They added Got and Hanamura and deleted Volskaya and Braxxis? wtf is this

RIP ranked

Also no new patches, i play on the ā€œoldā€ one

4 Likes

Emm what?
They added GoT in ranked???!!!

Time to forget about rankedā€¦

16 Likes

Cā€™mon, donā€™t be so mean with garden and hanamura, they are good maps, boring maps, but good maps.

3 Likes

Hanamura is a lot of fun. Hell, GoT isnā€™t an unfun map either, itā€™s just uninspired.

6 Likes

The only thing that hanamura lacks for me are some regenglobe zones like in braxis, sometimes you can have 30 secs of nothing to do, and going for some globes can help.

1 Like

18 Likes

Tiffin Wrynn, Anduinā€™s mother.

7 Likes

Does not make the map less boring, but itā€™s probably new.

1 Like

But what was the problem with Volskaya? I liked it, i never heard many complaints about it, even the pros liked itā€¦Then why?

3 Likes

Hanamura and GoT into ranked? I guess itā€™s about time to take a break from ranked thenā€¦ :skull_and_crossbones:

3 Likes

Hanamura is decent enough since it was reworked.

But GoT is a mess thats far too snowbally to be considered good, there is just too much to assist the winning side to win even more:

• The objective deals significant damage, its a push that not only disables buildings, but the terrors themselve also can take a lot of punch. If we look at CH, in that map you can put 1 person on a lane, and all he has to do is to take care of minions, waveclear can negate most of the negative effects here. And for Alterac, you generaly need to push with the wave to gain real value, again an undefended lane is mostly going to hold. Try to ignore the terror, and you are going to take significant damage. Which means that the enemy can always just engage a 5man teamfight and gain value out of it. Thats not realy a lot of ā€˜tacticalā€™ value here.
  • Mercinary spam. There are 6 camps, and even though its the same value as CH, the way they are placed makes quickly taking them rather easy. So win a teamfight and you can send a lot of mercs, which again are going to assist a lot at gaining the objective. In CH there are 2 bosses which obviously are going to be taken less often, but due to the map size also allow a team to ā€˜quicklyā€™ take them, which especialy on the losing side can give a lot of value.
    There is always a risk for a counter push here.
  • Small maps benefit the stronger team as they are much more able to keep control on the map. Which on this map gives you a lot of strength, combine this with the earlier points and it just amplifies.

This makes comebacks extremely difficult for the losing side, and thats simply not fun, you are constantly busy with damage control rather than trying to find an opportunity for a comeback. The only opportunity is a teamfight on that aswel, and guess whats the worst thing to do when behind?

The old GoT might have been boring, but it was a very stable map regarding balance. That it was stalemate heavy was the part that made it good. And all they had to do was making the seed gathering less of a chore. And this was the only thing they did good in the rework, but they broke everything else with it by making the objective even stronger than it should be.

If they want to keep this objective, they realy need to remove some mercs or make them spreaded out more to force the team to spread out if they want to gather them all. And maybe just have the reward less strong damage wise?

It happens too often that taking the objective once, causes 3 forts to go down. That tells me there is a balance issues as most of the time its just 1 fort going down (and 2 if the team isnt paying attention, or massively lost the teamfight allowing the enemy to push the keep). And even that can happen on this map causing 4 forts to be downed.

7 Likes

This was always a thing IIRC.

Edited:

9 Likes

She doesnt happen to have a twin brother?

Okay thanks I never noticed! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Sigh
They removed my two favorite maps from ranked. And they added the most hated by me map (GoT).

Why?..

5 Likes

wtf got and hanamura in ranked?
what im gonna play now??
aram?
and changing the least problematic maps
wtf blissard
stop itā€¦ its already deadā€¦ :frowning:

8 Likes

The dev team still havenā€™t figured out how to patch the Asia, Europe and America servers at the same time yet.

1 Like

i am time trapped is this 1998?

1 Like

Arthas, golden hairā€¦ :thinking:

Anyway two of my most hated maps in ranked.
Wellā€¦ what? why?