Pokémon Unite Complains

Reading some Pokémon Unite YT comments… it has the same complains like every MOBA ever. LoL? HotS? PU? Doesn’t matter!:

• Why new ADC/Assassin/Attacker? We need insert other, less popular Role!
  • New Champ/Hero/Poké ruins the ladder!
  • Ban afks finally!/Afk bans when?
  • MM is bad!

And the likes…
I just hope a bit bigger portion of ppl than before will realise that these are never the reason any game “falls/dies”, because this is complained over and over on all of them.
These complains have understandable sources, maybe even some merit, but they’re (at least atm) are mostly “ppl problems”. Not “real problems”.

Nothing is perfect, everything can be improved. Voice your opinion, your thoughts. Think something is bad or isn’t good enough. But know that these are so common complains that they’re rather empty and kinda on a Meme lvl at this point.

That’s it, enjoy whatever you do! Peace!

14 Likes
  • No platform on PC
6 Likes

Just proves every moba will have decent amount of trolls and afk players no matter what.

I remember my first days in MHW Iceborn. I had people who would join my hunts and then just stand afk in camp until you killed the monster yourself so they could come and get a free carve.

Capture monster quests was a nightmare cause some trolls would join your game and kill the monsters to make you fail the quest. Lucky I later on found out how to fix it by redusing the number of players who can join my session to zero.

And dont get me started on monsters like Fatalis and Alatreon. They are both party stomper monsters which depends on how much monster knowledge you team have and had the right weapons with you.

But ofc some players would join your game with blast weapons when you need elemental weapons to beat the timer before he does the supernova move that team wipe.

4 Likes

God, I wish we had a new hero ruining the ladder…

12 Likes

Those ungreatful folks…

1 Like

To be fair the MM may very well be setup worse than in HotS. Here, it’s affected by population. But in unite, the game will actually match players who have items whith players who have not yet unlocked them.

It’s like HotS would require you to unlock Lvl 20 talents through play time. And players who have them could be matched with those who don’t.

4 Likes

Before I comment with my real answer I am going to do the standard way people reply on this forums :stuck_out_tongue:

They do it to sell heroes

It’s quick matches (10 minutes) matches who cares

It’s the best we are going to have unless we get more people

My Long statement about the difference between HOTS and Unite in relation to your post

I know your trying to be a HOTS shill here (Joking :stuck_out_tongue:) but I understand your point and do agree in general though there are vast improvements that could be making in both.

• I think in HOTS and Unite it doesn’t matter as much about ADC/Assassins but it does feel like they make more assassins in most games I guess because with up to 3/5 roles it should be more for varity.
  • Considering heroes are only tested amongst the developers (who probably aren’t the best with every hero etc) it is understandable. I do think if you had the choice to make your hero OP or UP you’d choose OP in a game where you are trying to sell the new hero. This way people will actually play the hero and you’ll get more money and I guess more data.
    In Pokemon unite you can play as the OP hero on either side so OP heroes don’t really matter unless yoour team doesn’t know/want to play meta.
  • It’s a tough one but it takes like 2 AFKs before people can’t play Ranked in Unite and takes a while to earn it back. I think their system is better but it never forces you to actually play in a leavers queue which seems like huge punishment in this game.
  • Ok the MM in Unite is both worse and better because it searches over a huge range (essentially Bronzes matched with Diamonds) which leads very quick queues which I don’t mind in most match types EXCEPT ranked. While their searching system is worse there I feel like because everyone starts at low ranked and has to work their way up there is no smurfing in the long run I guess (But not sure if it will start again in the end of the season or later seasons as we don’t know if ranks will reset with season 2 [currently halfway in the first season as it’s on season 2 of the battlepass only]) and there is a side system where u get points points for multiple wins in a row, Smurfing IMO leads to unbalanced matchmaking that struggles to get fixed while more and more people smurf.
2 Likes

Or like the good old days, when you needed Hero lvl 15 or something to unlock your 2d heroic option. :smiley:

5 Likes

Something will never change. That’s the curse of the moba genre. :joy:

Yeah this item upgrades annoys me the most, which is why I play it only with my friends, but not really solo.

Good point, because you have scoring in Unite, if it’s “green” you get a bit of gold and be able to play all modes, if it’s red, you’re banned from ranked. Sadly this system won’t work in Hots, because the popularity is still too low.

1 Like

TBF there has been multiple strings of ranged assassin and warcraft hero releases that have been very much not to my liking.
I hate how they have to make several dozen ways of dealing damage while the tank and healing game become incredibly stale.

Wait, are you serious!!!

It’s not just the updgrades, when you start playing, you have no items at all. But the game doesn’t care and will match you against people who have them.

1 Like

The game did lock Talents (and thus the second Heroics) behind Hero lvls.

Must have been something they had in Alpha cause I have no memory of that back in Beta.

Closed or Open Beta? I joined in Closed around Sylvanas’ release and this still existed. You even had to reach lvl 9 just to use the Black Pleb Horse.

I do remember it, and I joined at the end of open Beta, so just before release (probably a month or so before official release).

I think they removed the hero level req for talents before they even added ranked mode, though.
(But you still had level requirements for skin and mount “tints” until 2.0)

No idea really. I only remember I joined after Thrall release. But ofc in that much time you can forget some stuff that was in this game.

EXACTLY!

So dumb they didn’t put this on PC and have no plans to do so. The longevity of the game…literally shot through this decision alone!

dude it s a mobile/ nintendo switch game. most pc players would be greatly advantaged because of better performance

edit: u can still play it on pc with an android emulator like nox or bluestacks

1 Like

Glad I wasn’t playing back then.