Nerf Li-ming's Healing

Dominance is getting out of hand, it remains as the most popular pick and highest winning too despite it being nerfed awhile back, i think it needs an additional clause, making it similar to orphea’s healing Ravenous Hunger, where she’d only get the healing if an enemy hero dies within 3 or 4 seconds of taking spell damage from li-ming. and if they make the change maybe they can revert the healing to the original version.

the whole purpose of doing this is to prevent a snowball from occuring, which in many cases inwhich li-ming wouldve died but doesnt and then just snowballs over the enemy team because of Critical Mass and free healing, this only would affect games where healers arent present and low level play where its crazy town,

1 Like

You heal for at most, 300 at level 1 for a takedown.

Think about this for a moment. Imagine having that as a healing ability, that you can only burst heal yourself when you get a takedown. That is lower than a deckard potion, or just even any other healing skill in the game bar heals over time.

15 Likes

Funny you bring up numbers but she’s also one of the lowest winrate heroes right now. So even with her dominance getting “out of hand” it certainly isn’t bringing her winrate up as much as you’d think.

12 Likes

The quality of this forum really decreased since that announcement…

Dominance was good when it was 20% max hp. Now it is 30% missing hp. It is still ok, but the problem is her other lvl 4 talents are total trash. The problem is you need to be low to get its value, but Ming is really squishy. She has a good anti snowballing limitation, it is called mana.

Personal question: Have you ever tried to dodge her Orb?

13 Likes

are you taking into account the fact that her cooldowns 3, 8 and 5, heals for 400 at 1% hp, but will reliably get any where from 240 to 360, and every support only heals for ~250 per 10 seconds, barring ana, this change is extremely fair considering this will heal more in more cases

i already said this wasnt for high level, those people wont be affected by this, and if they change this maybe they’ll have more room to buff her, because this is a talent that limits design space, same reason they nerfed it the first time not to mention this is her highest preforming talent as an actual value not a percentage

Level 1 talents mitigate this quite heavily and its easy to dodge most of her abilities except when shes right next to you,(orb isnt an issue, calamity is, but its a perfectly fine talent) if they make the change they could revert the function and/or increase it

Forgetting the facts that there exist 100% hard counters for Liming, that she’s truly the incarnation of a “feast or famine” hero & nothing feels worse than your team not being able to pull off kills to get Liming rolling…

A troll thread about Liming’s healing. Have I reached the end of the internet?!? I feel like truly now, I’ve seen it all.

17 Likes

I can still show you things. You want some candy? Just over here …

3 Likes

Li-ming needs her trait reworked into something else because right now it’s simply unfair. Not saying the hero is op but you can have that one potato that cant dodge spells work against you and make your whole team get wiped.

It makes the ‘carry potential’ in game just feel worse than ever, it would also open up for more talent diversity since calamity build works so well with her trait now.

“i’m not saying it’s op…but it’s op”

3 Likes

Heroes who exceed 250 per 10 seconds include:

Ana, Uther, Morales, Lucio, Kharazim, Tassadar, every healer in the game, Stitches, Muradin, Sonya, Zeratul, Butcher, any hero with sustain.

1 Like

I’d rather have her all in and reset or fail gameplay intact and nerf those long range poke at 10 yards range talents.
Her trait is what set her apart from the dime a dozen range dps we have.

Is that why my team keeps yelling at me?

This is good information to know.

3 Likes

So let’s keep it as it is and buff the other talents on that tier (or give it baseline to Ming but I hope that won’t happen).

Ming’s Dominance has already been nerfed due to it being a popular and strong pick in the tier. And even it was nerfed, it’s still the most viable pick out of all the three talents in that tier. To me, she really needs that and Diamond Skin to survive out in the battlefield.

// Also what’s up with all these threads, especially those Abby ones…//

2 Likes

Ming is pretty much the Kerrigan of mages…her abilities are easy to avoid or juke. At high ranks both Ming and Kerrigan are non-issues. They both need buffs. Kerrigan needs numbers buffs on her dmg and survivability maybe slightly lower mana costs and decent cooldown buffs, and Ming needs certain mechanic changes like her Orb being able to pass through minions and do damage to them, while she should be given Fireflies baseline.

2 Likes

Are you taking into account that healing scales as well for actual healers and counting every spell that she has in her arsenal for healing is basically saying that you are fighting lesser murkies?

Wow that is incredibly untrue.
Most healers heal every 2-4 seconds, depending on the heal type, longer cooldowns being the team healers, but sustained and burst healers are often 2 seconds between heals.

Selfhealing is cool and all, but the conditions are that you get a kill, this selfheal is more of a trait enabler and even then it requires you to be low on HP to have any decent value with it, timing a heal before you get a takedown actually makes it do less, healing after means more healing. The difference is staggering and opts for a more risk verses reward playstyle for something as simple as healing.

It feels bad when a ming combo chains your team down sure, but killing her already meh healing talent does not seem like a good solution for anyone.

Woah, this post gives me nostalgia.

Let’s take care of Orphea first. Have you seen Ravenous Hunger? It’s Dominance on steroids.

I’m all for a Li Ming rework, but she’s pretty far down list, currently. :confused:

1 Like

While I feel that Orphea is mostly balanced now, I do think that giving a hero both burst and sustain is not a good idea, this is one of the many problems in LoL.

This is also one of the reasons that Kerrigan gets OP when the stars are in alignment every 1000 years. Unlike Orphea though, they take a Godslayer Hammer to Kerrigan rather than actually deciding whether they want her to be a nuker or melee assassin/bruiser hybrid like Thrall…or maybe giving her talents where she can build herself into one or the other but not both per match.

Her Q build has some viability in maps like Battlefield of Eternity tbh.

I won’t say they are trash, they are just under picked compared to meta Calamity build.

1 Like