No Fullscreen on Second Monitor

Hey <3

Like i said. The game doesn’t want to be played on my second monitor if i set the video-settings to fullscreen.
I can drag the game to the second monitor, if i set the display-mode to “windowed”, but it switches right back to my primary monitor after i go to fullscreen.

I stopped playing HotS 2 Months ago and after i started it today it was set to a weird resolution. (2715x1527) Both my monitors are FullHD (1920x1080).
I patched the game today. There was only a small patch and an small update after i clicked on “Play”.

Did someone have the same problems?

1 Like

Hey TazDingo,

Try resetting the game settings via the Battle.net app and see if that helps.

If it’s still happening can you post your DXDIAG?

1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. In the Run window type dxdiag and press Enter.
  3. In the DirectX window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file “dxdiag” and save it to your Desktop. Open the new dxdiag file with Notepad.
  5. In the posting section hit the </> button for “Preformatted text” then paste (Ctrl+V) the DXDIAG contents. That’ll make the information much more readable.

If you are unable to post this due to the length of the DXDIAG, please feel free to use pastebin.com and share the direct link with us instead. Use the </> button as well in order to share the link.

Thank you for your fast reply @Jambrix !
I reseted the settings but it didnt solve the issue.

Here is my uploaded DXDIAG: https://pastebin.com/dTzZs3Vb
I hope you can help me <3

Hey again,

The Dxdiag looks good. I don’t really see anything standing out in there that would be causing issues running the game on the second monitor. This could be more of a Windows or driver issue to be honest.

You could try using Windowed (Fullscreen) on the second monitor to see if that works.

Also about the weird resolution, if you use Geforce Experience maybe it’s optimizing the game at applying a higher resolution? Couldn’t tell based on the Dxdiag bug that’d be by guess.

I uninstalled and then installed my video-drivers and now i can play without the Taskbar in front of the game if i use Windowed (Fullscreen).
I also made a new profile in the GeForce Expierience application for HotS.
It may be not the best option, but i can work with that.

Thank you for your patience and support. I’ll be fine from now on :slight_smile: <3

I’m having the same exact issue and I can’t find a solution.

1 Like

Yes, same issue. I can do windowed on my secondary monitor but it goes back to primary if I choose full screen.

3 Likes

Still same issue. If I move window to other monitor, and hit fullscreen, the resolution option are for the first monitor. So please assist.