Now that i play lol

If in lol you tell a partner to stop feeding, and he reports you for abusive chat, then he receives 2 sanctions, one for a feeder and another for a false report.

if in hots you tell a partner to stop feeding, and he reports you for abusive chat, then you end up getting banned and the feeder keeps trolling more games.

result:

lol is an accomplished esport and million dollar business, the 2022 tournament final had 100 million viewers and its own theme: Star Walkin by lil naz x

although hots has the best heroes and a better design, it is a complete failure.They throw out the good players. its terrible reporting system added to its bad matchmaking made it garbage, and even according to wikipedia. “it has absurd and unclear rules”
they can look it up.

5 Likes

They all know this very well.

Hots was created for the Chinese-Korean market literally quickly on the knee, on the old unsuitable starcraft 2 engine, in order to make money quickly after they saw the success of Dota 2.

They were smart enough only to transfer the team component of the moba games, and make skins, and ban players, as a result, the project was unofficially closed by 80% 2 years after the release in 2018 when they realized that it didn’t work and they won’t see any money. Fewer people watched the championships than terarria at night :smile:

This is just a crude unfinished arcade game like Vikings, with a bunch of lag bugs even after 8 years and a complete misunderstanding of the moba genre, from support to balance.

It’s impossible to take it seriously, forget it :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I agree with you here

And the real reason why HOTS has seen much better days compared to now is due to a lack of new content, marketing and monetization(this last part was thrown out the window when HOTS 2.0 update came)

Not to mention actual REMOVAL of past good content like Haunted Mines and Heroes Brawl

The report system has very little to do with many players leaving because a lot of the people who do get punished by the system just come back with a vengeance on another account

League of Legends is successful because Riot Games treats their game with the proper care that a competitive game with a huge player-base deserves

Even if their style of doing things is inferior to HOTS

6 Likes

The proposition might be true, but there are many ways to phrase if one is feeding. Ppl often say these in toxic ways, but toxicity is a non-false report, and this is true in LoL as well.

The results are false. The two games’ states are not influenced by their report systems. If I create a moba and it does not have chat bans, it won’t magically compete with LoL.

Personal anecdote: I’m playing since Closed Beta, have 10k+ games, had multiple 8+ match/day sessions and I was never even silenced despite always using chats, and calling out bad players, and getting threats fir reports. It doesn’t matter what you say, but how you say it.

3 Likes

Yeah HotS will go down as one of the biggest misses in the history of gaming. The report feature is so bad it incentivizes toxicity and smurf accounts. This game’s reporting is kinda like the Karens in real life who misuse 911 and almost never face consequences for it, because authorities want it to be done.

2 Likes

Part of the issue of people complaining about things is that they tend to make things up. They tend to make things up because they tend to not know how things ‘work’, and they tend to not know how things work because they don’t look things up.

If people want to make a claim, then it’s on them to demonstrate it rather than pretend the onus is on someone else to verify the information.

yea, the report system has problems, and so does your anecdote. One of those two things is in a position to not be made worse by more neglect. The inference there is that you can do better and actually provide legit citations and quotes instead of convincing yourself of your own duplicity.

You make a claim, post it.

12 Likes

Controversy
Edit
Lack of statistics on the quality of the users’ connection.
Lack of statistics on the number of players on the server (in Wacraft 3 this was possible) and in general there are no statistics on the network.
Sanctions with unclear regulations (June 11, 2018) and arbitrary.[18]
Low participation in the forums in Spanish (3 entries a day in the general forum)
Few people on the servers and very long waiting times (as of June 22, 2018).[19]
The 2019 competitive season was canceled due to low profits for the company[20]
As of 2019, the new content added to the video game was considerably reduced; besides that their players began to drop considerably.
References
external links

Link:

es .m .wikipedia .org
/wiki/Heroes_
of_the_Storm

it’s the honest truth

They just removed a post where a player was intentionally feeding ranked and reporting their teammates for abusive chat.
Just like Bliz, you can’t stand the truth

PD:

I can’t post images or links

just add https: to the link and remove the spaces

2 Likes

Hah!

You totally schooled him

:laughing:

Xenterx ahora debes publicar de tu cuenta alternativa.:stuck_out_tongue:
Me encanta cuando las cuentas alternativas comiensan a conversar entre ellas​:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Xenterx pone la lima en el coco y luego se lo bebe todo

:dizzy_face:

It’s hard to trust these kinda posts when I’ve had my account sense beta and I’ve never been actioned. It’s not like I don’t use chat either.

Also why are we trying to quote the wiki like it’s the gospel like this? Anyone can edit these sites is like the first thing you learn when doing reports.

7 Likes

Next thing you know

They’ll also be quoting Urban Dictionary like it’s fact

2 Likes

False reports in theory are a punishable offence, but I’ve never seen anyone here or on Reddit say they were punished for this infraction. I agree with you that the report system could be improved, but I don’t agree with your reasons or your suggested “improvements.”

Xen has already soundly refuted your arguments, so I’ll just say this. From your username alone, it’s clear you have some understanding of how the report system functions in terms of chat abuse, so take a cue from that and just mute all chat, and then you will never be silenced.

If you want to respond to that suggestion that “But Hots is a competitive game, communication is vital.” Then my suggestion is to try to work on your communications skills, so you don’t get a silence or a ban. Again, I’m not saying the rules governing the chat system are sound or ideal, but many people have never received silences despite playing almost daily since the game launched.

1 Like

Actually, I’m trying very hard to get people to actually care about what is “truth” and what is not. What you posted is missing context, so what you claimed does not hold up.

• Sanctions with unclear (June 11, 2018) and arbitrary regulations.18​

STRENGTHENING SANCTIONS FOR ABUSIVE MESSAGES IN CHAT
In the coming days, we will launch improvements to our abusive chat reporting system. Specifically, we are going to change the way we sanction people who send repeated abusive messages with an increase in the seriousness of the measures taken against their accounts.

The article does not contain the content as suggested by the link. It is a bad source on an underwritten article. Just because something is on “wiki” does not make it the “truth”. Wikipedia’s value is as a collection of links to summarize information: it is only as good as it’s links are valid and the users check the claims posted. Many of the lines in the article – while attempting to sound official – are lacking citations as is, but it’s also not unusual for people to not care about verifying information and checking sources because they think they already have the ‘truth’.

That’s part of why I’ll heckle people about skimping on their due diligence. You don’t care, and just want something to blame. The importance of citing actual sources helps others to tell if people are influenced by errors and to try to correct those instead of leaving the assertion they should be the ones to “look it up”. You’re demanding others do something you aren’t willing to do yourself and double-standards aren’t a way to present “truth”. :clap: :clap: :clap:

5 Likes

I am not suggesting any improvements.

i am criticizing

It could be called a moral, of how intelligent, constant and sensible work could turn a game (lol) with champions “out of nowhere” into the most successful of all mobas.

instead hots who had everything to be the best moba, the heroes of diablo warcraft and starcraft.
I ended up being a resounding failure, due to a lack of judgment and common sense.

xentrex can’t refute anything because they don’t see reality, they see what they want. that is lack of common sense.

When I read their arguments, I imagine a hots staff meeting making bad decisions.

they ruined my favorite game.

the failure of hots is legendary and it’s going to go down in the history books and people who study game design are going to analyze it in college.

This is so despite whoever weighs.

2 Likes

“criticism” posts flaws where something can be improved. What people claim as “criticism” is often just complaints, and they don’t care that there’s a difference. The capacity to complain does not actually indicate a problem, which is part of why it doesn’t actually suggest “improvements”.

What I posted demonstrates flaws of your claims that are incongruent with what you want. Since you don’t actually care about “truth” you aren’t reading what is presenting, assume the content, and declare it has to be “wrong”. If people do not engage with actual communication, then they don’t actually know what is “common” let alone “sense” that is common with the group.

“common sense” does not exist: it is a series of assumptions people make and fault others if they don’t agree with what they didn’t actually state. Congrats, you shared a particular wiki and then acts like that trumps my pointing out the information you claim to exist does not.

What you express as concerns of the reporting system are issues of abuse that can be exploited by people because they aren’t being honest. Part of the issue of players that fixate on particular complaints of the game (and not “improvements”) is they do not make distinctions on the difference between “honest” players and “dishonest” ones. You’ve set up a story to fault with the game, and in maintaining that narrative, you have demonstrated that you, like “average” people do, would rather be dishonest and blame anything else instead.

Posters like yourself, pureblood, and whatever else try to make a bigger stink about the game “failing” then it actually the case. It isn’t a 'legendary" failure, and it’s hardly going to be a blip in history. The present day is already flooded with things failing, billions of dollars ‘lost’ over even bigger failures, and few people bat an eye at it. Cool, maybe you actually are passionate about the game, or maybe you’re just fixated on it because you don’t know how else to spend your time.

Personally, I’d suggest a bit more on the reading end as a “moba” generally involves a lot of esoteric knowledge, so people that aren’t offended by information that doesn’t readily agree with them may end up doing better, and thus enjoy, the game more. Unfortunately, the ‘typical’ player does not actually want to be ‘informed’ and will be resistant to personal change so long as they have something else to blame instead.

Maybe hots might be a case study at some point, but since it lacks concrete things to actually indicate problems with the game, it’d probably be hard to use it as something to study. Especially since the point of ‘failure’ continues to be something that chronic complainers continue to overlook in favor of repeating their sob stories.

The McDonald’s “hot coffee” case makes the rounds because of misinformation, and HotS would make a better fit into that sort of discussion than “game design”.

3 Likes

You guys should go write a book together

:nerd_face:

Truth, the normies just can’t get over it due to their slavish adherence to “authority”

1 Like

True that

I actually saw people legitimately defending the removal of Haunted Mines and other terrible changes like Garden of Terror’s horrendeous rework

Like they were absolutely fine with whatever was being done to HOTS

And now we see the result

1 Like

Man this topic is a shopping spree of peope to ignore.

I picked up a few new items.

3 Likes