New QM Doesn't Work... Give us the Match You would have given us without the wait

Things you should know:

1. Pro players don’t go into quick match… they play in scrims against each other. Or they play in hero league.
  2. Even if they did play in QM they have no expectation or even the need to have Blizzard play head drafter for them. They play whatever to get the feel and practice for a hero.
  3. And lastly the majority of comps you think are unplayable and “unfair” are totally playable and even fun for them.
2 Likes

Im not sure what argument are you trying to make here?
Pro teams DRAFT.
They dont afk pick a random heroes following the at least 1 tank, 1 support formula. They pick specific heroes in specific roles according to maps, their team comp and enemy team comp.
They also play at a similar level.

People like you refuse to understand that just having a random tank and a random support doesnt do anything significant for your team. Because:

1. Not all supports and tanks are equal
  2. They work for different comps and against different comps.
    Example: Malf will be bot level useless against burst blow up a target comps, cause his heals will be meaningless.

Your match also isnt a pro match if you have diamonds and low silvers (even worse actual newbie players that are still learning the game) playing in the same game and comps become meaningless.

this is why if you want balanced team comps and actual team comps you need to play draft modes (unranked or ranked) instead of expecting the random matchmaker to draft a balanced comp for you.

5 Likes

I’ve been playing the game like mad but tonight tears it for me. I was in a queue for a QUICK MATCH that took 800 seconds to pop and our comp was two healers and a murky VS. not that.

I loved this game and QM was what I primarily played, I might play draft once in a while but I’m done playing it feverishly like I was.

Quick match mean you get a game going quick, not 13-15 minutes, that’s just outright fraud.

3 Likes

Don’t think you get it at all. QM is not an improvement its worse than before.
Everyone should get to have fun in QM not just low imagination/low IQ players like yourself.

If you have a problem with wild comps it is you who should go to unranked/ranked. Thats what its there for.

I should be able to practice whatever hero I want (NOT A FORCED DRAFT in QM QUE) whenever I want without waiting 30 minutes for a quick match. Not to mention I should be playing with and against my peers… (QM was never good at this ) but to go from bad to worse with these changes is laughable at this point. What some players even more skilled than I am at the moment have to go though is outright criminal.

P. S. You are on ignore at this point. You don’t have anything to add to this discussion other than you’re bad and you are willing to wait 15-30 minutes for a carry in QM.

P. S. S. Oh and thanks for the bump TROLL boy :wink:

2 Likes

What is even more galling is waiting almost 8 minutes and getting Abathur, Nova, Cain, Chromie and Junkrat against a 4man group nearly 1000 levels above us.

You said team didn’t need to have tanks and supports. Whether pro players play QM or not is irrelevant.

3 Likes

We are talking about Quick Match in case you didn’t know. So yes its totally relevant.

Daw did he get mad and salty at the truth?

draft is there to draft.

QM is there to pick a hero and let it do the rest.

I have queued 2 back to back assassins just now and it was no longer than 5 min on each.

WOW FIVE WHOLE MINUTES MY LIFE IS RUINED

Why are you such a baby you have to exaggerate so badly just because you arent getting your way? Grow up and be a man.

oh look I just queued KT and it was exactly 2 minutes and 15 seconds.

Are you in leavers queue or something, or are you really just exaggerating?

The only people Blizzard listens to are all patting each other on the back on Reddit right now. Every time they ruin this game more they celebrate. It’s amazing to watch a train wreck in motion.

2 Likes

Give us 2 options “game with healers” and “game without healers”.
Since is totally different game, and require different skill than just “focusing bad healer player”.

When it rains its too wet, when its sunny its too hot, when its winter its too cold.

Thats why weather stopped trying to please humanity as a whole and created tornadoes.

3 Likes

There are both good arguments and reasons for and against the new QM MM rules. There must already be problems as players below level 100 are reporting they are instantly put into an “expanded search” after waiting 20 seconds. Then they are matched with veteran players, or with teams where one side lacks heals or tanks.

Personally I like these new rules, but they will be of little use if people quit due to excessively high queue times and we have nobody left to play with but the loony AI.

Some kind of happy medium should be worked out, it’s not like this game is in a position to lose what remains of the player base.

1 Like

There is no happy medium for this. They either force a draft as they are doing right now in QM… OR they go back to what they had before which many of us were happy with. The sad thing is you have these loud mouths who won’t shut up till they finish ruining the game… and unless you can vocalize in equal measure… if you aren’t on top of it every single day every hour every single minute… you lose in this game. I’ve seen it happen over and over and over again in the past 4 years.

Even when it concerns common sense stuff like this… (You want a perfect draft you go play Unranked and draft), Blizzard went ahead and forced draft in QUICK match (“Play the heroes that are needed or wait 30 minutes and get some even worse team mates to boot)”. So much for “play whatever you want.”

Implicitly you’re saying “Everyone should get to have fun in QM except if you weren’t having fun before the change, then you should go play draft.”

And while I agree that draft mode was a valid solution to the QM comp problem, once you open your argument with “everyone should get to have fun with this game mode” you immediately run into the problem of “no game mode can provide mutually exclusive types of game experiences, at the same time.”

Edit - quoted the wrong person initially.

Thats not a problem if this game mode was DESIGNED BE RANDOM PICK WHAT YOU WANT MODE.

People asking for changes in QM like this is like people moving to Phoenix Arizona and complaining its far too hot there. Especially when the North Pole had a neighborhood they could also live in. And even a mild Kansas if they didn’t want the extreme.

Hold a moment I just got into a 2 heal/1 tank vs my team … NO heals/No tank… just dps… I had to wait 15 minutes for this.

I’m repeating myself at this point, but I have yet to find a queue time that passes above 4 minutes, most of them are 2 minutes to 4 minutes, rarely I got one in 10 seconds after queuing as Probius.

Of all the 20 matches I played, 2 of them were people threw the game and 1 felt like a stomp.

2 Likes

Simple solution. Stop playing, ez. Maybe they listen when ppl start quiting

2 Likes

I don’t disagree, and I was never an advocate for the changes myself. I liked wacky comps.

But it seems enough people were that Blizz made the change. And I don’t believe a few forum randoms would be enough to convince Blizz to spend the time and money to make these changes.

BUT that was also not my point. My point was Swandive was saying (paraphrase)" everyone should get to have fun, not just the low IQ players". You just can’t enforce AND not enforce comp at the same time.

So really, he’s just telling everyone who likes the change to get bent.

He’s absolutely right. The game shouldn’t be catering to just low skill players who can’t flex enough or think outside the box enough to enjoy what is essentially a random game mode designed to get you out there practicing the hero you want without waiting a whole lot of time.

What these changes did was screw everyone else that enjoyed and appreciated the mode for what it was… didn’t actually fix anything (comps that we didn’t ask for) then made us wait 10x longer for the privilege of getting into the same matches we were in or worse than before. If you don’t see the irony in that I don’t know what to tell you. Actually I don’t care at this point. Blizzard caters to the totally illogical low skill player time and time again without wavering… without thinking about long term effects… and even without thinking about how it affects their bottom line.

The whole "get bent " thing? I don’t see any of that in there. I think like the typical casual player you look into other player statements and view everything they say as antagonistic or elite or something thats not there.

Blizzard also has employees saying this game is a failure in secret. I can’t help but to see that at this point myself. Loved this game … played it since closed beta. Supported it a great deal in the beginning. Watched in horror as change after change made it worse and worse. I have been voicing my opinions to help out … but in the end game keeps losing players. I can’t say I know exactly how much but it is clearly a huge amount. Obviously Blizzard is doing tons of things wrong or maybe they are just looking to hasten the games demise. Who knows?

And my response to this is they shouldn’t even be trying. I don’t care about enforcing comps… I never did. I always enjoyed the wacky groups I got… even if they didn’t always work out. A lot did… surprisingly and thats where the fun was. Blizzard got rid of that fun there.

2 Likes