- points with 100% gametime afk teammate

It is year 2019, we landed on the moon, we bombed whole city with 1 bomb… YET we lose points while having afk teammate for 100% gametime? Is it really so hard to make somemechanic which can calculate that someone is just disconnected the whole game? How many billions does blizzard have in their stocks, still nothing to fix this? Stop making stupid skins and stupid mini games and focus on the real problems which are sending your moba to the grave. Thanks

Wouldn’t it be nice if they auto banned players who afk rather than those who talk a lot in chat?

3 Likes

I just afked to a Illidan match. So what! he’s killing everybody, who wants to play a game, instead of playing cheap low quality Dota or LoL clones. All those billion should be enough to invest into developing a game, that’s not a obvious clone and I thought that was the goal. I am disappointed to the point, they did a good job at trying to cover it up, without addressing the issues. The risks involved won’t satisfy their investment pockets, so we get this middle ground crap. Are the rights to Moba so important, they can’t creatively sow something else. Blinded by money and popularity, forget development is a long game, not to be avoided. I like lanes and pushing into a battle against another team yes, though that game isn’t always fun. Fun factor in this game, isn’t any different than the other I mentioned, you just have to play out matches, until you find a good one.

Oh in case you didn’t know. This is what I was doing while AFKing in the middle of a match. Illidan desperately needs changes - #31 by CyberSam-11479
I see Moonshadow in there plenty.

Fix this ? Blizzard just send someone to players home and use gun force they don’t afk ?? LOL :rofl:

I recall them saying something about adding this in a future update a while back, so that you wouldn’t lose points. But since it’s Blizzard we are talking about they most likely won’t make it happen.

It depends on the situation, even AFKing can be a slippery slope. What if it’s someone who afks for 30 seconds at the start of a match? There’s also personal emergencies and all that stuff.

The only people I would want banned are people who AFK because of a malicious, or negligent intent to ruin the game.

Emergency happens once, maybe twice within days. If you go afk three times in 6 months, you should be banned. If your life is so enticing, maybe don’t play multiplayer team games.

I think you’re putting an irrational maximum on emergencies.

It’s not that I don’t agree with the premise however, people who AFK the majority of a game are actual problems to the game’s playability. This is opposed to the humorous vendetta against player chat policing.

One of the biggest issues with banning because of AFKing is because this affects players that play the game most, as the chance that they have to AFK increases with time spent. Plus, the act of being AFK is and of itself not a problem. For example, it’s fairly common for people to be AFK for the first 30 seconds of the game, would that qualify them for being AFK banned?

It’s a real problem when someone AFKs out and an AI replaces them, or they purposefully non-participate to troll their teammates, but the solution to this problem is not one as easy as throwing out bans.

Welcome to online games.
If you can’t stand it, may I suggest single player game?

Lets see what is rational then. Because i would agree that a basic 3x in 6 months is indeed excessive. But thats also because i dont think that it should be period based, but number of games based.

But the minimum excessive treshold is 1 out of 10 games. Since if everyone does it once per 10 games. You can in theory already end up with 100% of the games missing a player (luckily doesnt happen, but it would still exceed a 50% rate of spoiled games).

I would say that you should on average end up with at least 9 good games compared to a bad one. This feels like a 1/10 which is still high enough to be anoying, but its probably going to end up lower.
So this means you already need to finish 100 games for 1 game of afking.

If you can play 2 hours a day, you can do 3 games of ranked (the 4th one is a risk due to matchmaking times often going high), sometimes even just 2.
This means you need 50 days to restore 1 penalty.

Suddenly the 3 matches doesnt sound such bad anymore. After all, its ranked, you should be prepared. If you arent sure (for example you are a parent that has to watch their kids), then simply dont play ranked.

Unranked surely can have the same anoyance, but as its unranked, the drill to win is less, i would say a lower penatly is fine. i would say that once per 25 games would already be fair enough.

But seriously, if you go for ranked but face a high risk of distraction, you are already doing something wrong, at that point you are not doing your best to motivate yourself to win. A harsh penalty is just needed to get rid of those unmotivated players.

And for my personal experience with round durations of 1hour (mainly in css, day of defeat, tf2, and some RTS games, dungeons 3), of at least 2000 games i have been able to play, i barely ever had to drop out early, and if i had to, i was prepared anyway. Those accidents where i couldnt plan it can be counted on 2 hands. And thats in 10 years worth of gaming.

The worst thing in a ranked game is an unmotivated player, they are also the most likely people to call the worst possible sentence: “its just a game”. Yes, soccer also is… And in a soccer game you would also get removed from the team if you werent motivated, or at least be put on the bench where you are hoping you can finaly play.

Unmotivated players are 1000x more toxic than those who use bad language. Bad language can be muted, an unmotivated player cant be removed during the game.

1 Like

Not sure if everyone understanded me… I am talking about situation, where some guy just get disconnected for example due to internet problems and then u lose points… I dont want to ban someone, who did nothing wrong… I want ppl who were doing their best to not lose points in situation, where they just cant do anything to win due to some random disconnected… Im just not calling for punishing ppl, Im calling to not punish ppl who did nothing wrong… Some utility that will calculate that player was dced for more than for example 30% gametime and make his teammates not lose points… Is it so hard to implement something like this? I think not…

Understood you perfectly.
It’s been implemented ever since ranked match started. It’s called leaver status.
You can’t play any ranked match with leaver status.
You will not find anyone with leaving 30% of game time in ranked match.
So, may I suggest single player games

no, you dont understand me… i lost 200 points, coz my teammate was disconnected whole game… leaver status can protect further people, but not his teammates which all lose 200 points for a game with him…

And I´m talking about improving our favourite game… if your advice is go play single, my advice is fk of tard…

Your rank points cannot be given back, to prevent abuse. But the situation can be avoided in the first place: ban people with crapy internet.

I am actually suggesting permanent bans from all pvp modes. Not just ranked. It us not fair to scrub the ud or qmm crowd with AFKers. This is a game after all, people want to have fun. AFKers are not funny.

200 points? booohooo
it happens all the time, even in GM matches
it’s called online game for reasons
played a game and there was light out, do I need to cry?
time warner suddenly went down for 2 hrs, do I need to cry?
a :poop: GM player said “oh those people on the other team are my friends” and proceed to trolled, do I need to cry?
so, like I said, may I suggest single player game?

No, you cant fk off tard…

you don’t seem to know how online game works

using current year argument == fail.

didn’t read the rest.