Multiple issues across multiple games

I’ve never posted on any forum ever, so I’m not really sure how this works, but here it goes.

In Heroes of the Storm, all game modes show as unavailable. The store is completely blank. When I click on “choose a hero”, no heroes are displayed. The quest icon is grayed out and unclickable. All profile options are blank, and no profile picture is displayed.

In Starcraft 2, I have no profile picture, everything under the profile options is blank, (sprays, profile pictures, announcers, achievements, etc.) and all of my achievements are gone. All of the campaigns do still show that I have completed them.

Things I have tried for troubleshooting:
DNS Flush
Scan and Repair Tool
Deleteing any cache folders
Reinstall games
Reinstall Blizzard app
Restarting computer
Restarting modem/router

I’m not really sure what to do now. I remember in the past I could just open a ticket, but I cannot seem to find that option anywhere. Any help on these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hey there,

All of the reported issues sound like there may be something interfering with the game’s connection to our servers. The most common issues are security programs that do not recognize our newest updates.

Another common issue is Malware sadly. Please be sure to run a Malware scan if possible.

Beyond that it might be worth a shot to test a different network temporarily to help verify if the problem is related to software on the computer or if it only happens on a single network. This can be anything from a mobile hotspot to a friend’s house or internet cafe.

Thank you for replying. I ran a virus and malware scan; no threats detected. I then used my phone’s hotspot to connect. No change in Starcraft, but an interesting thing happened with Heroes. Part of the characters appeared but the profile issues where still there, along with all game modes showing as unavailable. I had my wife load up both Heroes and Starcraft on the home network, and her games are working correctly.

Any thoughts?

As a side note, I’m curious to the thought of security programs interfering with the games’ connection to the servers. Would running the games as an admin or in admin mode (even though I’m the only user of my own computer) help with bypassing security programs?

Zorialus,

It could be as simple as a bad cache in your PC or router. In some cases you’ll fail to fully connect because your network hardware has too much information stored. To fix this, power down your PC and unplug your modem/router for about 10 minutes. Go grab a snack or something, come back, and then plug this all back in. This clears all your network caches and should resolve anything caused by your network hardware getting overloaded.

If you’re still having this problem after that, please create a WinMTR test which catches a disconnection. You want to restart the test every 10-15 minutes until you catch one of these problems. Once you’ve caught one red handed, run the test for about 5 more minutes. This will let us look for problems between your house and our servers which may cause this.

If you have problems with posting it due to a link error, go ahead and copy paste this into your next post, and replace “WinMTR goes here” with your test.

~~~~
WinMTR goes here
~~~~

Thank you all for all your help! It turns out I just have really crappy internet. The highest available speed in my area is 20 megs. With four people in the same house trying to game, stream, and download stuff all at once, bottlenecking becomes a serious issue. I ended up moving some of the devices I use to the hotspot on my phone and I disconnected a bunch of things that I hardly use. That cleared the issue up perfectly. I was actually very surprised how well all the games ran off of my cell phone. Heroes had a max ping of only 85ms, while Starcraft and WoW maxed out at about 115ms. All of these are perfectly normal numbers for me. Hopefully fiber optic internet will make its was way out into the rest of the world someday. :smiley: