Next Hero after Anduin

Any thoughts? It’s been a while since we’ve had an Overwatch character added, and I’d be fairly interested in Reinhardt and his Catchphrase getting in.

6 Likes

I agree we need an overwatch hero since its been awhile but as much as i would like Reinhardt, we need more “support” heros i was thinking symmetra cause i feel like her abilities would fit the class criteria. Global teleport from well would be pretty badass too as an ultimate.

1 Like

i think next nero after Anduin - Arcturus Mengck .

2 Likes

Was he the evil one who let Kerrigan be turned into a zerg, or his kid who helped Raynor and Kerrigan overthrow the empire?

who let Kerrigan be turned into a zerg .

I’d rather a blue dragon or even Turalyon or Liadrin than an overwatch hero. Eight Overwatch heroes is enough.

4 Likes

she got turned into one because some imbecile tricked her.

We can wait another 3 months for a new hero people …

1 Like

Doesn’t mean people shouldn’t develop hype or creating topics of what could be the next one.

7 Likes

At the Design AMA when asked if the 3 month wait would be the norm Kaeo Miker said that the next new hero is coming along great and is only a few releases away, and is only a few releases away, so please bear with them and keep letting them know how things are feeling along the way.
Keep in mind that when taking about the (correct) theory about Anduin being the hero after Imperius, Kaeo said that there would be a few more releases before they see the light of day.
With that I think the next hero will be either a Warcraft or Diablo Bear Druid.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think the 3 months was coinciding with, well, the hero role redesign, but also with internal re-organization thanks to being robbed of dev team members (probably sent to Diablo 4’s team, if I had to guess). So they were sorting out how to do things with the smaller team, as well as finishing stuff that had been started with a larger team.

I think now that the dust has settled from all that, they’ll be back to more frequent hero releases. Not as frequent as before, but not as long as between Imperius and Anduin.

I know MattVi(the former lead hero designer) was sent to the WoW team. He made a tweet about it. Some more probably went there too.

Yeah, that’s my guess. I think best case scenario will be 2 months between each release.

LOL, that would be cool.

It would probably be Broll Bearmantle, 'cause they kind of hinted he was in development way back when they released Varian (something about releasing him and Valeera to “get the gang back together in the Nexus” with Rehgar and Varian… Maybe I’ll look it up later).

Though personally I would prefer the D2 Druid over a Warcraft one, he just seems cooler, for some reason (and has a more unique look IMO).

2 Likes

I also would like the D2 Druid since he was my sceond most played class in D2(the first being Necromancer).

1 Like

We can wait, but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t have fun speculating.

4 Likes

I’m hoping the next Hero is from Starcraft. While I doubt it’ll be Protoss; I REALLY want Karax to come soon. If not him; then Vorazun!

However, I’m going to guess it’ll be Zerg. If it is; I’m hoping for Izsha.

If it’s Terran; I hope it’ll be Tosh.

4 Likes

it was revenge for the father - Angus Mengsk

How would Izsha even work? She’s glued to the ceiling of her leviathan.

2 Likes

You take a small bit of creative liberty and make her connection mechanic more diverse, and then make her a macro character.

My take on her: [HC] Izsha, Advisor of the Swarm - #4 by Bliztron-1378

2 Likes

In SC2, Stetmann was added, so maybe in HOTS one day he will become a hero. Stetmann or Gary