New Hero Spotlight: Mal'Ganis

Tables are possible, this thread made a small syntax guide and there’s a way to format tables in threads.

“warrior” … sureeeeeee…

The talents I’ve found interesting/useful on PTR are:

1: Winged Guard (generally decent) & Vampiric Aura (if you have 2+ non-Mage damage dealers)

Time to Feed seems not as generally solid as either of those.

4: Night of Sargeras & Echo of Doom

Fueled by Torment could be ok, but the increased armor or extended duration feel better to me.

7: Will of Tichondrius & Nightmare Fuel (this is the +30% damage in bushes/+125% damage against sleeping talent)

Black Claws is a 45% damage increase for a single basic attack every 8 seconds at best. Spreading Plague relies on Night Rush and being able to stick to a hero afterwards, I found that too finicky for my taste.

13: Blood Rush

I don’t like the Night Rush focused build compared to the other stuff you can do.

16: Blind as a Bat is the OMG! talent, but generally not easy to use unless you can either look at a team mate’s screen or fight in a cramped space. On the other hand Plague Bats is a decent bit of AoE burst (that heals due to his talent) and Frenzied Assault should let you dish out massive damage.

As far as his Trait including Nightmare Fuel by default: It doesn’t, that is merely a display error. You do not get +30% damage by hiding in a bush without picking the talent at level 7.

I went specifically with this guide, but as said i must have done something wrong or don’t have the right forumlevel yet.

Well never mind what I said, he really can be just like Riven

This is real, I have done it. People laughed…

31 Likes

Looks like a playstyle similar to Kerrigan’s with a hint of Malthael. Fun!

Testing him out the only thing that really stands out as being an outlier from his kit is Dark Conversion. The rest seem fairly balanced IMO, since healing isn’t over the top and certainly doesn’t hold a candle to Kerrigan’s shielding in terms of survival. He definitely seems main tank potential, but I’m not heavy on playing tanks as I’m more a support player.

3 Likes

A lot of folks are bringing up Warcraft 3, let’s not forget that Mal’Ganis was in WoW too, as were the other DLs. They got some more variety to their abilities in WoW, but seeing something more made up by Blizz is pretty cool as it’s like breathing new life into Mal’Ganis and making him seem improved over his WC 3 counterpart.

Still bummed it’s not Imperius though :smirk:

Me thinks Rakanishu?

just have your allies on voicechat yell at you which way to attack :slight_smile:

2 Likes

LOL, then how about a “WTF moments” where he kills himself and heals the whole enemy team with the level 20? :laughing:

I mean, if you swap health %s and yours was higher, you’re technically healing the enemy, right?

5 Likes

Looks like dota 2 Balanar wannabe, i wish that heroes are more unique like when they used to be .
I would like to see infernal summon, but in different way .
LIke u can sacrifice ally hero with 10% hp and summon them as infernal ,and they can play as Infernal for 10 sec or something different not that lame Terroblade ult .
And what’s up with that space Batman skin lame i thought it’s halloween event.

I think that should be changed to match Dehaka’s Isolation. It shouldn’t remove all vision range entirely, it should just reduce it to 3.5 for the duration. That way you don’t end up just wallowing around missing the last 2/3s of your attacks as you enemy walks in a different direction. If you find one of them, you should be able to stick to them a little better.

It will be. An effect that powerful needs to have at least a 1.25 second channel, not just a 0.75 second channel. It will be practically impossible to react to in time, and the only way to reliably interrupt it would be to play Muradin and pick Skullcracker.

They said the dreadlords are “intelligent and cunning”. Yet the first one they designed is a brute bruiser with the kits of an assassin.

That’s very different from the dreadlords I know in W3, when they are mostly used as a support for the ghouls with the Vampiric Aura. Sleep to isolate and disrupt the enemy’s APM. Carrion Swarm was a fire and forget that chucks out a huge amount of health from the enemies from far away.

And believe it or not, I’m not mad about the Inferno. It was not one the Mal’ganis’ original ability. But the general design of him make me very disappointed. I did hope that we were getting a evil support that would forgo healing in favor of cc.

1 Like

that would be stukov

Not at all. Stukov isn’t evil. Also, he heals a ton.

This was me when I saw the reveal TBH :open_mouth:

Wah so many CC plus sleep.
My chromie will be like to team up with him. Sleep I Q+W then time trap at there, then Q+W again.
Yah.

Fear would have made way more sense than sleep.