More people playing Heroes this past month

Has anyone noticed? I’ve been seeing more people playing than before.

How do you know more people play it when playerbase numbers are a secret ?

3 Likes

I’ve noticed the opposite. Queue times for me have been lengthier in both regular matches and leaver’s queue matches. I do not know what happened (although its been stated that it might have been due to me having leaver’s status) but I never have in the history of playing hots been in a match where it was myself and 4 ai vs another player and 4 ai.

2 Likes

that could be this games version of “1v1 me”

2 Likes

True, but I’ve just never seen it while queuing for ARAM.

2 Likes

I started 4 months ago and ran into someone 6 days old the other day. I dunno game seems pretty alive for a dead game to me. I hope they’re getting more new players (I didn’t even know the game existed until recently) and actually put a small team back on it.

I haven’t noticed it. Ques are pretty long as usual, only ARAM has fast ques and I’m glad for that.

Nope. Still seeing the same ~9 people in SL every day. Aram I see maybe the same ~19 people. Aram queues have gone from 15 seconds to just over a minute. SL queues are still insane. If the 9 people in my mmr bracket aren’t playing, I’m waiting over 10-12 minutes per game. Not sure what anomaly you’re experiencing with “more” players lol

Welcome to the game bro.

How are you finding it?

1 Like

You recently mentioned you had AI added to your ARAM game on the US server. I’ve never experienced this and I’ve played at all sorts of odd hours of the day. I know what you describe can happen in ARAM, but it’s usually only on dying servers like ANZ/SEA/Brazil.

Check and see in Options/Language and Region that you have your preferred server set to North America rather than “Best Match.” It seems intuitive that “Best Match” shouldn’t direct a player to where queue times are the lowest, but in my experience it can do exactly that.

2 Likes

Ah yes I am talking about that same match here as I was back then. I do think it was because I was in leaver’s queue and wasn’t playing during the day when hots is generally more populated. So while its never happened to me and seemed weird, it makes sense that leaver’s queue caused that to happen.

Now while that hasn’t happened since, I still do have longer queue times than usual even without leaver’s queue even in ARAM… and my reasoning to say this is that I am not noticing an increase in players because one of the most visible symptoms of a growing player base is faster queue times, however there may be more to it than just that.

I don’t remember changing any settings related to the server or region but maybe its worth a look. I’ll check it out.

2 Likes

The only reason I thought of this is I play with friends who are on other servers. If anyone has “best match” selected it will override any other set preferences. I’ve also one or twice been shifted from NA servers when I forgot that “Best Match” was selected.

2 Likes

Game industry is still in a massive slump which won’t end any year soon and there isn’t much thats compelling to play even with some big titles coming out mid year. Makes sense people get bored and come back to this game since its finally somewhat balanced.

1 Like

Still having fun. I’ve played a few hundred QMs now but only 5 ranked games because I just can’t bear the toxicity, even though the first 3 draft games I did we won you still had people whining - and man, it just tires me out. I have to take breaks afterwards.

I started just telling people to quit whining, focus, stop distracting everyone and play and win, and most of the time we end up turning it around and actually winning, which just makes it even more annoying every time someone says “afk” 3 minutes into a game.

Like, what do you expect for them to just roll over and take it?

It’s like, unless it’s a clear steamroll, they just can’t be bothered to play or something. Personally I like the challenging games that go back and forth with a clutch win (or even loss), because they’re way more fun than the boring steamroll ones.

My first week of playing I actually had a team mate PM me after the game to insult me some more, I replied ‘lol’ to found he’d already blocked me - SO BRAVE.

I turned off PMs from non-friends after that.

I mean, is this game full of children or something? I’m 35 and it feels like it’s full of 16 year old sexually frustrated edgelords.

1 Like

First off, you can mute people. Second, saying things to people who you claim are toxic just reinforces them to reply yes? Therefore adding to the toxicity you’re complaining about. Thirdly, idk what sexual frustration has to do with people being immature as they’re both very different things.

damn is that what I have to be to play any character with some curves?
sorry stiches cant play with you no more XD

People always gonna /w people if they hate you. Nothing you can do about. Some people only do it to have last laugh and then block you.

2 Likes

It is easy to see why new players could be put off the game but if you enjoy it don’t let a few rotten apples spoio your fun.

Half of the time they dont know what they are talking about.

Do you play on na or eu?

Any questions on gameplay or anything I can help you with?

1 Like

This behavior sucks and nobody should have to put up with it. I do wonder if one of the reasons people can be so unpleasant in matches is due to many of them feeling stressed.

In theory video games should be a relaxing hobby, but in a recent ARAM game (that was a win) the player on Ana at the end of the game when everyone typed “GG” stated that “This game was so stressful, I’m logging off, GL next.”

I can relate to that feeling, some matches in Hots even in a more relaxed mode like ARAM can be emotionally stressful or taxing. I think it’s a factor why some people can’t control themselves and lash out, particularly in Ranked matches.

Still there is no excuse for bad behavior and learning to deal with, or manage your emotional response in matches is one aspect that decides if a player will win or lose their games.

I hope your future matches improve. If you want a very chill mode, there is always VS AI, the people are lovely there. I only wish I enjoyed playing that mode, but find it boring after two matches at most.

1 Like

EU, I’m on the discord and have been playing and learning a lot there.

I’ve come a long way from my first 2 weeks and not having a clue how to play, 2k gold MMR in quick match with Tyrael now at about 250 games and 50% winrate after 4 months, and only playing deathwing before him, seems pretty good to me. It’s rare I get whined at now, it’s just general whining that still bothers me.

At least in QM you can say “why are you being toxic it’s quick match”, but in ranked I’d just feel so much pressure to not frell up in any way for fear or sparking shazbot that just distracts the team and causes a loss. I may feel like I’ve mastered the hero, but I still have a ton to learn about macro, on literally every map. I would constantly be doing the ‘wrong’ thing.

And yeah I played a ton of Elite AI before I first did a single quick match, 66 games exactly. I had a lot to learn. Then I did 16 games vs AI with tyrael before hopping in QM cause I knew what I was doing then just had to get better with the hero, and the only way to get better is to play against stronger opponents.

I’m noticing that, I dunno if it’s just me or the matchmaking or what, but if I get a streak of wins, I end up with a streak of losses to balance it out. I really wanna hit at least 65-70% winrate with him, but it seems the only way you can get that high is to group with 4 other good players who know what they’re doing and communicate. Is it some kind of balancing thing with the matchmaker?

I felt like my last few games I had AI bots as team-mates, and before that it was a few equally matched games with good players.

Having to take down forts solo. streamable DOT com/fjuebr

Oh because I started recently I’ve still got every replay so I uploaded it all to the log sites;

hotslogs /player/profile?PlayerID=17201960*

heroesprofile /Profile/?blizz_id=13702969&battletag=Sunwind&region=2*`