Matchmaking is trash

Watch this replay and tell me, I had a chance at winning that game: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ghhvOwn4Li6sU9Tip6IzW_oNhHRFLLET Now, I know I have thrown in this match. But just compare my skill to… feeding of my teammates. Look at my movement, how I dodge skillshots and position myself and… feeding of my teammates. Now bear in mind, that it was my first game since mid 2017 and first time playing this hero ever aswell.

1 Like

This thread is so ironic, so you say matchmaking is trash but then you try to justify that throwing is less bad than feeding, jeez, revolutionary threads everyone :100:, why did I even watch this replay.

1 Like

Bragging about his own skill then saying “don’t judge me too hard, I played a long time ago and new Hero, but I swear you, I’m good, better than my teammates!”
And you

Matchmaking always has been bad. There is like 1000 posts on this forum explaining why on this forum. (Diamond smurf, seeding from QM, PBMM and placement bug in late 2017, etc.)

It only getting worse with playerbase getting smaller, TL ranking behing all over the place and having more gimmick heroes that combo wombo, press all button and one-shot kill you.

You either get used to it and having bad onesided game often, stick to AI or quit the game.

1 Like

That why spam in us, eu, reddit…my suggestions…this topic…" Make HoST most epic game in gameing industry this year"…

i watched up to the first curse which is about all i really needed to know.

…as an orphea you werent very impressive. you spent a lot of time not doing anything instead of doing things like laning. before the first objective no one bothered to try to take the siege giants which you are completely capable of doing even at level 2.

also, something that was bothering me was what were you thinking exactly on that first objective where you died to stitches and jaina? they were right there in lane with you. where exactly did you think they went? …and you went right into them.

i would say with the heroes you were given there was a chance you could win. nova probably was the biggest weakness you had, but you might have been able to cover it with good play to let her do some good because basically she is a finisher and not a huge amount of your team damage anyway.

2 Likes

About 10-20% of matches are just absolutely unwinnable due to disconnectors, AFK’s, intentional feeders, players put into a match way out of their skill level etc.

In the majority of matches you have some shot at winning if you do your best.

There isn’t really anything Blizzard can do about it. Except encouraging you to team up as 5, which puts the number of absolutely unwinnable games to 0% since nobody on your team will afk, grief, troll or disconnect.

1 Like

It is trash because they tried to fix it 2 years too late so we don’t have a playerbase to support a properly functioning matchmaking anymore. This is the solemn reason I don’t really play the game anymore outside A.I. dailies hoping to see some good changes come out. The frustration that comes from low tier players or throwers dragging you ars through 15+ minutes of pain overrides the good side of the game by a margin. When the matchmaking works the game is fun even if you end up losing, but since it messes up so often and can’t support itself and I don’t have more than two friends of who play this game and one of them isn’t in the same skill bracket at all so groups aren’t exactly an option either

1 Like