Post waiting to be deleted

Closed topic. Waiting for deletion.

4 Likes

What fun is there to pick a hero and always get the best map for that hero all the time. Thats just how qm is.

But if you don like to play maps with objectives then you can just ignore them. You are not forced to play around the objective but it would be stupid not to since objectives ends up getting stronger and stronger the further into endgame you get.

Also what you seek is already in this game. Its called ARAM.

3 Likes

Play ARAM? No objective, no macro, just one lane and constant teamfights.

Otherwise I would also recommend you the map Warhead Junction. The objective there has low impact compared to other maps and it’s a large map compared to Cursed Hollow, which is the one you mentioned.

1 Like

He means 2-3 lane map with no objective. ARAM doesn’t have all heroes and some ults are not available. Plus macro heroes become useless.

Map is huge. You can collect up to 5 (or to 7 nukes with TLV) and literally destroy a lot. Even one nuke still deals enough damage even Mule needs a lot of time to repair everything.
And imagine nuking only top lane and then taking boss to end the game. Or just nuke side lanes to macro dominate enemy team (especially with low PvE).

So no. Suggesting WHJ as “no objective map” is very, very wrong.

7 Likes

It’s bigger than Hanamura or TotSQ, yes. But the tunnelsystem makes this huge map not as huge as it was used to be. Cursed Hollow seems bigger than WHJ, because there are no tunnels or portal like in ToD.

If you get a lot of nukes with TLV then the enemys were sleeping?

I put it in comparison to other objective-oriented maps and compared to them the value of WHJ’s objective is lower, at least in my experience.

What was the point to compare WHJ to other maps when OP clearly said “No Objective map”?

My 4 men made enough space then.

1 Like

Mentioning something that comes close to the goal, if OP don’t want ARAM, which would be my number one choice for OP’s criteria.

Against weaker opponents.

I think OP checked all maps before making this thread to ask devs for possible addition. He has rights to do that.

So you are telling me that my 4 men can make space vs enemy 4 men only if my enemies are weak?

Well played. I can clearly see you are a professional TLV player. Please teach me and my 4 men how to win.

1 Like

We can hope he did that, but we can’t know for sure and based on the general threads on this forum I am not sure about it.

Yes, if you make such general statements I have to do such general statements as well. You might be an professional TLV player, but if your tactic would always work, even against equal opponents, then we can say TLV is broken and needs nerfs. At least you sounds like someone, whos tactic on this map never fails.

I probably wouldn’t mind affixes like this with a chance. No camps, stronger camps, similar options exist.

I think map players would slightly benefit from the change, as the objective is ultimately a forced teamfight, occasionally traded. (Most obviously, Volskaya.)

I’m not sure about the late game effect, there is a point where pushing becomes a little too scary.
And/but it’s also a skill to play around the objective - ensure you get the next level by picking up xp, or showing up in time, …

Basically, I think, mercenaries would become the objectives. On some maps it could become an interesting meta, taking yours whenever up or camping the opponents’ to force a teamfight. Be it bosses or the Hanamura samurai.

Yet, the objective and the forced teamfight is part of the game’s identity and thus meta, choosing heroes fitting the objective (or countering them). Such as, for a while, I find that Sonya and Tassadar are horrible options for Shrines, despite their obvious designs.

It’s part of QM’s concept that you will occasionally fail hopelessly, and sometimes (more often) you have to be ingenious to find a strategy fitting your hero setup.

2 Likes

Of course my 4 men tactic didn’t work all the time, there were enemies who were great enough to cause ton of problems for me.

Besides, collecting so many nukes is pretty rare, but mostly TLV can take at least 1-2 nukes from 3 different objectives (if I face enemies everywhere, idk what my team is doing then).

You can, but only in the mode “CUSTOM GAMES”. :stuck_out_tongue:

other “moba” games still have resource control and and a boss to contest despite not having an ‘objective’.

Since theres only one resource to get in Hots – exp – that’s passively attained an ‘objectiveless’ map would largely be dominated by heroes that don’t need the objective to push: siege and summoners. Objectives bring teams to clash over something in an area that favors different range of attacks, esp by being away from the safety of structures. The objectives then enable a team to push outward in a way that is generally much harder for traditional role distributions, which shifts the dynamics of the maps and offers something to do in the span of time ‘classic mobas’ spend by having free-farming.

Without a need to ‘farm’, the team with the best poke and summons can get early xp leads and pretty much force more heroes to have yet another map they perform ‘generally terrible’ on.

Aram is a mode that already exists that, while not having ‘3 lanes’, already forgoes the objective for closer proximity to brawl. While the idea is that having more lanes means teams could spread out to not have the 5v5 skirmish but… it only takes 1 hero to soak the xp, and without a stronger push-power (offered by objectives) it doesn’t take much to get the xp resource (not fighting over last hits or denies) and there aren’t runes or other ‘objective-like’ timed events that “classic mobas” games use to encourage players to actually move about the map.

So not only is the suggestion not enabling the thing it’s trying to do, but it pretty much forgets that HotS has been trying to break the assumptions of the “moba” genre in favor of being something different.

Without gold, without items, without objectives, you’re left with a pretty bland experience that has too much space to either stand around doing too little (making ‘bad’ heroes feel worse) or the sort that excel on several maps will have just that one more “option” to already do better and drive the experience downward.

May as well just bring back the ‘snowball’ variant of Cursed Hallow as that at least provides a consumable (Gasp objective!) that can be used as for poke/cc or summons. Otherwise, deterring the ‘brawl’ aspects of a proclaimed “Hero Brawler” is kinda missing the forest for the trees. Not that that hasn’t been an issue for HotS as is, but I’d like to think that after seven years or something, people will notice certain changes from one game to another make a pretty hefty difference in a way similar to all outdoor activities involving some sort of spherical object aren’t the same either.

Do people suggest baseball forgo the sicks and mitts in favor of ‘classic ball’ games and demand competitive foursquare? The game is played with a ball, so clearly having the option to use it for non-based play would be a fantastic change :sunglasses:

3 Likes

That would be either ARAM or playing LoL.

You should play draft modes instead.

The game really isn’t built for what you propose.

This, ironically, was exactly why the map was created. To get more 1v1 and 2v2 in a huge map where rotations are not fast. But then the devs went “Wait, we forgot people can’t chose which map they play on” and they realized it was pointless, so they added the teleport to the map.

Laughs in Azmodan and Naz being top tier in that mode.

2 Likes

Sounds pretty much like ARAM.

3 Likes

I like the OP’s suggestion, but it would mean yet another game mode to divide the shrinking playerbase, so like many nice ideas people propose here, in reality it can’t happen.

3 Likes

I think they should just add a map withput an obj for diversity.

1 Like

Welcome back. Waiting you back in the server.

I meant TLV, Samuro for example. Naz and Azmo can be either macro or micro heroes.

Technically Camps/Bosses are an objective as well and even more so when the main map objective gets removed.

In my opinion, the random map is an essential part of QM. You can only choose the hero you want to play in random team comps on a random map. When you queue up for QM you know that there is a gamble involved. QM is not about balanced matches. It’s about getting into a match quick with the hero you want.

Once you figured out how unbalanced QM can be and it’s annoying you, then i believe you are ready to move on to ranked mode.

There you will see what map is going to be played before selecting a hero. Then you can try to pick a hero that works well on this map, well with other heroes from your team and well against heroes from the enemy team. This is how the game is balanced, together with stricter matchmaking rules makes ranked mode the best mode in my opinion. Just because it says “ranked” does not mean it’s meant for competitive tryhards because there is a place for everyone on the ladder, it goes from B5 to GM. Don’t be afraid.

What makes you think that this is the map where all heroes are balanced? I just think that this will not be a solution to the problem of playing a hero and rolling a bad map. The solution is ranked draft.