Next Hero After Deathwing?

I keep hoping for an OW hero as it’s quite some time since the last one and they have interesting mechanism, but… Well, let’s keep hoping.^^’

My biggest hope from Overwatch is Zenyatta.

It’ll probably be a warcraft hero.
Starcraft? Overwatch? What are those? :thinking:

On another note, if you look at the releases we’ve had, we’re due for a tank next. Since Deckard, we’ve had:
-3 healers
-1 tank
-3 bruisers
-1 melee assassin
-2 ranged assassins

Could we be getting Cairne next? :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Do you want a mecha that can control zerg? If yes, time to get Alan Schezar!

I hope we can get Rohana from Starcraft. But since Tassadar won´t be support anymore, and they made some changes to invis, I´m expecting Tosh or Vorazun as Starcraft heroes.
For Diablo, I think Baal, for WoW Grom, for OW Winston

1 Like

Starcraft hero, Egon Stetmann. Remember this name.

Oh my friends.
I saying to you that next hero from hots is a tank from overwatch espeacially^REINHARDT^.
Just wait for it.

1 Like

I would love to have either Reinhardt and Winston. :smile:

3 Likes

How would Stettman even play? His hero unit in Wings of Liberty it just a souped up medic (Which we already have from Morales), and in Co-op his hero unit is Garry rather than himself.

We dont should do reinhardt in nexus like as overwatch carefully.we can do some change on it.
Something is more important that hots dont have tank form overwatch universe.

When i think about it, next hero is most likely going to be one that can easily convert there base kit from another game similar to how Zarya and Hanzo did, reason im saying this is when you combine Maintenance Mode with how much Deathwing had put into him and he still didn’t even get a bonus skin means there next one will have to be an easy one while sneaking work onto a larger one.

That will be the worst direction ever, and it looks like it is silently supported by the lore obsessed part of the community. We need to leave developers to expose their creativity, and make ability kits that are fun for this game, instead to arguing every time when something is different from the original game.

Oh im not denying any of that myself but given theres not many working on the game compared to how it use to be means gotta accept some minors and majors xP plus sometimes a conversion isn’t all that bad i wrote a SC2 Reaper that was a pretty easy conversion based on them in SC2.

Since when can’t lore relevant or highly requested heroes have a unique and interesting kit?
If Deathwing doesn’t convince you, then look at Kel’thuzad, Lost Vikings, and Abathur. These characters are both insanely fun and inventive, and they are instantly recognizable characters from their respective franchises. In fact, trying to tailor the kits to fit the character’s lore and personality is exactly what made them unique.

I am not saying that all designs need to be Lore -> kit and gameplay mechanics. However, it seems clear that hotly requested heroes are much more well received than “nexus originals” which helps the game. Ideally we would get interesting abilities with an interesting lore character.

I think deathwing not getting a bonus skin was a combination of the next event rolling around very soon plus that DW’s model probably makes it more costly in terms of time to make.

Of course, deathwing was obviously a big hero, but that doesn’t mean we’re rotating between an easy to make hero and a tough to make one. DW is the exception, not the norm.

Who’s arguing when something is different from the original game? Aside from Garrosh, who I understand because Garrosh fans are psychotic, I don’t think I’ve ever seen hugh backlash when a character’s kit isn’t identical point-for-point to the original.

I really love to see Voljin or Cairne blood hoof and Archimonde in HOTS

3 Likes

Eh, I’d rather have Baine. Baine has recency bias, and HotS would do wonders for his characterization, which WoW has thrown on the back burner since he took over.

Cairne was the first Tauren we ever met. He was one of the most important Tauren ever.

5 Likes

Cairne is the baseline for our understanding of Tauren, which means almost any other tauren is more interesting in him, because Cairne’s characterization is to show us what a Tauren is like, while every other Tauren’s characterization is to show us how they’re different from Cairne.

1 Like