Memes of the Storm

The beginning way a bit lame, but the rest okay.
I recently learned that “monotonous” is pronounced “mo-nahd-nis” and not “mo-no-tone-is”. Something new every day I guess…
Also, now I know that one “o” in opossum is silent for no reason, so thank you for that.

1 Like

There are several ways to pronounce it based on accent, but I personally pronounce the whole word “muh-naht-uhn-us.”

Tuh-may-toh, tuh-mah-toh, toh-muh-toh.

1 Like

That’s not how you pronounce “mono” <3

Yeah, but what did you expect from the English language. You can legitimately pronounce “ghoti” as “fish.” You think we care about silly things like “rules of pronunciation?”

3 Likes

the joy of QM
https://imgur.com/b0Ldots

2 Likes

I fail to see the happy little trees. Will they grow on the charred remains of the right side? Can they withstand the cold and the lingering arcane radiation?

2 Likes

4 Likes

Its very likely dialect based.

Even in the netherlands, there are many diffirent ways of saying Auto (car):
Auto, Ahto, Ohto. Just the region you live in can matter a lot in the way things are spoken.
And considering the amount of english speakers, the variety can be a lot bigger. In most cases its clear what people mean anyway, especialy when you got the context of his dialect because of the sentence around it.

And 1 thing i noticed in many languages is that sounds are often skipped in words that are normaly written down with the word. And thats simply because the letter is there to make writing clear, but for spoken language its generaly irrelevant.
Going back to the dutch language. The word eens (once) is often shorted to just ‘us’, ‘es’ or ‘is’ (and yes, ‘is’, is the same is as in the english language, with the same meaning). The n is completely removed from this, and thats just because its a lot easier and shorter to speak it that way.

Thats why language on its own is already a meme.

3 Likes

Also lyrics:

5 Likes

you may have found the only worthwhile reason for reddit to exist. GG WP

DAE, reddit bad, forums good.

4 Likes

Mad lad did the whole song

Convection is an amazing talent noob!

15 votes and 0 comments so far on Reddit

24 Likes

i don’t make memes just sayin

9 Likes

Nah~~~ That is just high school level Calculus. It’s not that hard. Try to use 2nd or 3rd-year advanced calculus picture.

I just took first image and went with it.

3 Likes

16 Likes
3 Likes

lmaoo bro this is amazing.:joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes