I have made a rather crude outline for several Heroes based on their uniqueness and familiarity, but more importantly I focused on what they could bring to HotS in general. This thread is about only one of those Heroes. Please note that I did not include specific cooldowns, damage/healing or timers.
Character-specific mount (she’s Naaru)
Appearances included a Radiant Gold skin, Radiant Platinum, or Radiant White skin. A special skin could be Glowing Dark Purple (from Warlords of Draenor, K’ara the Dark Star Naaru)
Basic attack - a single target ranged attack
- Radiant Aura - A glowing aura pulses from K’ara, healing nearby allied heroes while active. Heroes that remain close to K’ara for this duration have increased armor.
- Life Spark - Heal allied heroes at target location. Affected heroes also gain a heal over time for a short duration.
- Flash of Light - K’ara shoots a damaging bolt of light at target enemy or structure that bounces to nearby enemies or structures.
Trait) Song of the Naaru - Activate K’ara’s next non-heroic heal does increased healing and provides affected allied heroes with shielding.
Level 10 Heroics:
- Searing Light - K’ara speeds a distance forward, leaving a broad path of seared ground behind her. All allied heroes in the path receive strong healing and all enemies in the path receive moderate damage.
- Void Corruption - The Void taint attempts to take control of K’ara. In a swirl of purple mist, she rises to the sky becoming temporarily unattackable. She slams back into the ground with tremendous force, causing strong damage to enemies in a large radius. For a short duration after, K’ara emanates a cloud of choking void that reduces the damage of enemy heros.
Level 20 Talents:
- Blinded by the Light - The size of the seared ground is widened. Healing and damage done by K’ara’s Searing Light heroic ability are increased. Affected enemy heroes are blinded for a short duration.
- The Dark Star - Upon the next use of Kara’s Void Corruption heroic ability, the Dark Star rises and K’ara is no more. All of K’ara’s non-heroic abilities switch their roles. Healing abilities and their modifiers become damaging abilities targeted at enemy heroes. Damaging abilities and their modifiers become healing abilities targeted at allied heroes. ** This is a permanent change. It cannot be toggled off. It is not lost on death. See The Dark Star ability reversal below **
- Divine Touch - K’ara’s Life Spark ability does increased healing over time.
- Beam of Light - Kara’s Flash of Light ability can be used on allied heroes as well, healing targeted ally hero and bouncing to nearby allied heroes.
– The Dark Star –
Altered Ability Changes:
- Radiant Aura - A glowing aura pulses from K’ara, damaging nearby enemies while active. Enemies that remain close to K’ara for this duration have decreased armor.
- Life Spark - Damage enemies at target location. Affected heroes also get damaged over time for a short duration.
- Flash of Light - K’ara shoots a healing bolt of light at target ally that bounces to nearby allies.
Trait) Song of the Naaru - Activate K’ara’s next non-heroic damaging ability does increased damage and makes affected enemy heroes take increased damage for a short duration.
Inspiration for abilities and traits comes from characters origins. I attempted to make and keep a theme for each character. If necessary, abilities can be deconstructed to a baser form to allow further progression of possible talent trees to achieve the talent listed as an end goal. Example : Life Spark could only heal allied heroes at target location. At talent tier lvl 1, among the choices could be “Heroes affected by Life Spark gain a heal over time for a short duration.”