Next hero coming

It’s got to be a Diablo hero in my opinion. It makes sense from a marketing perspective right? With the new games coming out. Maybe Baal?

When Diablo II Resurrected comes out it would make the most sense to push out Baal.

3 Likes
  • Baal for D2R

• Lilith for D4

• Skarn for DI

4 Likes

D2 Resurrected is coming “this year”, but they don’t have a concrete release date yet, and they said they’re doing two rounds of alpha testing, so many people (myself included) expect it to release near the end of the year (for the “christmass holyday window”, when games generally sell better).

So, I’m chosing to hold out to hope that we’ll get another hero in spring or summer (preferably a Starcraft hero, since we haven’t gotten a new one from SC since Fenix, three years ago).
And then, Baal finally joins the Nexus in the winter.

3 Likes

Doomfist :mechanical_arm: mechanical_arm:

Don’t quite care about Resurrected, especially after Reforged (I know, different games, teams… still I’m sceptical and cynical) but I’m all for Baal as a new release, either along that, or for the 20th anniversary of LoD.

2 Likes

I would like to see THE LORD OF DESTRUCTION, POSSRSSOR OF TAL RASHA, CORRUPTOR OF THE WORLDSTONE, MURDER OF MARIUS, CONQUEROR OF SESHERON, TRIUNE SPIRIT OF CREATION, FINAL BOSS OF DIABLO 2, AND THE ONLY PRIME EVIL NOT CURRENTLY IN THE NEXUS, BAAL added to HOTS!

1 Like

F baal, diablo characters in hots are the worst, Blizzard pls, give me Doomfist, hots is getting too much random heroes no one cares about like hogger. I am scared that next hero will be npc trador from diablo 3 tutorial…

Forget Baal, I am waiting for Cydaea.

I can sense about Diablo & Overwatch that I can watch anything, in place of either Doomfist or Pharah the fans had recommended to Winston, Mercy, & McCree that found from Mei quotes, for me I want Mercy into the Nexus!

1 Like

Even though Baal is still my priority, I wouldn’t mind a Starcraft hero, as it’s been a while since the last.

1 Like

I’d be surprised if they add a SC, but not shocked or anything like that.

The last StarCraft hero to added in the game is Fenix (dates to StarCraft 20th Anniversary), even though Mercy of Overwatch is my priority, I had not find StarCraft hero because fanclub want Mengsk before Stukov is confirmed.

Warcraft heroes in the game is too much to added recently we have Deathwing & Hogger but some of these are datamined (like Grom & Kil’jaeden) and in Diablo case had wants to added expected Baal, Belial, & few others.

Update: since I had didn’t changes avatar yet I would stay with Nova avatar until the PTR is came out there.

In portrait case I held Cassia Emblem since Level 400 as currently I held Ana Emblem to match with actual look.

The only Heroes not added that were explicitly shown as either original Heroes or in the files are Warfield and Mekkatorque tmk, which both can make great Heroes.
For Diablo, it seems obvious to add at least another Evil as a Hero or the next one anyway.
Warcraft, I remember Grommash was hugely “voted” next to Deathwing right before one of them came out.
Starcraft, I have some personals with only playing the second that I could see added like Karax, another Primal or something Dominion like Mengsk(either) or Warfield.

Here’s my view for each franchise:

1: Diablo. This is probably the most likely due to the fact we’re getting three Diablo games coming soon (Resurrected, Immortal, and D4). My money is on either Baal, Lilith, or one of the D4 heroes like the Druid or the Rogue (in that case, I’d perfer a male Druid since we need more male Naphalem).

2: Overwatch: This will likely happen again soon, more so when OW2 is closer to release. I think what we need is an evil OW hero now, since we have 5 heroes, 1 neutral, and 1 anarchy. I think we’re due for a Talon one like Reaper, Sombra, or Doomfist.

3: Starcraft. We haven’t had a new SC hero in a while, and there’s still plenty we can use. There’s Gabriel Tosh and the Zerg Hybrid for example.

4: WOW. Probably not the next one since we just got Hogger. There’s lots of heroes who will likely come in the future, like Gelbin and Lady Vashjr (who both had data in the game already).

5: Classic Arcade. This is just a hopeful one, but the HOTs team has expressed interest in bringing their old school game characters in HOTs too like they did the Vikings (Like Blackthorne and a Rock and Roll Racer hero).

2 Likes

I agree almost 100% with what you said, but I do differ in a couple of points:

I expect Resurrected to come out closer to the end of the year (they’re still gonna do two reounds of alpha testing, and presumably beta tests too, before release, so I’m almost doubtful that it will really come out this year)
I’m also stubbornly holding on to hope that we’re not down to one hero per year just yet, so I’m hoping/expecting that the Diablo hero is the next after next one.

I would add that an Omnic hero would be nice. Omnics are a pretty big deal in OW lore, but we still only have “boring” ol’ humans from that universe in HotS.

Agreed. I want a Hybrid. Overmind would be really cool too, if they can pull it off (but I doubt it would be next up, since it wasn’t mentioned in that recent-ish interview where a dev talked briefly about a few heroes who were on the development pipeline, namely Mengsk, Reinhardt, and I forgot who else).

Vashj, Mannoroth, and a Shadow Hunter are my most wanted (you know, to complete the W3 hero units… Minus Goblin Alchemist, 'cause I don’t know of any lore-relevant ones).
But as you said, there are lots of characters to bring up from Blizzard’s biggest universe.

Yes, please!
Blackthorne has been my most wanted hero since I joined the game, and I would also be very happy to see a RnR Racer, or even Tomator or Fang and Scorch from TLV.

Ha, you’re funny. I’ve lost count of the opportunities Blizz has passed on. Anniversaries, reworked games, DLC, major patches, etc

1 Like

Another thing to consider is they may give us another original Nexus hero in the future like Orphea. Since we already have a ranged and a melee assassin, we should probably get a bruiser, tank, or a heals/support.

1 Like

With that, there could be the Dragon Knight/Chick’s kids, which I think both died, Raven Lord family, Grave Keeper stuff and relating to the Egyptian maps.

I just want Duran finally.
Yes Baal would be awesome too.

1 Like