People who name themselves after a hero

So… There was this pack of gum on my desk… And I kinda just wanted to play video games… And I didn’t really care about my name…?

xD

6 Likes

I use my name for 7-8 years, so I don’t want to change it.

It is very rare for me to see a player named after a hero and live up to the name.

6 Likes

Don’t mock me for changing my account name to match an old worgen druid I had that no longer exists. I still regret using that freebie every day.

I made my name before I really got into any of these games, so I did not have the chance to change it to someone cool. I probably would if I wasn’t lazy.

I named mine this cause Bob the Cat is a character in this story I made up a while ago and used for some other usernames I think. Now everyone thinks I’m some dude named Bob lol.

1 Like

considering all the heroes (aside from orphea) are pre-existing characters, i could also see someone going “they have [character]? i love them! i’m gonna make that my username”

1 Like

I used my player name/nickname when I was creating a character on my first MMO-game (well, it’s not a true MMO, it’s more of CORPG) Guild Wars back in 2007 I believe.
I was thinking and thinking what name I could use… I were looking around in my room and saw an old boardgame, a Swedish company created the boardgame with the name Alga. :joy::joy:

But then after that, I started naming my Guild Wars characters of famous Blizzard heroes or other game-characters, such as “Sylvanas Alga”, or Michelle Chang from Tekken, but “Michelle Alga” instead.

1 Like

The ones I know, knew about their Hero which they use their name of, from their original games. And chose it because they love that character that much.

1 Like

I think everyone has atleast one free name change in your account settings, unless you already used that one up.

I just made this name up when I was trying to think up a name that fit my Human Paladin.
I always named my characters real-esque names that I feel fit whatever the character is.

Ow no I mean a hero in this game. Sorry! Must have written it wrong (or overwatch heroes)
Like murky mains call them selves murky
Or Orphea players Orphea.

Didn’t they allow you to pay a fee to get your name changed?

Yes I used it years ago to get my current name and have regretted it ever since.

Yes, but the first change is free, and thats what he means with “using that freebie”.
(and i should read the next post before replying >.>)

1 Like

I am a real hero, like super hero, so . . .

If I used my real name, it would be naming myself after a hero, even more so.

That’s why I picked my name, so I wouldn’t look like I was a try harding using my own amazing name.

lol! This reminds me a lot of NesTea!
Although I suspect you (and most all of us on the forum) are/were and will probably not be the top HotS player in the world.

Note that I used the “&” symbol to replace the letter “o”.

Because the name is still censored.

To be honest I kinda hate that you can name yourself after a hero given that’s how the game denotes AI-controlled players. Can give you a slight advantage if an aggressor thinks you’re an AI while being confusing to your teammates if you happen to disconnect at some point during the match.

I picked my name because I’m an art hobbyist.

https://imgur.com/a/MbcYP4T

Dumb thing I drew somewhat recently.

2 Likes

i like playing samuro. naming this tag after him means I will always do my best to win with samuro, and acknowledge my failures as my own when I misplay. I am not the perfect player of Samuro, but I will continue to learn and do my best so that I can channel that perfect Samuro play as much as I can.

1 Like

So it’s not because you’re also a jam enthusiast?

1 Like

If this is the Breakfast Club, I chose an Illidan variation because it enabled urban lexicon wordplay, I like him overall as a hero, I’m reasonably competent as him, and the mental imagery of Illidan counting his skrilla poolside amuses me, but he isn’t my favorite.

Yes, the name loosely ties in my interest in eclectic electronic music jamming and sound design experimentation, as well as in raspberry jam. And Lucio’s funnest dumb quote to recite is “Aaawwhh, this is my jam!”, and Samuro is my jam.

1 Like