New hero after Qhira?

I hope you’re ready to be disappointed.

2 Likes

I’ve been predicting it was Deathwing since literally January, when they reduced the size of everyone’s hitbox. There’s been so many little teases this year. I will be floored it it’s not him.

That said, it’s gonna be pretty hard to disappoint me anyway. Deathwing ain’t even my most wanted hero, just the most likely.

1 Like

I really want to see Deathwing as an “unstoppable” monster, sort of like Stitches being able to just grind on and on and on and on and on (another comparison is the bruiser build Arthas) unless the enemy is focusing him hard over a long period of time.

I’d want the 1st-level Talent to be about counteracting overall gameplans. One for macro, one for burst damage, one for sustained damage. Whatever you’re doing, Deathwing has an answer from the start, so you need to diversify what you’re using to deal with the enemy team.

The overall role would be that of an “anchor” tank like Arthas or Johanna, but with damage to make crowded, prolonged engagements a bad idea like slam-based Stitches or Cho instead of CC to keep enemies close, mobility to start off fights, or the ability to drag an enemy in to be blown up. Basically, a tank for in-your-face stall comps who can moonlight as an impossible to remove lane-bully (much like Stitches, but lacking a hook).

My two main thoughts for abilities would be something like 400 damage over 8 seconds on an AoE, a very powerful but slow source of waveclear and siege, while also taxing single-target and burst healing, but having enough of a DPS to strain the drawn-out team-healing, as well as having the sustain be both heal over time and armor. Again, counteract the extremes with high efficiency, forcing the enemy team to try to play towards the middle.

For a healer to deal with it, I’d say Stukov should be the main option, as his heal over time can enormously mitigate the DoT and his burst is his usual source of offering survivability. A damage-dealer to get rid of him would be Tychus, as the %health damage bypasses the armor and exploits the large-for-burst healthpool to stress healing sources. Stitches would be the main counteracting tank, being able to make him overstay his considerable endurance while having the hard engage he lacks to force bad fights, with enough sustain to outlast him, provided the team’s following up properly. Tyrael would instead directly counteract everything Deathwing gets up to.

Overall, the thought is that of a slower, heavier Bruiser more than a conventional tank, with the tank functions being a matter of taking the right talents to force a bad focus on him and get the right kind of peel. Main thing would probably be the ability to push Heroes aside as a passive peel, literally walking between Heroes to force himself into being the frontline.

Again, this is just what I want Deathwing to be. Permanent giant dragon who’s going to be in your face constantly, and you can’t just ignore him or he’ll burn everything down eventually, nor can you focus on him too hard because he’s just not going to die fast enough to be worth it over the people making him stick around even longer and the people who deal damage faster.

I want Izual. I’ve always wanted Izual. He seems to fit the HotS mold quite nicely.

https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Izual
1 Like

Im hoping for more overwatch heros

2 Likes

Some cool suggestions here. Tirion, Izual, Adria, sure.
No Legion characters yet, ye true. I would prefer Mannoroth tho, just for his design. Kil’jaeden and Archimonde hopefully get their turn as well eventually.

Deathwing I feel should be a map. The whole map has 2 or even 3 stages and as you progress in the game and complete objectives the terrain reshapes much like in the Cataclysm cutscene.
Tho if Deathwing was a playable character I wouldn’t complain either xD

I’m wondering how no one is talking about Adun from Starcraft as a possible Hero. He’d be awesome! He can manipulate and combine the powers of the Void and Psionics just like Tassadar. I always thought he’d be a cool multiclass, switching between invisible melee stealth and ranged dps/assist.

Then for a Zerg character I really want one modeled after the Heart of the Swarm Mission Kaldir 3: Enemy Within.
At level 1 you could start off as a Larvae and as you level and select talents you evolve from one Zerg Unit to the next always cocooning for a few seconds in between. Everytime you die tho you start off as a larvae again and you can choose your evolution path all over again. So depending on what you need you can be a more tanky ultralisk kinda creature or strong laning creature like a lurker a high dps hydralisk kinda thing or even some kinda of flying support Viper thing.
You are weaker than the average hero tho and dieing provides the enemy only half a kill maybe. Something like that.
I think that’d be a cool concept to play around with.

I think we need a protoss woman.
The Zerg and earthlings already have at least two female heroes, and the protoss have none.
Unfairly.

1 Like

We should get Talis. Adept is the only organic protoss unit we don’t have represented, and the ghost thing could be used to neat effect in HotS.

1 Like

Vorazun as a more “brawling” Dark Templar could work. Sort of a blend of Illidan, Valeera and Fenix would be the shortest explanation.

The more precise description I have in mind, so far, is as follows:

Health: 1200
Attack speed: .91
Attack range: 2
Attack damage: 150
Standard mana

Trait: Void Shield: Whenever Vorazun is unseen, she gains Stealth. Taking damage, attacking, using Abilities, or channeling ends Stealth. Remaining stationary for at least 1.5 seconds while Stealthed grants Invisible.

Passive: While in Stealth, Vorazun gains 87 shields per second, up to 1300.
Cooldown: 20 seconds.

Q: Shadow Fury: Vorazun teleports to target enemy and deals 75 damage to them.
Range 3, 30 mana, 4 charges, 6 second charge cooldown, 1 second use cooldown.

W: Shadow Dash: Vorazun dashes toward target location and refreshes one charge of Shadow Fury.
Range 6, 45 mana, 10 second cooldown.

E: Void Stasis: Wrap target enemy in Void energy, putting them in Stasis for 1.5 seconds
Range 4.5, 60 mana, 15 second cooldown

R1: Darkcoil: Activate to make Vorazun’s next Basic Attack Stun for 2 seconds and deal 200 damage to nearby enemies.
Passive: Vorazun’s Basic Attacks give her Shields equal to 30% of the damage dealt
Radius 2.5 AoE, 100 mana, 45 second cooldown.

R2: Veil of Shadows: Target allied Hero gains Stealth for 4 seconds and gains 600 Shields for 10 seconds over 4 seconds while this cloak lasts.
Range 6, 80 mana, 20 second cooldown.

I do have some Talent ideas based on pilfering even more unit mechanics and Commander level bonuses. The idea is that Vorazun is representing her Dark Templar units and the Centurion (Dark Templar Zealot variant), as we don’t have any existent Centurion character and you’d have to come up with a lot more gap-filling.

Female Protoss… there’s also Raszagal, we don’t have as much to work with with her. And ye… then there’s Selendis…
Come to think of it there aren’t many Female Protoss in the games xD

There’s also Lasarra who played an important role in my favorite Heart of the Swarm level. At level 1 she could start like everyone else and play like a adept with shade and everything but once she hits level 4 a Larvae breaks out from her body and from then you control the Zerg parasite that evolves further and further.
I suppose that would make for a poor representation of Gender Equality xD

I like your concept.
But I’m looking forward to Selendis :heart_eyes:

It would be better to add Talis as a full-fledged nominal adept than to give this style to Selendis, who never used it. I’m sorry to admit that’s what people want.
If the blizzard make Selendis adept, I’ll be desperate. I want to see her with canonical psi blades, not the bulky accoutrements of adepts.
Given that the concept of the Adept will fit well into the game, Talis would be a great addition to the list of heroes (but only after Selendis, I really think that the community of the game deserved at least two Protoss women for all this time).

Diablo : Cow King, Blood Raven, Druid
Starcraft : Ulrezaj, Mira/Horner, Stettman
Warcraft : Talanji, Goblin Alchemist, Chimera, Grommash

I want LEEEEEEEEEEEEEROY Jenkins.

Not sure i could narrow it down that far. guess i’ll go for top 2 from each.

WoW - Would be Dearthwing or Moira (shadow priest baby)

SC - Egon Steteman and Karax

Diablo - Andariel and Baal

OW - Reinhardt and Sigma (though Wrecking Ball was a really close 3rd)

Hearthstone - Reno Jackson and Leeroy Jenkins ( yes i know leeroy started in WoW but he made it big in Hearthstone. :wink: )

1 Like

Hoping they announce Diablo 2 remastered, and therefore my Druid or Baal could be next in the game. Been hoping/waiting for my Druid since 2015. At least I got all my protoss wishes come true. Both Druid and Baal could be support which HotS needs more of. A zerg unit turned hero could be just what we need. As a StarCraft fan first and Diablo fan second I’d be okay with more StarCraft heroes of any kind. I’m sick of Warcraft heroes. As for Overwatch, I could see Reinhardt as a tank or Moira as a healer added to HotS.

1 Like

Baal – Druid – Andariel

2 Likes

I’ve been listening to random WoW music and farting around on the Hearthstone wiki because I’m bored. Just now the song changed to Xaxas right as I hit random page and rolled on Deathwing.

I’m now very convinced he’s next.

Reno definitely, he has his torch, lasso, maybe something golden monkey, RELICOLOGIST, splitting camels!!, I have some ideas but too lazy to put it into words.

We all keep getting a rumble whenever a match starts. I’m convinced this is either BlizzCon approaching or Deathwing approaching. I’m leaning to the latter.

2 Likes