Nerf Mal'ganis already!

When Mal’ganis was introduced everyone, as usual, was playing him 24/7.
But what’s not even close to normal is how OP he is despite of the “nerf” he received.

Literally, I haven’t won more than 2 games against a Mal’ganis, not even Diablo + Varian combo can counter that sh1t (word not allowed LOOOOL, so corny…) that still deals a lot of damage, has tons of self sustaining HP and that CC (which lasts more than it should).

It’s not fun playing against such an OP hero, who can be fighting 3 on his own and not die.
So as you decided not to nerf it I decided to play less than half of the time I used to.
There’s no point playing something isn’t fun anymore, is there? :wink:

I hope more people do like I do.

16 Likes

You are doing something wrong if you do not kill him with varian+diablo.

6 Likes

I find that Anub’arak is one of the better tanks to counter him. A lot of stuns on short CDs make it hard for him to use his abilities and ults, and if he wants to dive my back line, I will Cocoon him, and we can clean up his team while he is in cold storage.

12 Likes

Enough with these types of threads already!

1 Like

Don’t worry join the train like me “he is fine you are doing Something wrong” i have buy it and i win nearly all my games on QM now, so yeah he is very fine now, i am enjoy playing it, sleep everyone, doing 1vs3 like i was chogall. So now i hope he will never be nerfed.

1 Like

I rarely see Malgs in the Asia server. And most that do play him there are pretty bad at him.

He wont be nerfed until sales on him go down. Just like every new hero.

1 Like

Bingo.

New heroes are released in a broken state for that quick cash grab.

You can thank Activision for this. They seem to ruin a most good things when they get their grubby Richard whackers on it.

Free cash grab REEeeeeeeeeeee.

2 Likes

But if he isn’t nerfed his sales won’t go down?

Anyone noticed how Malganis released with Deckard Cain’s Stay a While and Listen Ultimate as a main ability on a 16 second cooldown only? Talk about overloaded kits.

I know, not exactly the same; though some might argue that Malganis is better since you can cast 4 Malgani’s sleeps during the 70 second cooldown window of Stay a While.

This guy got released with 2 main abilities with mobility and cc integrated. Not counting ultimates and talents and -lol- self sustain.

Yea.

Why oh why does it take Blizzard so looooong to fix the obvious. Always the same. Takes will out of playing QM. sigh

4 Likes

It’s simple - because they want people to BUY the new heroes. By making them OP, more people will buy them. Then after the buyers make the purchase, they nerf them and repeat on the new hero.

Except stay a while and listen is better than night rush.
He’ll get nerfed anyway but that’s a dumb comparison.

1 Like

If you gank him 3 on one he is dead unless you stick together to make sure he gets tons of healing

Well I don’t believe it is a “dumb” comparison in the least. But thank you for your for your quality feedback.

First of I stated they are not “exactly the same” just in case people with your particular mindset show up.

Secondly, they are actually similar, but granted, not exactly the same.

They both provide the exact same effect: sleep.
They can both me used offensively to set up combos or defensively as a means of escape.
They both have an almost identical pre-cast time (.75 secs versus 1 second).
They both have their effect broken when damage is dealt.
They both can be “aimed”: due to the sheer size of Cain’s he only has to face to aim it; Mal’ganis can aim it because he has the tools for it, he doesn’t have enemy hero collision for the duration and he gets extra move speed.
They both have drawbacks: Deckard Cain can’t move for the duration of the channel while Mal’ganis cannot attack.

That for similarities. For differences, stand out that:

That Deckard Cain’s sleep is longer (2 seconds longer).
That Deckard Cain’s sleep has bigger AoE. (Adv. Cain)
One can move while casting, while other stands still. Advantage Mal’ganis.
One has access to the sleep effect since level 1, while the other has to wait for level 10. Big advantage for the dreadlord.
One has a cooldown 4 times longer than the other. One is an ultimate and one is a basic ability. Huge advantage Mal’ganis.

As you can see they have quite a few shared similaries and fewer differences. In the drawbacks department I feel that not losing mobility is better than having to stand still despite the larger AoE of Cain’s. I don’t see Malganis players complaining they can’t apply sleep in most scenarios. And the very big one is the cooldown.

Combine everything and maybe you can see a tiny bit of my point? Mal’ganis has in his basic ability kit and comparable form of Cain’s Ultimate that can be applied every 16 seconds instead of every 70seconds. In respect to the differences and drawbacks I say that some players actually prefer and think Mal’ganis sleep is better. That is not a far fetched allegation if you see Mal’ganis advantages.

So. Do you still think it is a “dumb comparison”?

1 Like

All these children. so bad. so foolish.

Let me explain to you clowns how business works…

ACTIVISION DEMANDS MONEY. BUY THE HERO PAY THEM THE MONEY.

But chief the hero is free !
Also where are you working so i can call everyone up come to you and ask you to work for free?

Yep it is ultra dumb because the two abilites aren’t the same at all.
And even if they were why aren’t you complaining about storm bolt or impale compared to the sundering?
You can argue that bolt only hits two targets at most but impale does not and keeps your kill target in place so you can finish your prey more easily.
How about not being an hypocrite and proposing that you percieve at balanced nerfs to it?
Oh and can you get upset that malf dream is the same than Alarak’s Q?

One potentially sleeps your whole team and allows setups/is an ult that lasts 2 seconds longer and makes the caster a sitting duck, the other potentially sleeps your whole team and allows setups/is a basic ability that’s also a gap closer/escape on a MUCH shorter cooldown and allows full control of the caster. They do essentially the same thing only Malganis’ is way better. Is this really the hill you want to die on? Because no amount of incredibly transparent pedantics in lieu of actual thought is going to make that argument winnable.

2 Likes

You forgot to put your tinfoil hat on (since you don’t have any evidence for your claims and all)!

OT:
While Mal’Ganis seems to be strong, he doesn’t show signs of being OP, overtuned at most, so you can stop creating drama, OP.