Please remove "compelled fairness"

People like their mobility and drive :s
I like to play alot of healers and immobile mages and deathwing so I know your pain. Just be taller careful with your positioning and when to engage.

yeah, QM can teach terrible habits if you go in with stacks and abuse that advantage. otherwise, you’ll learn what you can and can’t do because you get gasp exposure to diversity/variety. if you thought TLV was bad from QM, then you haven’t been playing QM enough. you get bad habits by either stacking or not playing enough.

as for your bans comment, I’m not sure where you’re getting at. uhhhhh no crap bans alter the drafting process, I don’t recall ever saying otherwise? The banner can ban for whatever reason they choose, which includes bad matchups, overtuned heroes, one tricks, maps, etc. I’m not sure what you’re trying to assert.

1 Like

Yea those are called wannabie banwaggon players who only play what is OP.
You saw the same thing when qhira was bugged. Every 5 stack always had her on the team for free wins. Then the bug got fixed and banwaggon Qhiras vanised like dust.

Its not hard to figure that out when 90% of my games has been with a Falstad who only goes full W build and Gust as ult.

You mean fixed and nerfed.
Also cant wait to see those banwaggon Falstads faces when he gets down to normal lvls again. Then they will all go hide in a cave and wait for the next hero to be overtuned or bugged.

1 Like

Indeed, my bad. Late hour…

1 Like

I actually play a decent amount of valla and guldan so i can get more specific with those ones.
For guldan, drain life build is your friend any time you think your gonna have trouble with mobility.
Before level 4 you just wanna be careful because of its longish cooldown. Once you hit 4 tho, as long as you make sure your topping your health off with low hp minions when ever you can, heroes like tracer and illidan are gonna have a hard time burning you down before your team can help. For tracer specifically, remember that she can recall to stop your drain. As soon as you see her recall you wanna start walking away and wait for drain lifes cd before you start committing to things again. If she uses all her blinks to catch up to you again you may be able to land some decent Qs and Corruptions and just kill her first. This is also a good time to use horrify. At 7 you can really start blowing them up and at 13 you should be fairly safe overall.
If you for what ever reason you don’t wanna take drain life build, consume soul at 4 is really good for surviving dives if you can position somewhat near minions. Many mobility heroes trade damage and sustain for their mobility so consume souls instant 1000 heal can go a long way in getting them to give up the chase.

For valla it not quite as simple. One advantage that valla has over most of the mobility heroes is both her dps and burst are pretty good. If someone jumps on you, be brave and absolutely unload on them and just attempt to nuke them before they nuke you. Hold on to your abilities while you wait for their dive. Some times even in teamfights. Even if your not building for it, your AAs are good enough that you might not need to add in the extra burst from your abilities to preform your assassin role.
Also dont forget that gloom at 13 exists. There are alot of times where 50 spell armor on demand is way better then the other 2 lifesteal options. Especially when your team has a healer.
Against illidan specifically the first thing you wanna do is cry a little bit. After that understand that a good illidan wants to use his mobility to body block you at every opportunity. If you walk past him like this hell get a good 2 or 3 AAs for free. Don’t let him do this. Instead, each time he gets ahead of you, instantly change directions. This works with any hero but valla can vault away and potentially be out of range if illidan next dash.
When illidan hunts your gonna take a ton of damage but a well timed rain of vengeance can stun illidan while he’s stunning you which can give you an extra half second to do stuff afterwards.

If you need help with any other matchups feel free to ask c:

3 Likes

You got the skill of a sidestep king. I love it.

1 Like

Lol I try. Theres just something about all these micro interactions that I just have alot of fun with. :stuck_out_tongue:
Probably one of the reasons why I like playing whitemane so much.

2 Likes

I just removed it. You’re all set.

1 Like

So you noticed too then. Posting speed has become super slow. I usually check once a day and it seems tons of regular people are gone, and there’s like 10-15 replies on all topics in a day.

What gives? Seems to have happened in the last month or so.

Forum was still bustling last year despite little new updates and HotS content.

1 Like

I blame the coooonstant negativity.

1 Like

???

This has nothing to do with my point.

QM literally teaches bad habits regardless of your current state of solo Q or stack.

Lmao, you clearly didn’t read my post, I said, QM has a habit of teaching or getting the assumption over some heroes when it’s the latter.

I didn’t say TLV was garbage, the community did. Don’t put words into my mouth.

QM does not and never will have any sort of similar skill to competitive environment.

you don’t have a point, period. You can learn bad lessons from anything…if you’re an idiot.

regarding TLV and “the community did”? from what? some random reddit post? or some whiny TLV player who couldn’t handle macro? only thing I recall fearing is TLV on a 2 lane map.

LOL whatever that makes happy I suppose :+1:

For someone so focused on 5 stack as the only problem in QM you clearly not seem to aware of QM other flaws.

Obviously yes, you learn bad habits from anywhere, though the amount of bad habits are learned even more in QM because of the QM MMR being a massive nonsense that doesn’t showcase actual skill or performance.

Because QM is disorganized play for a team based game TLV can be and has been assumed as a poor choice or some people become unironically to believe some heroes as broken OP when they are not when played accordingly to how to play the game.

QM has so many flaws to be even compared to draft or to imply equal skill set.

It teaches bad habits of soaking, macro play, face checking bushes, level disadvantages and so much more.

:point_up: and all those above are never highlighted or taught to the general public in way or form, if you are unable to be even aware of this you clearly have no idea why stacks in QM as flaw started in the first place.

Hi, im back. Are we already resorting to name calling again. Thats lame : c

again, just making statements like “for someone so focused on 5 stack as the only problem in QM”. you should be a politician since you love claiming people making statements they didn’t.

This you?

And considering you from other posts, you have a fair share of complaints about 5 stacks.

If you are going to refute the main central point instead of deflecting, be my guest.

how is that equivalent as “5 stacks as the only problem with QM”?

that was describing bad habit development, not what is wrong with QM. there’s other problems beyond stacks plaguing QM.

Then we are both on the agreement here.

QM has many plagued problems to be even remotely considered on par with draft environment.

That’s the whole point. :man_shrugging:

well yeah, it’s a different animal when comparing QM to Draft. I still think there’s lessons to be learned from QM, not saying I’d use QM as the end-all skill expression mode.

1 Like

Just saw this dev post, this is fake as hell.

I can’t believe this hoax is still present after 2 years eh…

3 Likes