Next Hero after Orphea?

They just made their first Nexus original hero (I love her already) so they’ll want to throw another franchise something. So Blackthorne is out.

WoW’s gotten 3 heroes out of the last 5, so that’s out too. Probably.

Diablo’s gotten 2 out of the last six, and since Immortal doesn’t seem to be adding new classes it still has the “incredibly finite number of HotS worthy characters” problem, so they’ll probably lay off it for a while. If nothing else so they can save Skarn for the actual launch of the game.

I’m thinking either an overwatch hero (Mae is long overdue) or Starcraft (Talandar or Gabriel Tosh are also overdue)

7 Likes

Happy to see I’m not the only person happy to see the HotS Original Hero.

The characters I’m thinking they’re bound to add are probably, yeah, Mei/Reinhardt, Talandar/Tosh, but there’s always Imperius. Deathwing’s a little less likely, but I wouldn’t put it past them. Anduin’s a possibility, but probably not compared to the rest of the options.

As for updating the title, Macaulyn, it should be a pencil near the title at the top of the page, if I remember.

5 Likes

They just made their first Nexus original hero (I love her already) so they’ll want to throw another franchise something. So Blackthorne is out.

What kind of logic is that? There is nothing at all that indicates that a Retro hero would be out of question, at least its not different than before, Orphea changed nothing.

Blackthorne doesn’t really have a fanbase outside of people who want him on principal. If they want to keep their image as a celebration of Blizzard as a whole, it’s best they use a character from a franchise with an active fanbase.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to have Blackthorne, but I don’t see them adding someone without the huge fan bases their other games have at the same time they add a character who isn’t from any existing game.

2 Likes

I know there wont be any WoW heroes sadly. But regardless of which game, a Multiclass needs to happen. A nexus one can be form Luxoria, caught in the conversion to the nexus and was curse with an ever-changing form and wanders the nexus, no home to go to.

1 Like

What a letdown. Kudos to the hero no one wants.

4 Likes

A LOT of people wanted her back when she was found in the game files. Crawl back to your insignificance.

11 Likes

I repeat: kudos to the hero no one wants.

1 Like

Would love to see bastion in hots

3 Likes

I’m thinking Overwatch. Would be pretty happy if it’s Starcraft.

1 Like

It’s probably pointless to hope for Imperius or Grom now… Well they probably don’t care about Diablo franchise anymore (Diablo immortal LMAO).

I don’t like Orphea cause she seems to have to many abilities baseline (Q spell reduced cooldown + teleport, E spell that deal damage then create an AoE that slows and deal damage).

She doesn’t need any talents to do that so I hope she’ll have almost no health or mana to compensate…

1 Like

I am still here, waiting for this: https: // imgur. com/gallery/61E7296

I think Imperius will come in December. Or January.

How do you post functional links??

You have to get to trust level 3. I believe it’s too early for anyone to have achieved that level yet. Apparently it follows the same rules as discord(what I’ve heard at least)

Though I think you can post stuff from blizz website and youtube on any level.

This, though I’d prefer Grom over SC tbh.

2 Likes

Orphea didn’t have a fanbase either, and Blackthorne is one of the more requested heroes un every ‘next hero after…’ theme. Let’s hope for him in 2019.

7 Likes

In Blizzcon they use to present two heroes, so next hero is maybe the Raven Lord.
I would like Mannoroth, but It wouldn’t be fair for OW fans. From that universe i would like Reinhardt, Reaper or Winston.

1 Like

Who cares about the Raven Lord? I’d rather have an angel fight a blue dragon than a pathetic child.

5 Likes

Omg dude, we’ve heard you loud and clear. You want Imperius and a blue dragon. Now please stop spamming the forums.

4 Likes

Grrrrrr… Fine then. I will… for now.

Open your eyes, theirs millions of people who absolutely love this new hero.

5 Likes

Baal or Imperius would be nice, so as to complete the appropriate set of heroes.

3 Likes