmg to minions/mercs)

2. Cheap shot (+100% Q dmg to targets with Slow/Root/Stun - helps with the abundance of CC there is in the game right now)

3. Victuals (+5% HP with nearby minion deaths)

4. Lamb to the Slaughter (Silence/semi-Root - good for isolating/finishing)

5. Brutal Strike (After using Q, next 3 AA do +15% dmg - good combo after using E)

6. Enraged (+40% Atk Speed, +15 Armor if < 50% hp - good sustain)

7. Nexus Blades (AA does +20% dmg and 20% slow) OR Slaughterhouse (R grabs all enemies in range - for maximum BM if team has lots of AoE)

Early game, it gives you options for stacking meat if there aren’t good gank targets. You can sort of solo lane this way early game. Late game, if the map is favorable to pushing down lanes, quickly clearing the minion wave = +35% HP right there.

I see a lot of Butchers go for E build and just dive recklessly. I like to carefully build up stacks while minimizing deaths (when I’m on point I only die once, maybe twice before 200) and then go ham late game.

3 Likes

I’ve been running a new Zeratul build for some time now ever since I got my behind handed to me in a HL game.

1: Shadow Hunter
4: Psionic Strength
7: Wormhole
10: MotN
13: Mending Strikes
16: Master Warp-Blade
20: Twilight Falls (Nexus Blades is an easier alternative)

This build comes online much sooner than a traditional Zeratul build. Rather than being a VP bot until 16 you’re able to play the game from level 7. Ideally the quest should be done by this time otherwise you might not get much value. You can start playing the game normally by level 10 which is where the build starts to ramp up. Psionic Strength is the crux due to Singularity Spikes high base damage as well as Combo Slash.

By level 16 you have an okayish powerspike and this is because Master Warp-Blade’s damage bonus scales multiplicatively to Combo Slash, meaning you can essentially delete anyone that isn’t a tank/bruiser if you can land the third AA.
The major strengths of the build is Psionic Strength and Combo Slash.

The disadvantages of it is that it’s much worse than Q or W by the time 20 hits due to the lack of meaningful AoE and priority ST is weaker than a Sentenced to Death build.
The advantages of the build is that it comes online much sooner to create plays with and it has much shorter CD’s between hit-and-run tactics (due to not being completely reliant on W for offense) so you can constantly pressure backlines and healers while also running circles around the frontline.

Basically a hybrid AA and E build that favors skirmishes which still keeps ability damage relevant through Psionic Strength.

2 Likes

Heres my build.

E - Rag.

I forgot what the talent names were, but the build surronding E gives good support and also sustatin in shieldz.

The talent at 7 i’d say is the one for the extra damage on the basic attack.

1 Like

Alarak Highlord of the Tal’Darim.

Edit: I have poor coordination and a phone.

6 Likes

You know what? Good post OP.

4 Likes

Here’s my OC donut steel build (modified Lunara poison build)

Natural Perspective - 1
Nature’s Culling (Siphoning Toxin if in QM) - 4
Splintered Spear - 7
Either one - 10
Any talent is good situationally, but mostly Abolish Magic - 13
Accelerated Contamination - 16
Intensifying Toxin - 20

You get poison and you get poison! Everyone gets poison!

With Splintered Spear on Q + Thornwood Vine, you pretty much get infinite Qs, which also give more Splinter shots, that give more Qs. The endless cycle of nature.

1 Like

Auto-attack Diablo:
Feast on Fear - 1
Life Leach - 4
Diabloical Momentum - 7
Lightning Breath - 10
Cruelty - 13
Overpowering Nightmare - 16
Hellstorm - 20

Im not gonna pretend I’m clever enough to think of this build myself; I took this from Pallytime’s current A-Z playthrough. I absolutely love this build and it took Diablo from one of my worst heroes to being one of my best. The talents all feed into each other beautifully. Diabolical Momentum fuels Feast on Fear early on, Cruelty is a huge power spike letting me get a lot more cooldown reduction, healing, and thus uses of my abilities which sustains the buff from cruelty. I’ve had 1 v 2 fights where I was gaining life over the course of the fight. If I do die life leach, feast on fear, diabolical momentum and cruelty let me refuel on souls very quickly to the point where the dinging of the quick sound starts to get a bit annoying. I tried a bunch of more conventional builds before this but none of them clicked for me quite like this one

2 Likes
  1. Fingers of Frost – for regen and the damage bonus
  2. Frost Armor – less for the armor and more for the automatic cool on attackers
  3. Ice Floes
  4. Ring of Frost or Ice Elemental can both work here, but i prefer Ring most of the time
  5. Ice Barrier
  6. Numbing Blast
  7. Ring upgrade or Deep chill

I like this one against mobile teams with either Lucio plus melees or at least a mobile diver (Tracer/Genji/Illidan). Frost armor allows to directly deal bonus damage and the root to freeze them in place.

Deep chill is mostly for Lucio teams so that they become slow like snails. Ice Elementel´s primary use here is to apply the slow via it´s AoE basic attacks, whereas the upgrade is not so much needed as the increased slow.

1 Like

Unkillable Stitches

Hungry for More - 1
Amplified Healing - 4
Savor the Flavor- 7
Gorge- 10
Flea bag- 13
Fishing hook - 16
Hardened shield - 20

Isolation for 1 enemy while being able to get hit by 5 enemies at once is sohow satisfying to me.

3 Likes

Tychus:

Press the advantage
In the rythm
Relentless soldier
Odin
Itr (always save odin to combo with it when more than 100 stacks)
Titan grenade
Sizzlin attacks

2 Likes

AA Mephisto.

1. Anger.
  2. Static Barrier.
  3. Trickery/Ghastly Armor. (depending on the other team)
  4. Durance of Hate.
  5. Shard of Hate.
  6. Static Field.
  7. Unspeakable Horror/Mimic (depends on how slippery they are)

Just gives reset after reset, and especially from 13, your AA’s really start giving some resets that can basically make you able to do something constantly. I have had far more success with that than anything else I’ve tried.

2 Likes

Build, what I use mostly on HL/TL as Tassadar:

1. W quest
  2. Armor/Lifesteal
  3. Bonus range for Q/W
  4. Wall
  5. -75% dmg
  6. Double W
  7. Ult Upgrade

Waveclear, good (but not enough, lol) AoE dmg, safe play on distance, can catch enemies to kill.
Ohhhhh… I like this build so much. Do a lot, don’t die, and get free MVP. Lmao.

1 Like

I can’t forget my favorite Artanis Blender Build:

1: Seasoned Marksman
4: Shield Surge
7: Chrono Surge
10: Either depending on the comp
13: Graviton Vortex
16: Blades of a Templar
20: Typically the ult upgrade or Zealot Charge.

Very murdery, and a lot of fun.

1 Like

Burst dmg Thrall, when I do not have to be the second front.

1 . Echo of the Elements - standard, very well strengthens talents from level 7.
4 . Frostwolf Pack - The quest is a bit demanding, but it gives huge profits.
7 . Follow Through - Very big damage bonus
10 . Sundering - Even more damage and strong CC. The large range allows you to set the TF, knock down the escapee, or break the ability
13 . Situationally, I usually choose Frostwolf’s Grace
16 . Alpha Wolf - This is it. Even the toughest opponents have to watch out for him
20 . Wind Rush - Teleport which launches E - basic ability

An example from my experience.:
If I can try to flank the enemies. I make sure that the enemy is busy and the allies are ready to help me. I start with R and get soft targets. I run up to the nearest and I make a combination W + AA + E + AA + Q + AA (usually enough). Then I use teleportation for the next purpose. I try to block him. I am using the next combination (my E is already working) AA + Q + AA + W (available again) + AA. One dead, the other unable to fight.

1 Like

I find Cho’Ball the most satisfying build in the game
cho:
1: Quest to up w heals
4: consecutive auto attacks deal more damage to heroes
7: lower w cd when auto attacking ignited heroes
10: prefer Hammer of Twilight
13: Hitting things with Gall’s runic blast lowers Cho’s rune bomb cooldown
16: stasis
20: Will of Cho

Gall:
1: Lower shove cooldown
4: Detonate runic blast on heroes to permanently increase it’s damage by 5.
7: hit heroes with Q while they’re burning from Cho’s W Quest.
10: Shadow Bolt Volley
13: your w gets 25% bigger and hits 25% harder each bounce
16: that bigger and harder hitting w now stuns for a bit
(can really take any talent here based on the situation. slows on q for chasing down recalcitrant tanks or silence on e if silences are really useful over stuns.)
20: Will of Gall

1 Like

Missiles build is the most fun build for ming, but doesn’t always work out lol. Same with ambush build and valeera (shoutouts to 300ish isolation damage, real strong!).

One time in aram I was stacked as alarak, doing 2300 damage with E build late game, that was ridiculous.

This build is pretty good on battlefield of eternity but I have been going for it for almost 3 months so far and I had really good success with it. :slightly_smiling_face:

Remind me again aren’t you the one who play 2 heads at the same time?

2 Likes

I think He is that one.

1 Like