Moira for the Nexus!

They learn so fast. sniff :sleepy:

I approve.

10 Likes

They know we need her! We need her so bad …

4 Likes

I want to play biliard with purple and yellow orbs.

2 Likes

In fact, we got more ball options from OW. We got Moira, Zen as well as Symmetra balls. Zen is obviously superior though, the amount of balls that guy throws around at people is unreal.

1 Like

You forgot the superior ball option. Hammond! Who needs to throw balls when you can be the ball?

1 Like

Yea, we need Moira!

I like dwarves.

12 Likes

I like the concept, but how do you change which type of orb you shoot? I was thinking activate the Trait to switch it.

1 Like

I always imagined this as a point and click teleport. You decide where you want to go (within a radius of her) and then reappear in that spot after 0.8 seconds of what’s essentially a stasis but you disappear from the map. Except she can’t go through walls because it’s not really a teleport, but maybe give it a talent for that.

I’m unsure about this concept in general because of how similar some of Moira’s abilities are to existing abilities in HotS:

• Coalescence is similar to Disintegrate, except it heals as well
  • Fade is similar to Dimensional Shift, except it lasts a fraction of the duration
  • Moira’s proposed basic attack doesn’t work similarly with Gul’dan’s W (he has to stand still to heal) because you can’t channel an ability while being able to freely move, unless there is an ability in this game that has those properties already, then I can understand it
  • Does Biotic Grasp work similarly like Defense Matrix? How about it work like Hanzo’s Q (press button down and healing mist is sprayed in targeted direction)
  • Biotic Orb should function like Lucio’s W (but that will only switch which type of orb is shot out). Instead there should be an active ‘1’ button that switches the type and W will shoot out that orb.
1 Like

Tychus’s Q ability, Overkill, can be channeled while moving.

2 Likes

Moira is cool, but she’s not :fire:DEATHWING:fire: :wink:

Her r2 can be a instant 50% refill
Or like she did with reaper. A allied buff

maybe she slows down someones cooldowns

1 Like

She should use energy for her heal moves, and have no mana cost on R and W. but keep E for balancing.

E ability: Fade: disappear for 1 second becoming invulnerable, gaining 30% increased movement speed for this time. Fade pauses any effect on Moira, including armor, damage over time, speed increase/decrease.
Cooldown: 6 seconds.
Mana cost: 100 mana

the goal here is to give Moira the feel of her “spammy” mobility she has in Overwatch, to do this we limit how much she spams E not by cooldowns, but by mana cost, similarly to Brightwings Level 20 upgrade for emerald wind.
If Fade became to strong by the lategame due to having more mana, it could use a % of her mana instead.

Azmo All Shall Burn Beam. thts a channeled ability right?

2 Likes

Heroes like D.Va and Tracer can also move while auto attacking. Azmodan’s beam is the only ability I can think of that allows you to move while channeling it. Leoric’s E comes to mind but is more of a DoT as he can use other abilities while it’s active.

1 Like

Meph W, Malganis sleep, Sylv Q, Morales Q, Tychus Q,

EDIT - cant be the only one kinda hyped for Sigma? (not even playing OW).

3 Likes

That Origin Story is probably their best work yet IMO, gave me so much chills watching it.

7 Likes

Kinda biased, Tekkaman suit vibes give me chills (never big fan of anime but I was watching this one when I was very young).

1 Like

I like Moira a lot, but I’d rather not have her in HotS. Attacking while moving and a short invuln + movement speed would immediately put her into the hypermobility crowd by haters. Also, fade is again a so called get out of jail free card which are so despised here.

The only way I can see her working at least somehow is by giving her miniscule range, thus requiring her to be in the fray all the time. I’m thinking DVa mech range.

Neither is required for her to work. In OW it is more like a short duration unrevealable + speed and moving while attacking is not required for her to work either.

Bouncy balls of heal/doom is the essential part of the kit.

2 Likes