Please lock the map pool bug megathread

5 Likes

To add to this, yesterday I’ve received an invitation to

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/heroes/t/bug-chat-invitation/18762/5

This was in the past year run by Zobrek on a regular basis, with heavy focus on bug hunting for each PTR iteration. After the whole December fiasco I stopped getting emails, not sure if because of my suspensions or their reduced human resources. But it seems like they are starting it up again.

It’s a private group/community on US BNet, which is kind of awkward, but not really problematic - for every user outside of the territory, because they need to launch a separate application to access it.

I would not want to share the invite link with the public as they intended for it to be a private invitation, but if anyone else received an e-mail, please join the chat and ask Blizzard employees what they are doing about this specific map problem and why has it not been fixed this long.

I might reconsider joining it when I see the next PTR but not at this time.

Well since the patch I have a changed rotation now in EU - and yaaaay BoE is back -.- still with the same damn bug…

I honestly thought the chance to reach somebody in the US Threads is better compared to the german ones sigh

Hi GriM! Thanks for your measure of discretion. These are targeted invitations crafted by our Heroes QA team, with a healthy amount of review and thought put into each one. That said, you are super welcome and both Fizivix and Hugincord will be glad to have you! That program was something I helped to originally set up, run, and report on, and I’m super glad to hear they continue to look out for Bug savvy players like you to join the ranks. The regional hurdles can indeed, be a pain and it’s feedback our Bnet teams would love to hear additional perspective on. Before, and after you join up, please make sure to give the Bug Chat community rules and guidelines a full and thorough review. Welcome again!

To explain my absence (and why I won’t be able to speak to the current AI/Map issue further), some shuffling was needed on the part of QA, to mirror the refocused efforts of our development team. Since Fizivix and Hugincord are well equipped to handle the Forums (and were just as eager to take over the reins of the Heroes Bug Chat Initiative) I made the decision to accept an offer/move to our World of Warcraft QA team, where I continue to work to find crazy bugs from reporters like yourself. They are a super great crowd of people (WoW QA) and have been eager to pickup all the lessons and good vibes I’ve tried to carry over from both Heroes as a game and from you as fans. As I continue to get up to speed over there, finding my best areas of influence, I hope to provide the same level of support you checked in for so diligently. On that note you can check out our latest PTR (8.2 – “The Rise of Azshara”) now, I had a hand in testing quite a bit of the content there as I learned the ropes and we’d be just as eager to hear your thoughts and catch your bugs via the in-game reporting tools.

Happy Hunting Heroes!
-Zobrek

2 Likes

Hey Sickroom!

We have been keeping that thread open as a running way to gather information on that issue. Unfortunately, while I have nothing to announce at this time, I can say that we are aware of this issue and looking to find a fix that is both comprehensive and safe for all players. Having one big thread is preferable to many small threads as it is easier for us to see just how wide reaching a bug is and it allows us to have a one stop shop of all information about the issue. That said, I’d encourage all players that experience this issue to post on that thread with the following information:

• Were you playing VS AI with AI Teammates or Coop (with other human players)?
  • Are you playing with a group of friends? If so, do you always play with the same people?

This information is crucial for us to investigate a couple of possible root causes we are looking into. I will continue to monitor these forums and gather information about this issue to pass up to our engineers. If there are any changes in the data needed, I will look to update these forums as soon as I know.

4 Likes