More and less ranked points

Ok so I camed with this idea when i lost a lot of ranked points and fall from platinum to silver 5 near bronze. In silver right know where i am i dont like to said but are a lot of trolls (who die,who left, who play alone, who just write,who pick only assasins who don’t cares about playing seriously,and many many more) and i think is very annoying to lose 3-4 matches based only on this. I have friends who are level 1000+ and still can’t go out from bronze and they know something about game but based on above examples they can’t. My idea: So right know you get 200 points for wining and 200 for lossing. I think is better in bronze to get 200 points for winning and 100 for losing in silver 200 points for wining and 150 for losing and from gold 200 for win and 200 lose. With this plan i think players who want to play seriously will enjoy more this game. PS:(optional) - win streaks: after winning 3 games in a row you get at every win 50 more ranked points up to gold. All what i said above i think is very very balanced and should be add but if will be added only a little bit from my idea i will be happy !

1 Like

Adding followign to the topic and discussion of skill assessment:

A friend of mine almost succeded to dig out of bronze. He´s on a 16:4 streak currently in bronze I. The experience is very similar, many trolls, AFKers, big heads or just ignorants.

But my question is, why is he still receiving 200 pts (± 15) for a single match even though he apparently does not belong to bronze anymore? (not only according to win streak, but also average KDA over 8 etc.)

I know, that smurfing GMs receive even 500 points per game. Where are any rules for that?

Thank you for any comments.

3 Likes

Dude… I had win streaks of 12-15 games a couple times. Want to know how many ranks i got? None, because this game is completely obsessed about giving me less than 20pts per game, when i’m literally playing 30 times better than when i was actually getting normal points,
Sure, i still have lots to learn, i still have lots to improve and no, i can’t carry 4 randoms because i’m not GM… But i’m incredibly sure i don’t deserve that.
I soak, i do camps on more or less good times, i don’t usually die often, i either get kills or make sure my team gets them… And that’s not enough, because most of my team mates don’t have any clue of how to play the game, they don’t push advantages, they don’t soak (And they get mad at you for doing it), they don’t do camps (Or they do, but at the worst times possible), they push lanes with a fort instead of pushing the lane without a keep… I can go on…
So yeah, you can climb, if the game allows you to do it. For me, it’s nearly impossible unless i suddenly become a GM (something i’m extremely far away from being).

I had a better idea: when you have a potatoe in your team that dies no less than 10 times, next game the potatoe goes to enemy team!

Cant put it on the enemy team when its a premade

First placement game: with potatoeChogall that couldn’t press right mouse button. On road to B5 with potatoes!

You got 20 points per game because you were in Bronze 5.

That point gain doesn’t happen in other leagues.

2 Likes

Blizzard wont fix it. They created ranks below the lowest rank in the game which is just sad. Players quit instantly when they know it will never get better.

1 Like

With this plan you will just shift everyone up. Won’t make them play any better. Same effect if you replace silver emblem with gold just visually

It’s already there starting from around 6 games you gain increased points up to 500 after like 12 streak

You need around 6 wins in a row to start getting bonus and it increases till +500 for a win

I’m now on a team with potatoeMedivh & potatoeAbathur! How many points I am going to lose!? Make your bets!!!

[In Braxis, i may add]

“It’s already there starting from around 6 games you gain increased points up to 500 after like 12 streak”

A true nonsense, by the way. Just had 10:0 winning streak but receiving in many matches even below 200 points.

take a screenshot of post match screen and SL match history

here is mine to prove it increases
https://imgur.com/a/W91HD2N
and old one from c.a. 12 streak
https://imgur.com/a/eflUBD5

Hi,

too late, I´ve played meanwhile and broken the streak (actually immediately the next game after I quoted) :slight_smile:

Of course, I have the screen of the streak, but can´t support the points, so you´ll have to believe me. I think, I even received some 186 in the last won game…

I feel deeply disappointed for this kind of experience.
(and of every single match of all these ten were awarded with ±200 points; non of theme in B5 scum)

oh, unlucky. if it’s 186 after 10 wins in a row for real, then it must be something wrong with mmr system. Or maybe it’s some weird rule in action which i am not aware of, but feels unfair for sure

Don’t forget to take screenshots next time :slight_smile:

Blizzard has admited there is a problem with the system about 3 seasons ago and they have not made any changes to it.

1 Like

Hi AnnoyOrang,

this time, I had just 7 wins in a row (the eight broke the line). But I took th screenshots this time.

Could you tell me, how to upload them?

In the 7th game, got 214 points. (200 ±15 I get regularly)

Thanks

I use imgur to upload and then post the link here. Add extra spaces in url if your trust level doesn’t allow posting links

The streak “bonus” starts at around 12-15 wins/losses (so almost nobody ever sees em in practice) in a row and ramps up quickly to 500 (2.5x the normal rate). It also, from my experience, ends immediately (or within 2 games) upon breaking the streak (so if you were getting -500’s for losing a lot, you won’t be getting +500’s when you start winning).

A fresher, “less stable” account might get it after fewer games (or not; no idea).

The ±30 variation is just your typical adjustment for slightly unevenly matched teams (opponent team was higher ranked on average = you all get more points or lose less points and vice versa). That also gets amplified accordingly by streak/inactivity multipliers (e.g., I’ve had as high as 590 for a win (would have been 236 without the inactivity 2.5x multiplier)).

P.S. Don’t mix up mmr loosening for inactivitity with streak bonus. They look the same (both cap at 2.5x multiplier), but work differently. If you want the inactivity “bonus” - not playing for ~2 months will guarantee that you start at ±500 when you come back (that will last for ~10-15 games, reducing gradually to normal 200) (gl trying to win those games after not playing for 2 months though xD).

If you have enough luck to be paired against potatoes 12-15 times in a row, you should be paired with the fu%%ing potatoes the same times…

Hi,

thanks for your reply. Where does these numbers (“12-15”) come from?

Currently, I am sitting at 9:0 streak, last game earned 187 points :frowning:

I wish there were some public, accessible rules for that.