New MM is T.E.R.R.I.B.L.E

I do not post here often; however, this new matchmaking is absolutely appalling. Not only do I have to wait around 6 minutes for each game, but I have just experienced 2 games in a row in which my team did not have a support, yet the enemy team did. Even if we did have a “support,” it would be a Zarya trying to compete with a Li-Li. Thanks Blizzard for making MM to totally unplayable and making this game simply frustrating to play. How did you know I wanted to WASTE 20 minutes playing a lost cause from the start?

25 Likes

Yeah same, and some got lot of cc, we don’t, and all other thing like i have said before.

Better heroes > Bad Heroes
CC > No CC
Nuke damage > Low damage

And voila, you either stomp them, or you are stomp, this is not fun at all, even when i stomp the other team with 5 level more than them, this is bad, i want challenge, i want fair TF.

Oh and i want a abandon vote too, add it to the game like league of legend, when everything is already over, let us surrender and launch another game.

6 Likes

They don’t care. They have proven time and time again that they do this for the money and that is it.

8 Likes

Give me a T.
Give me a E.
Give me a R.
Give me a R.
Give me a I.
Give me a B.
Give me a L.
Give me a E.

Whats thayt spell?
Blizzard Doesnt Care!!

5 Likes

If we put aside the healer vs no healer matchups, is it still worse than in the past with the lottery matches?

Edit: Even in HL alot if the games are stomps due to a better draft.

The surrender vote will never fly on here, no matter how much some people want it to. In a game with such big comeback capability, an ability that will be abused by quick quitters is hard to be appealing.

3 Likes

My last game https:// imgur com/a/UFXPFqL

It hurt. A lot. We put up one heck of a fight at least.

1 Like

Like they said. I really never post in these kind of forums, but matchmaking is the worst in a long, long time. Just lost three onesided, unwinnable games in a row just because of terrible comps.

4 Likes

Quick Match has historically been a pretty terrible experience. It may be the most popular mode, but that’s only because the game wasn’t introduced as a ‘draft-only’ game like it should have been, imo.

1 Like

I dunno I generally have found matches to be better with the update.

I havent seen one matchup that was unwinnable like you used to get.

So what does " T.E.R.R.I.B.L.E" stand for???

You can’t just throw the abbreviation up there and then not define it!

4 Likes

blizzard went out on a limb by trying to get “more precise matchmaking” aka 10+ min queues for HL EVERY SINGLE game, at least for me (q’d central).

What game are you playing? I’d like to try it out.

Horrible wait times! Sitting and waiting for over 10 minutes to play a healer. WTF!

i haven’t played much in the past week as ive been busy but my team comps have been much more balanced for the most part when i play qm…

i have lost like 80% of my games but the comps were better!!

1 Like

I know a lot of people had issues with the QM matchmaking in the past, however I enjoyed the bizarre mix up it often provided. There has only been a few times where I have into a match thinking that we have no chance, and I have enjoyed the times where that on paper, it looked like we were going to be stomped, but won anyways.

I don’t have an issue with the new system either, except that it takes x10 longer to get a game, and often the match making still seems to heavily favour one side over the other.

Meh, I’d rather have the old system back, if I’m going to be on a team thats going to get stomped, I’d rather not wait 10 minutes in a queue for it.

3 Likes

Feel free to go back and read the numerous surrender vote threads. The day the surrender vote gets added will definitely be the day this game gets killed

1 Like

Agreed. Been playing this game since closed beta and I must say, this IS the worst matchmaking has ever been in HotS.

Queue times are outrageous because of this new system where it’s messing with trying to find “comps”…NO!!! Let QM be what it was intended to be – a game mode where you guaranteed get to play the hero you want, against similarly skilled players, with a random map and a random team. This type of play is fun because it truly tests player IQ and ability.

Instead, this new system I now have to wait 5+ minutes in QM just to be placed in some of the most poorly matched games I’ve ever been part of.

I mean, I get that it’s Blizzard and they want to make a “happy, community-friendly MOBA” (see XP reward bonuses when in party), but jesus, it’s to the point where I CANNOT queue in this game solo any more – there is no game mode left for me to play :frowning:

I’m to the point now where I don’t understand if I’m not having fun because of how poor the matchmaking has become, or if the HotS player base is so low, this IS the best that Blizzard can do, with the amount of concurrent players.

I would be a bigger fan of the new system if it was actually resulting in more balanced matches, but that has not been my experience at all. The only change I can detect in any of it is that now I have to bring something to do when I play Heroes of the Storm, because now it takes me five to ten minutes to get a match. So, basically, the only winners in this new system are Nintendo, and my Switch.

I like HotS as a fast, casual moba, so if these are the new wait times, forevermore, then I think my relationship with HotS is on the dwindle. Which sucks, because the last thing this game needs, on any level, is to lose even more players, especially the ones like me, who habitually spend money and support the game.

I’m having pretty much the same experience. Takes about 6 minutes to find a game in a party of two, when I’ve queued as a healer (Whitemane, Lili) and my partner is a ranged assassin or warrior. Kind of the last straw for me was we queued for 6 minutes. I was Whitemane. Our team ended up with Whitemane, Kharazim, and Stukov. Kharazim was in a party with an Arthas. Enemy team had two solo queue assassins…

I also really enjoyed the random comps you’d get in QM. Sure, sometimes it was terrible, but seeing what you could accomplish on a random map with a random team was a big part of the charm for me. I pretty much live in QM (hotslogs says I’ve spent 70+ days in it, haaa) and like someone said - if I’m going to get bad comps anyway, I’d rather not wait 6+ minutes for them.

HotS has been my favorite game and my favorite MOBA for 3 years. My partner and I usually play a few hours a night, spending money occasionally. We prioritized all of the HotS panels and HGC over everything else at BlizzCon this year. But like SharkMusic said, if these wait times are the new thing, that’s probably all going to change because it’s just not going to be worth the time anymore, and that really, really sucks. :confused: