Play HOTS on TV?

I’ve been playing HOTS on my Mac (Windows via Bootcamp), but am tired of having to switch back and forth between operating systems.

So I bought a used HP Elitebook 8470p Laptop and played a few games. No lag, no problems at all. It was hard getting used to playing on a 14 inch screen since I’m used to playing on a 21.5 inch screen though.

So my question: If I connect my Elitebook to a TV with an HDMI cord, will I be able to play HOTS with no problems, or will there be issues with lag? Or is it impossible to know until I try? I’m thinking of buying a small used TV around 20-25 inches, but don’t want to buy it if you guys can tell me that there will be lag issues and it will never work.

Any thoughts or experiences with this? Thanks.

I’ve tried it and it’s a pretty bad idea unless your TV is very new and modern with a low response time.

Why? Because input lag will ruin the gaming on most TV’s. For example my TV has an input lag of about 90ms which makes a huge difference in the responsiveness of abilities etc. (about the same as playing on a server that is on a different continent)

There are some expensive new TV’s with an HDMI gaming port specifically for playing PC games with 1ms input time, so it can work, but it completely depends on your TV. An old 20" TV probably wont cut it.

Nooooooooo! That is what I was afraid of. Not what I wanted to hear.

You’ve ruined my morning.

1 Like

Not intended rest assured, I tried to save it. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Ha, thanks for the info though. Good to know.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.