Please give a way to report when dropped

i was just recently lagged out/dropped from a game where my team was dominating … i suspect lag/drop hacks were involved and i cannot now report the players who i suspect because i was forced by the game to quit out of the application after my internet connection was restored … given that there is a replay with the players names that is generated automatically, why am i not able to open the replay and go to a report menu? or report through the match history?

You can’t report through replays or through the match history because it could lead to abuse of the report system.

1 Like

but it’s okay to drop hack, ok then

There is no such thing as a drop hack. The BattleNet servers abstract your IP address from other players so they cannot even target your internet connection directly. You are almost certainly trying to report/accuse an innocent player.

If you lost internet connection then either the internet type you are using is not reliable, such as wireless based internet connections, or your ISP is not that good. No “drop hack” is involved.

The reason you had to quit HotS was likely because your ISP gave you a different IP address when your internet connection was restored.

4 Likes

Imagine thinking that ppl just flip up a second pc just to quickly hack your connection so you don’t win in a random moba, abandoned by devs and the majority of its alltime players… :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

The report system is already open to too much abuse as it is, at least IMO.

This whole thread is rather dispiriting. Hots never had a very active, competitive player base outside the HGC. What mindset do you have to be in to think any individual would go to elaborate lengths to somehow hack your personal connection (somehow also circumventing Blizzard’s server security), just to make you disconnect from a match?

OP, you haven’t even said what mode this happened in. I don’t believe anyone would even bother doing this for the joke that is the current ranked ladder, let alone any other game mode.

There are legitimate cheats and hacks in Hots, such as a map hack and “win trading”, but I’m completely sceptical that anyone in 2023 would be hacking your personal connection to make you disconnect from Hots.

2 Likes