More nerfs to Imperius

And these aren’t small ones either. You can all apologize to me now. Honestly, how dare you people call me a noob for saying imperius was OP. Now I am completely vindicated. Maybe next time you people will think before unleashing your unwarranted ad hominem attacks.

Oh, and Blizzard’s comment is exactly what I was saying: he’s too tanky as a bruiser. If you won lots of games with imperius, it’s because you were playing an OP hero. Not because you’re good. Deal w/ it.

:expressionless:

5 Likes

I like this post. :sunglasses:

These nerfs might be a teensy bit too much. Imperius has a pretty low winrate across the board and this is only going to make his metal league games suffer that much more.
Imp’s tankiness was fine considering his general immobility but his ability to just evaporate heroes with right clicks was a bit out of hand.
Also I don’t mind the shield nerfs so much since I always like to pick wrath when I’m not afraid of instantly dying anyways.

Actually, blizzard comments were also that he dealt too much damage.

5 Likes

Developer Comment: The Angel of Valor was shrugging off enemy damage too easily while dishing out too much of his own, and the other Bruisers were getting jealous.

might wanna read the first part again, bub :expressionless:

1 Like

while dishing out too much of his own,

Might wanna read the second part again, bub.

4 Likes

whatever makes you feel better about being completely wrong re: imperius’ balance state :expressionless:

What are you talking about?

6 Likes

Phase is just trolling you. Just ignore him. The dev comment clearly specifies that he’s too tanky for the amount of damage he can deal.

Honestly I just wish they would have gutted Flash of anger instead of the level 1 talent. Now people are just going to be pigeonholed into taking burn the impure, which is still OP btw.

3 Likes

Ill take back my comment when they remove his ability to spear through walls bc thats what you were crying about. Also where is medallion?

8 Likes

Pointing something OP without explaining it is OP isn’t worth giving the apology.

13 Likes

What about those who agreed Imp needed nerfs but still called you that? :thinking:

1 Like

2.5% was balanced on Malthael and it’s balanced on Imperius.

1 Like

I agree that he’s too much a tank as a bruiser. But that also points out that most tanks could use some help. Ranged assassins make up a great deal of threat and damage and it’s often pointless to try and engage because you’re wading through waves of damage just to get one CC off.

Also, his charge is about timing. Dodging it is also about timing. He’s not overtly powerful unless you stand there and get skewered. Kind of like Naz’s toads. Don’t take all five, stutter step.

There are many other heroes so beyond unbalanced than Imp. They just need to lower his health pool, maybe increase a CD by a second or two.

You know what the actually funny part about this is?

This is the exact same attitude the people who were constantly demanding Genji nerfs had when he got nerfed into the gutter.

“Ha ha! We whined long enough and loud enough to force Blizzard to dumpster a balanced hero! Suck it, all you people who enjoyed playing Genji! Now we don’t have to actually be good to deal with you!”

It’s a shame the devs are caving to low-skill whiners like Lyras and Tooton once again.

That’s literally not what you were saying. Literally every one of your whine posts I have read about him was complaining about his damage, specifically because of Flash of Anger. I’ve maybe seen you mention how tanky he is maybe thrice, and all of those were tangential to your complaints about his damage.

So you’re not only wrong, you’re also dishonest.

12 Likes

his tankiness and his damage together are the problem. yeesh, it’s not complicated. look, just take your L and move on ok :expressionless:

Because Imperius has range, hypermobility, knockbacks, strong PvE damage, out of combat heals, and low mana cost abilities to make up for that.

…oh wait.

5 Likes

Not sure what the beef you have with everyone is since I’ve only begun posting again the past few days but the devs dishing out nerfs that you personally asked for doesn’t mean you were correct in your opinions. Competitive games are filled with wrongful nerfs, undeserved buffs, etc.

Assuming that every balance change is needed and objectively correct is incredibly silly.

3 Likes

To put this in clear light, they say X is OP but give no explanation over why it is.

3 Likes

Then those people are weird

Yes he is, but he is also bad at doing camps / waves compared to other bruisers. He and Deathwing sits in the same boat, but DW has at least good wave clear with Q.

2 Likes