People botting in VS Ai?

That made me laugh lol.

Warchief Froggy. Not bad name suggesting.

1 Like

A lot of vs. AI games I have played to try out different builds on heroes I haven’t played much of I have seen the same type of bots, and they all have the same type of name (something)Pants. whether it be an adjective or a noun like ‘Shiny’ ‘Ghost’ ‘Battle’, they always have “Pants” at the end. Also they aren’t new players, they’re in the 70’s range if I recall). They usually play the same heroes too and they go down the same lane, ignore enemy heroes and objectives, they auto attack walls until they die and just do it all over again. 12+ deaths per round. There have been a few times where they join as a group too, so when there’s 2 of them dying over and over and we’re behind by 4 levels it’s kinda pointless and nearly impossible to get say 2 point captures (swarm and dragon) so we just have to wait on a loss. I do wish that there was a forfeit option, would make things quicker. I felt bad for the actual new players that have to deal with the bots, you see them as possibly enjoying the game and playing it more, but when they’re stuck with the bots I could definitely see them wanting to move on to another game.

i lost a game cause i was nova, and all i can do is kill ppl… harder to do when you’re behind though, zerg map objective also not helpful when bots got it

Sadly, this is still a recurring problem today, 2 years down the line. You get at least one bot in every other AI game (and that’s being optimistic!).
Just yesterday I had a game with both tank and healer being bots…

Lately, there have been some alternate botting behaviours. Instead of just auto-attacking towers, they sometimes waffle about the map just keeping themselves active. Which at least is not directly feeding. A small mercy

This is especially frustrating when playing healer/support, often leading a painful frustrating drawn out match.

The BARE MINIMUM would be to at least block match ups in future games with accounts reported as botting for the reporting player (even if its just for a month, I’ll take it).

IDEALLY though, they track repeating patterns that may flag it as a bot, and if enough are met, kick/ban automatically.

• is it only using attack-moves?
  • are cursor clicks/movements erratic or repeating?
  • is it only moving by clicking the map?
  • what is the running total idle time?
  • how often have they been reported? (in the match or in total)
  • does it have a pascal case name? (not really a reliable factor, but seems to be a trend)

Yes, there are bad players, but I can accept genuine incompetence. This is another thing entirely.

And yes, this does hurt the game.

• It shows incompetence, or utter indifference, from the company’s behalf for not addressing an issue with a simple solution that is plaguing their players
  • It is a detriment to the overall player experience who instead of having a quick casual AI game, are now forced to choose between quitting the match or carrying xp-farming bots
  • It also risks losing players, in AI games at least, who are tired with putting up with this bs

You bot to level accounts to play with in smurf games, bronze to GM and quickmatch.

Yes, very much still a problem. Lately I’ve been seeing players who literally sit in the spawn point all game. They must either be at the keyboard and tapping a key before the timer runs out – so pathetic! – or otherwise achieving the same thing in other ways, because they are not auto-kicked. They stay for the full duration and win or lose, their stats are all zero.

This has actually driven me increasingly to QM, which is often less toxic and more relaxing than Co-op vs AI! As this may be the case for other players as well, I suppose it could be construed as a silver lining. If I really just don’t want to deal with people, there’s always with-AI vs AI, which can be challenging in a different way.

3 Likes

Friendly reminder: You can exit a vs AI game without any consequence.

Obviously this doesn’t solve the bot problem, but at least you don’t actually have to put up with it, unlike with Quick Match, ARAM, Unranked or Ranked.

1 Like

Versus AI is so easy though… Even 5 elite AI cannot beat solo Deathwing… Being 1 man down usually means very little and the game can be easily won.

The issue starts if they purposely feed the AI as that makes things much more difficult.

No. This only makes the issue worse.

I hate leeches.

2 Likes

Which is why you report them for AFK/non participation.

Leaving the match, as some people suggested above, makes the situation worse for the remaining players since now they are 2 people down and may even report you out of frustration.

That goes without saying, but we should remind new players that they should report and move on.

Leaving AI matches has no consequences from what I understand. So if there is an AFK in an AI match, I have no qualms in leaving the match and whomever else is there, so long as I’m not helping a leech. The other non-griefers should also leave the match too. Of course, this is no big deal leaving an AI match. It’s a much bigger problem for anything higher than AI.

1 Like

The player is then not much better than the leach, creating games that they expect other people to carry. It is far better to remind everyone to report the leach and rush the game to its conclusion.

Due to how versus AI games work it not even affecting the leach’s experience gain. They still earn EXP from losses so the only people being upset by leaving such games are real players who are playing.

I agree with you, Dr. The problem I have encountered with players is the perception that the only report that “works” is for Abusive Chat. When I’ve had players in my games deliberately AFK, Botting, or Intentionally Dying and have asked people to report them for that particular infraction, 99% of the time the reply is “Reporting does nothing in this game, report them for abusive chat!”

Many times the disruptive player hasn’t said anything in chat, so any reports issued will be ignored. The report system is flawed, and this isn’t helped by players who report mostly for abusive chat, rather than for the actual offence being committed.

Considering the old Dev team said “Machine Learning” was being used to detect Abusive Chat, reports for deliberate game griefing such as Botting or Intentionally Dying, should be picked up automatically without a need for players to issue reports.

2 Likes