"Our login system has detected a change in you access pattern"

When I try to log into HoTS I get a message asking me to reset my password even though I’m capable of playing WoW and Overwatch without an issue. My concern is I’ve already changed my password as requested but it still gives me the same message, can I get some help?

this message will show up when it frequently detects what it thinks are considered ‘anamolies’.

• Logging in from different locations. like you live in one IP region (Central US) and then suddenly you log in from another (east US). true you could be traveling but it sees this as an abnormal occurance that someone may have hacked your account. however, that is just an extreme example. the system can even do this with similar area IP addresses because it knows what it expects as a ‘home’ IP. if it doesnt see that it considers it to be a possible attack.
  • Dynamic IP. your IP changes every so often, maybe even daily. this looks a lot like hacking to blizzard when its just your ISP doing normal things.
  • Celluar WIFI. this one is kind of like dynamic IP. it is especially bad though if you are going to like internet cafes, libraries, maybe your workplace has free wifi too… and other areas and utilizing all these different connections for gaming because all of them have different IPs

so aside from legit hacking being done on your account…
if this sounds like you. then there is likely no way to fix things other than letting the system get use to your play style.

you can put in an account support ticket if resetting your password is not going well. they probably can help you get things straightened out as well explain anything else you may want to ask about.

Howdy!

You can also help mitigate this type of issue by adding an Authenticator and SMS protect to the account.

Thank you.