Placement Matches - Ranking

Did my “Placement Matches” with two friends and we won all 3. They got Diamond 3 and I got Gold 2. Are you freaking kidding me? Now in storm league I get people who don´t know that in this game we need to get XP from the lanes and do the camps at the freaking correct time. What is wrong with this game man… Just tell me when you guys will close your servers for this one or at least “try” to improve it.

Mod Edit: Removed inappropriate language.

what rank was each one of you last season?

enjoy your free wins

All seasons:
Rank 4, Plat 5, Plat 3, Plat 1 (S3 2016), Stopped Playing Ranked, Plat 4 (S3 2017), Plat 2 (S1 2018), Stopped Playing Ranked, Plat 4 (S1 2020), Diam 5, “shi.t show begins” GOLD 1 (S3 2020), GOLD 3 (S4 2020), Stopped Playing Ranked, and now the shi.t show again GOLD 2.

I stopped playing this game several times because of that, and years later that again.

“enjoy your free wins” - The potatos are usually on my team.

i suspect at some point they have changed the mmr cap for new/inactive for some time accounts. I’d think it is so because i came back after long inactivity in S3 2020 and got exactly GOLD 1. So i suspect it is indeed a cap.

you played 3 callibrations games wich gives you 600 mmr points. It is not guaranteed to move you up even 1 division. You actually was near the G2 border so you got G2.

what i saw in my games is that potatoes are in both teams. So it was pretty easy walk to Diamond. You might be unluckies man on the planet or just lying to yourself. I see no reason to believe it’s the first one

1 Like

I’m not a native speaker, but i think grind means working hard to achieve something. If your skill is actually higher it’s not grind, it’s easy wins with few losses due to random DC/afk. What seems a bit off is that you dropped from G1 to G3 which is hardly possible for someone who has Diamond+ skill. (no offence, just observations)

just play your 3 callibration games each season so your rank won’t be resetted

people made up conspiracy theories and mold about it every day. They can’t fix something folks made up in their heads. Sure there are a lot of problems to be addressed (smurfs, reports, OP heroes) but they told us the game on life support. So no huge changes to any core subsystem. Either accept it and enjoy last days of hots or play something you enjoy more.

Welcome to the Potatoe Team Random Generator. It was no good with you, it was good with your friends. Enjoy!

You don’t have to worry about people not knowing to get xp now. By the next patch I am sure blizz will have taken XP away and have everyone leveling at the same pace for free. That seems to be the trend anyway.

Placement matches do little to nothing. It will always keep you the rank you left off at on the last season. Which does not explain why they are even there to begin with.

They will not improve matching for some reason. They want smurfing and afking to be the primary focus so here we are.