Master can't team up with diamond

hi

When i play hots, it’s ranked with my friend since the dawn of time.

Now i’m low master (150) and he is high diamond 2 and we CAN’T TEAM UP

That makes no sense. Why not like : 5000 point in gm cant team up with diamond?? It’s quite easy to fix.

Plz fix this or we just not gonna play anymore since there’s no more fun to have in this.

2 Likes

They literally just added this on the recent patch, they did it to prevent players group smurfing/playing with unranked players to get better matches to climb.

However I will agree on the sense blizzard needs to make a lot of changes to ranked or many people are gonna quit soon.

Lets be real this game is dead. This makes absolutely no sense at all. You should be happy for every freaking player that still plays this. Btw having the same issue, I’m mid master 2k points and my friend whose diamond cannot queue with me which is ridiculous since the placements in hots never gave away actual ppls skill. It was fine as it was before (not more than 2 leagues difference), but this will make a lot of players quit. Who has the luck of being in the exact same division as his friends all the time? Pathetic thought on blizzards side as all of their activities ever since they canceled HGC

2 Likes

And thats why…

Unranked Draft was invented.

Oh snap! You can play with your friends careless of their skill level ! Hooza! Oh hey, Brawls and QM are there for that too! Yay!

Troll aside, it prevents easy boosting and balances more the games with the players. Its Ranked play, its not friend play, having a GM with a Gold creates a game with unbalanced skill level. Sure, “YOU” get to play with your friend, but you ruin the ranked play of the team you play with and the enemy you face.

1 Like

Blizzard wants to punish players for being good.

Im sorry you feel that way, but it isn’t like so.

1 Like

I’ll be honest, if you want to play with your friend whom isn’t in master like you; if they’re the same skill level as you are, they’ll go to master… in time.

However if you think this is some error of stupidity on the end of the devs, it isn’t. Constantly last season as GM, I was placed against 5 stacks of GMs who were using 4 diamond tier/plat tier accs but because of their inflated MMR they were placed into a game with me, however the downside was this: They got to have 4 GMs, but I got to have genuine low-tier diamond players who had no idea of the concepts that GMs do; or if they did, they hadn’t gotten used to them to the point they could survive.

In short, it was toxic; it made people including myself not play ranked because I couldn’t get even games, and even now I can’t get even games. The issue of stacking was addressed the only issue left that needs addressing is the fact a Master player can get placed with plats on their team. “Dead” or not, we’d rather wait for 30 minutes for a game; otherwise we’re left with people who are getting boosted by their friends. How is that fair to the masters+?

So in the mean time wait for your friend to go to Master in SL like you; in the mean time, Quick Match, Brawl, Unranked they’re all there for you to enjoy together; SL is to be serious.

1 Like

You cant even que with them in unranked, its so stupid.

The thing is, it takes a HUGE portion of luck and forever to climb from diamond to master solo. It took me around 1,5k games and almost one year around 2 years ago and I’d never wanna do that again since Blizzard tries to always match you with players on a loss streak when you are on a winning streak. It is meant for you to not climb the ranks fast. So this “just wait for your friend to go to master” could take a year…And the difference between high diamond and low master is virtually non existent. After having played now around 3k games as low-high master(1k-5k points always around that) I can tell you there’s enough high masters who can learn a lot of things from good high diamond players that just keep learning and don’t assume they are the only ones with a game plan. So no this new system does not keep the game balanced, all it does is make ppl like me quit the game until either my friend is master or Blizzard reverts this crap.

3 Likes

What makes no sense to me is why match a player with other players who are on large losing streaks and or low win percentages, It only causes the player who has put the work into playing the game well mean nothing. If i know I am playing my roles good, i shoudl not be punished by being matched with players who are not even trying to win.

It also ruins the game for players who are a support main cause you are basically hoping your dps does not suck every single game and its just a pis poor system.

1 Like

Honestly the whole low win percentage and win-streak thing is out of control. I can’t even go 2 games in a row without “Oh ho ho, you’re doing well? Have a couple plats; while they have consistent master players.”

In terms of the grinding from diamond to master solo; It took me a long time too,but I got to the point where it was earned and it was consistent; sure it can take a long time but as said previously there are other modes in which you two can play together. A lot of people say the healthiest state of the game was when it was solo q only

1 Like

Plat is the new gold. I remember when plat players were ok, Now its just omg someone died once, gotta rage and afk all game.

Because as I said in my first post the game is dead ever since HGC was canceled in December 2018. 95% of the grandmasters/esports players quit and moved on to another game and your average diamonds from back then are the new grandmasters now. That’s why making up new rules that restrict ppl from playing together makes no sense at all, if the game was in its prime like 2 years ago where millions played it then maybe yes, but now its just ridiculous

your argument is not valid. I agree to not let queue up with your friend if you are like 1 or 2 division from him.

But master master 100 cant queue up with diamond 1 ? Really? Can it be easier to fix ?

AND ofc… unranked draft. Is it any fun?