MSVCR120.dll & MSVCP120.dll Missing

Good evening,

Just got a new desktop and installed HoTS and cannot get it to play. It has downloaded and patched correctly (?) and when I press play it gives me the MSCVR120.dll and MSCVP120.dll error message.

I googled the issue and tried to remedy it myself prior to submitting a new topic. I already downloaded the Microsoft Visual 2013+++ and 2015+++ versions. I scanned and repair the game several times, uninstalled and installed US Battle Net and HoTS twice.

I am also trying to provide a DxDiag as well but its a HUGE text file when I pasted it into this topic and hit the “</>” it just highlighted it but didn’t condense it.

Please help!

very strange. i dont have those in my HotS folder. i have:
msvcp140 and msvcp100
msvcr100

each of them are in …\Heroes of the Storm\Support and …\Heroes of the Storm\Support64

if you need the 120 for some reason then try copying it over to those game folders from the Windows system folder.

Tried everything. It works on my laptop but not on this desktop. It runs every other blizzard game WoW/SC2/DiabloIII but not HoTS. Where are the admins! or Tech support peeps!

Hey Velanthra,

Based on everything you have tried, I’d suggest running a System File Checker.

As for the DxDiag, it’s strange that it is too large but you can upload it through Pastebin and paste the code here (example Pastebin (dot) com/123456)